“Large/Youth Groups - Avoid”

Petrosana Hotel Apartments
Ranked #68 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed 30 July 2017

For being a hotel so close to the nightlife strip of Ayia Napa, this has to be the most strict hotel that I have ever stayed. If you're in a large group, or wanted to enjoy the youthful nightlife of Ayia Napa, then definitely avoid this hotel.

I stayed here for 7 nights with a group of 15 young males ages 18-21, wanting to have a good time in the well renowned nightlife of Ayia Napa. Being so close to the strip, we assumed that the hotel would be understanding of the procedure of large groups wanting to enjoy their holiday and party, instead, the complete opposite occurred.

The day after the first night, we received a final, formal written warning letter, stating that if we received one more complaint against ANY member of our group, that the full group (15) would be evicted with no refund or relocation.

The letter was received on the basis that the music that was played on the first night was too loud, and, instead of asking us to politely turn it down (which we would have happily obliged) they issued a final warning letter, putting a dampner on the remainder 6 days of our holiday.

Furthermore, the male secretary at the entrance of the hotel was the most miserable, moody, rude and arrogant member of staff that I have ever met at a hotel. Customers first? I don't think so.

Thankfully, the bar staff around the pool seemed a lot more understanding of the situation, and were always pleasant and helpful.

There is also a small shop opposite the hotel that is owned by a local family; they are the nicest people that we have ment on holiday, always happy, and helped make our stay a little more comfortable.

TL;DR - Large groups, or groups who are wanting to enjoy the nightlife, avoid at all cost. The hotel make you feel unwanted there, and give the sense that they will evict you at the first given chance.If you are a couple or family then the hotel is more suited for you. Very clean, very nice surroundings and great bar staff. Pool could be a little bigger.

Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Chose the newer suites, away from the secretary staff.
8  Thank Jord C

Reviewed 29 July 2017

I stayed here with a group of 15 and as soon as we turned up it seemed as if most of the staff on reception wanted us out. With it being a group of 15 lads its standard that there will be quite a bit of noise coming from us but instead of the staff asking us to keep the noise down they just went and gave us a final warning. We also talked to other groups who were there and nearly all of them got put on a final warning and threatened to be kicked out of the hotel if there were any slight disturbances.

Apart from this the rooms are a good size, bar staff are very friendly and the pool was perfect to relax around.

If you are looking for a family or couples holiday then these apartments would be fantastic but if you are in a group avoid this at all cost.

1  Thank DichaelMickinson
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in a big group and received a final warning within the first few days without receiving any prior warnings only once being told to turn the music down (which we did) night time Reception staff where very ignorant and moody!! The cleaning lady was the same only seemed happy when we gave her a tip..

Bar staff were very helpful and pleasant on the other hand!

The staff Had let some pissed bloke from peterlee constantly get access to our room aswell - practically every night even tho he wasn't supposed to be there which we found very annoying!!

Wouldn't recommend if travelling in groups or if wanting to go out on a night to the strip!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The bar staff were lovely, really welcoming and made the effort to makes me and my friends feel welcome. However, the staff on reception were incredibly rude and made you feel as though they didn't want you there.

With a group as large as 15, obviously it can get noisy, however instead of asking us to turn the noise down (which we would have happily done) we were issued with our final warning. When we enquired about the reasoning behind the warning we were told it isn't a party hotel and that it isn't on the strip, even though the strip is a two minute walk away. If that was the case, they shouldn't have accepted such a large party of people.

If you are a couple or a family, I would recommend the hotel, it has good facilities and the family who run the supermarket over the road were great. However, if you are going on a lads/girls holiday, you'd be better off finding a different place to stay.

6  Thank Josh T
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We stayed here for our first girls holiday in the middle of June and fair to say it had more con's than it's pro's. The pool was lovely, was very clean and the rooms were big with free wifi all around but that was about it. The receptionists were rude, very very unhelpful. We weren't given clean towels every time the maids came, I think they changed our towels twice the whole time we were there. You had to pay 6.50 in euro's to pay for the aircon, and even when you did, the reception would take ages to switch it on and you wouldn't have it for 24 hours, you'd only have it from the time you paid for it until 12am. On our last night, there was a fight in our apartments, just outside of our room where the boys had brought out knives, there was a lot of blood and a broken nose and there was no security around, no police were called, they were just chucked out the next day. The thing which topped it off for me, was check out is 12pm and our transfer wasn't picking us up until 6:30pm, they offered us no safe place to keep our luggage, they just stored it in the lobby where anyone could walk in and take it. I requested to have my luggage kept somewhere safe as we were here for so much longer before we got picked up, and the receptionist was rude, pulled faces at me, swore at me, and was VERY unprofessional. I was disappointed in that. If we weren't drunk all the time, our time there would have been very disappointing. But if you're going there for a girls/lads holiday and you want to go to the strip all the time etc then the location of these apartment's are good. I'd advise to hire quadbikes which is just across the road as it's easier to get to Nissi Beach, Makronissos Beach and the Waterworld Waterpark. The supermarket which was opposite our apartments was run by a lovely family and that made it lovely for us. But a very poorly run place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
9  Thank jaarc_
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Upon booking for the apartment it looked very promising, it looked very nice and we were looking forward to a nice holiday away. The pool is tiny and isn't big enough for the size of the complex. Air con is £7 per outlet so to keep the room from not becoming a sauna it's £14 a day. I rang reception on several occasions to say about our ant problem and when housekeeping came to our apartment to clean our room they handed me ant killer spray for me to use? All in all it wasn't the most memorable holiday and I would be looking to stay somewhere else if I do come back to Ayia Napa

Stayed: June 2017
3  Thank Rhys P
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here back end of may just me and my girlfriend, when we first pulled up we thought yeah looks nice from the outside. Was greeted by a young lady showed us to our room number 4 on the 1st floor and by god when I opened that door I regretted it the room was very dated the floor was dirty and the shower head didn't stay on the wall. I went straight back down to reception to see if I could change my room. She looked at me and said "no we are full" that's it. On a night time it was a nightmare right next to a main road and you could hear everything! This is what you get when you don't pay a little extra I have learnt the hard way :( won't be returning

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple