Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$171
Official HotelUS$220
PricelineUS$206
TravelocityUS$259
All reviews indoor pool nature reserve washer dryer on site restaurant excellent accommodation separate bathroom reception staff golf villa courses unit algarve faro cooker sunbeds ensuite formosa
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2020

We had a townhouse, 2 bedroom. The check in was ok. waiting time due Corona. The instruction good, mentioned „pool slot“ 3 possible. The townhouse has a band at the front door, Corona cleaned.
The size was ok. but so many trees to the sun side, no sun. From the birds on the trees a lot of dirt, by at least the half patio. We could not use it. The next problem, bathrooms / lavatories only upstairs. You have to walk for it upstairs. We did a reservation for the 2nd slot using outdoor pool (12.45PM to 4.45 PM). We were a bit late 1.30PM. A sign was by the cabin of the entrance „Lunch 1.30-2.30PM. So we did not get pool towels, or a desinfection of the sunbeds. Sorry for me more marketing than doing.

Date of stay: October 2020
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank haus8406
Reviewed September 14, 2020

6 pax ck-in to one single Villa. Upon arrival at the villa we verified missing items, only 5 glasses of each kind
(Attn Management: replace what is missing before arrival of your guests) we proceeded to inspect the yard and found a pointy and sharp piece of broken glass on the concrete floor by the garden table. I must mention that on our villa entry door was a huge sticker with the words CLEAN & SAFE or is this only covid 19 related ??? The hassels continue....our one toilet flush broke late afternoon and surprisingly there is no 24H housekeeping or maintenance and the following day lunch time we had to call again. On our 4th day our towels were exchanged and only 4 of each kind were delivered (we ck-in 6 and continued to be 6pax at the villa).
Now the biggest nightmare is the pool. Its usage is divided into 3 diferent shifts and if you dont pre-book in advance forget your swim, even with more than 25 sunbeds available we were refused entry because these had been used and were not sanitized. The sanitization is only done at specific hours, apparently the product used is harmful and can only be used without guests around BUT the employees DO NOT use any protective suits and some were sanitizing the sunbeds even without face masks. This method (covid 19 related) could and should be improved and implemented differently. Please Management THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX and be proactive !

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed July 8, 2020

Having been a regular visitor to Vilar do Golf , it is a beautiful spot and has all the potential of being a great holiday destination .

However I am disappointed to say that on my recent visit I was faced with a ViIlla infested with ants. They were all over the kitchen floor , in my food , in the shower and bathroom. This was definately not what I was expecting .

I was keen to find a solution , so asked the reception staff for their help . Instead after waiting hours , I was faced with a staff member telling me that I needed to find the nest and apply a spray . Having a small child in the house, I was not sure of the dangers of using these products near food etc. I tried my best to apply the product and woke up to an entire kitchen crawling with ants . This time a cleaner was kind enough to apply the product and try to clean the apartment . It was clear from her face she was shocked by the amount of crawling ants.

We had to spend the whole day out , due to the chemicals used in the Villa. However this attempt to clear the ViIlla of ants was not successful.
To my disappointment , the receptionist´s response was that the Villa is located on a Natural Reserve and this is normal .

Paying for 5 star accomodation , should not mean that Villas crawling with ants is normal!
I tried again to find a solution , even though the General Manager did not offer his time to help me .

I do not wish to cause more trouble , however I do not feel this experience is satisfactory and the approach that the staff have had has made me feel that I should not be complaining at all .

I only hope this does not happen to anyone else

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank PedroHerdeiro
Reviewed April 10, 2020

Been here a few times with friends and family. We always hire one of their luxury villa's which are very well equipped with everything that we need.
The location is set around a few gof courses which is lovely even though non of us plays golf at the moment.
There are a couple of nice restuarants on site plus a nice spar and a couple of nice swimmimg pool area's.
There is a small shopping centre and a few pubs about a miles walk away we used to use The Cheeky Pup pub a lot on our last visit there.
Booked to go again soon.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank LisaGaz4ever
Diamond R, Diretor-Geral at Vilar do Golf by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2020

Dear Lisa

Thank you for your lovely review about your recent stay with us at Vilar do Golf.

I have shared you review with all the team. I'm sure they will be very happy to know the great experience they have provided again.

Thank you so much on behalf of all the team!

Looking forward to your next visit.

Best Regards

Luis M. Catarino

Reviewed March 16, 2020

This resort is one of the best we have stayed at through RCI exchange and our only complaint would be the location. It is some distance from the ocean and beaches but a couple of kilometres from the Rio Formosa which has walking trails and a boardwalk access to get to the ocean. That is difficult for those with mobility concerns. Unless you play golf, there are limited activities at the resort during the off season. Staff were wonderful and very helpful and the unit was very clean. You would need a car to make the most out of this location near Almancil.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Diamond R, Diretor-Geral at Vilar do Golf by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2020

Dear Muskokahome

Thank you so much on behalf of all the team!

Looking forward to your next visit.

Best Regards