Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great ride!

Hubby & I visiting White Mountains celebrating our 27th anniversary. Went on 1.5 hr sunset ride... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
John M
Cookstown, New Jersey
via mobile
Our first horseback ride was a success!

I went last Saturday with my 8 year old daughter for her birthday. We were very nervous as this... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Nikisgoodol07
Las Vegas, Nevada

All reviews hour ride great ride great family experience highlight of our trip beautiful scenery reservoir horses wranglers forest pony mustang horseback trail cowboy saddle creek terrain
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic place to ride I checked all the reviews and was a little concerned because my son and niece were very unexperienced. My concerns are quickly put to rest. The ranch hands and Wranglers were awesome walked us through every step without fail even with years of experience there's always something new you can learn especially on an unfamiliar horse. We did the one hour ride and had an absolute blast let son and niece loved every minute of it Wranglers would not move the horses until they were comfortable and understood how to steer them. People need to remember these aren't go karts and they're not some kind of ride on a rail or track. These are training but still animals. Again excellent place definitely worth the time and money and we will be back soon to do the 2-hour ride thank you guys so much!

Reviewed July 11, 2017

After seeing an ad for Porter Mountain Stables my daughter and I made reservations for a mid morning 1 hr trail ride. Hitch was our guide and kept us informed and entertained the entire trip. He was also very attentive to the horses and riders (everyone had ridden before) to make sure no one was lagging behind or having any issues. We had 5 other riders on the ride and everyone was chatting with each other along the way, enjoying the scenery and the relaxing ride. We went through forest, across streams and along the reservoir. All the horses were cooperative and placed in a particular order by their personalities. I would highly recommend this stable. The horses were healthy and well cared for. Thank you Hitch!!!!! From the Sunday 10:30 riders of Ozzie and Andelay.

1  Thank BarbaraE24
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We stopped off here looking for a pony ride for our 2 year old and found out that they do them for free (tips only). They were great with kids and even let our daughter paint her own horseshoe and take it home. The staff were friendly, helpful, courteous, and we would definitely go back.

1  Thank docallergy
Reviewed July 2, 2017

This is a professionally managed place. I have been to other stables and it is obvious that the owner, staff and wranglers take pride in their work. The horses are in great condition and are loved.
My wrangler was Keith with his beautiful Mustang, Ghost. Thank you for a peaceful and refreshing early morning two hour ride. I miss those pines down here in Phoenix!
My horse, Dallas, was wonderful and I was happy to see that my husband had brought carrots for Dallas and the other horses to enjoy.
I will definitely come back. Thank you again!!

1  Thank elleb333
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

We have been already twice with kids at this place. Horse are beautiful, team is professional, smiling.
Little one (2y) went on poney and sister on ride !
Great !