“Very Nice”
Review of Marina Hotel

Marina Hotel
Ranked #56 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed 5 July 2016

This hotel is very peaceful, no traffic or other noises during night-time. Full of Russians. We had renovated room, and it was spacious. Air-conditioning worked well. Good fridge. Breakfast very basic, same every morning. Pool is great, warm and clean, always in a mint condition. Pool bar offers good basic food in good price, no need to go elsewhere for snacks. Supermarket 100 meters away.

Room Tip: Sea view !!!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaniska543

Reviewed 2 June 2016

We had non renovated room, but it was still ok. The breakfast was not so good, but this hotel wasn't so expensive, so I wasn't expecting great. Pool was very good, as well as the pool bar.

Cleaning every day and nice to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank nubaa
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

The marina hotel is a family friendly hotel with excellent staff who are very helpful.My last visit to the marina hotel was in 1993 (in my younger days!) and was pleasantly surprised that several of the staff from my last visit still work here,this made our stay more memorable as this time I was with 2 of my teenage boys.Rooms were cleaned every day to a high standard and the cleaning staff always had a smile on their faces.

Food for breakfast was a good choice,scrambled,fried or boiled eggs,bacon,sausages beans etc as well as meats,cheese and fruit,tea,coffee and various juices.The food at the poolside bar was very nice and reasonably priced,all the staff helpful.

I will definitely visit the marina hotel again,you get a warm welcome which I don't seem to get at 5* hotels I've stayed in.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2015

We were staying in this hotel together with my friend first week of Sept. We knew that hotel was 3***, but when arrived we were unexpectedly surprised - all is more than nice: room, breakfast, location, view and most of all staff. Would like to say a big THANK YOU to the guys, who served us - waiters, houseekepers, bartender, reception. Great job! A special thank you to a room maid Andonia. Her competence, care, friendliness and kindness made us feel like at home. Would be happy to come back this place again! Kindly yours, Natalia.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank natalici0us
Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

Although the hotel is dated the rooms have recently been renovated and they are clean. Beware that common areas have not been renovated and they show their age. Offers basic breakfast. Best asset is the location which is right off the road between Ayia Napa and Protaras and across the road to Limanaki beach.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PanosPPP
Reviewed 8 July 2015

My friends and I stayed in Marina hotel for 2 weeks in June 2015. First and foremost , this hotel is the best option for families and couples. It is quite far ( 25 min of walking ) from the center and party side, yet it is close to the beach and small restaurants.

My friends and I were quite satisfied with the rooms. As we all lived in different rooms we could easily compare the levels. So, there are renovated and non renovated rooms. Obviously , nothing bad might be said about renovated ones. I was less lucky and got a non renovated room. It was really huge, spacious and the view from the window was good even thought it was a non-sea. However, during 2 weeks I constantly felt the smell of something old and unpleasant . My guess is because of an old carpet on the floor. For sensitive smell people I really recommend not stay in the room 230 ! I had to keep the balcony door constantly open. The second disappointment was the light in the room . It was really dull and felt quite terrible in the evenings . The quantity of the lamps did not save the situation at all . The management of the hotel shall change the lamps urgently !

I was pleased with the daily cleaning of the rooms . The cleaning ladies were friendly , polite and did their job properly . The towels were changed every day, the bed was made , the carpet cleaned from the sand and they kept an eye on the soup and shampoos. We all noticed that they never took tips which we left on the table by the way.

My stay included breakfast and dinner . The breakfast was the same every single day during 2 weeks . It had everything a normal person eats for the breakfast but fruits . It would be just great if the restaurant management would offer to its guests the variety of the fruits for the breakfast like apples , watermelons , etc. We were really bored with oranges and grapefruits every day.
The dinners on the contrary were excellent ! I never regretted I had my dinner at the restaurant of the hotel. It offered meat , fish , salads , soup, deserts and fruits ( melon and watermelon) . People traveling with a low budget should definitely take it . It is worth it !!! The restaurant personnel was friendly and polite . All of us noticed one small thing. A lot of people got an impression that napkins are quite a value in the restaurant . We always got only one. I personally use minimum three. But this small things didn't spoil my impression about the food!

The reception stuff is friendly and helpful. All our answers were answered.

Last but not least! Single people , who travel to Ayia Napa to meet new friends :) shall keep in mind that it is not allowed to bring the visitors to the rooms after 23:00. Hotel policy! So plan your night adventures beforehand!

Generally , the hotel corresponds to the 3 star level. It offers what it promises.

Room Tip: When making a booking ask for a renovated room! Room 108 is just great!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Valeria1950
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel staff took into account every single one off our request even for early check in! The rooms where spacious, clean and recently renovated. The beach was a short walk and was absolutely fabulous! We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple