Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great ride!

Hubby & I visiting White Mountains celebrating our 27th anniversary. Went on 1.5 hr sunset ride... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
John M
Cookstown, New Jersey
via mobile
Our first horseback ride was a success!

I went last Saturday with my 8 year old daughter for her birthday. We were very nervous as this... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Nikisgoodol07
Las Vegas, Nevada

All reviews hour ride great ride great family experience highlight of our trip beautiful scenery reservoir horses wranglers forest pony mustang horseback trail cowboy saddle creek terrain
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Beautiful and well behaved horses in a really pretty setting. The cowboys are very helpful and knowledgeable. Will be going back for sure.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

Our first visit to the stable was back in April, Hallie was our wrangler. She was super friendly and very informative. We cam back to the stables on September 27th 2017, Hitch was our wrangler, AMAZING is all I can say. The team at the stables really enjoy what they do and it shows in how much knowledge they have of the forest and surrounding areas. We will be returning in November, and can not wait till it snows so we can also come back for a snow trail. Thank you for making my year.

Stephanie P, Owner at Porter Mountain Stables, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

We love hearing this, and we genuinely love what we do!! We often say our favorite part of this whole experience for us is all the amazing people we meet and spend time sharing our passion with!! We can’t wait to see you guys in November!

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

Perfect way to spend a mountain morning. The people at Porter Mountain Stables are friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. Even more, they make every effort to show they're glad you've come to visit, and to give you a great mountain trail ride experience. The horses are well-trained while still spirited. The trail meanders through lovely terrain and crosses through a creek at least twice. We called a few days ahead to reserve a space, and others we were travelling with were able to get a ride by calling the same day. Pro-tip: if you are comfortable on horseback, opt for the two-hour ride.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic place to ride I checked all the reviews and was a little concerned because my son and niece were very unexperienced. My concerns are quickly put to rest. The ranch hands and Wranglers were awesome walked us through every step without fail even with years of experience there's always something new you can learn especially on an unfamiliar horse. We did the one hour ride and had an absolute blast let son and niece loved every minute of it Wranglers would not move the horses until they were comfortable and understood how to steer them. People need to remember these aren't go karts and they're not some kind of ride on a rail or track. These are training but still animals. Again excellent place definitely worth the time and money and we will be back soon to do the 2-hour ride thank you guys so much!

Reviewed July 11, 2017

After seeing an ad for Porter Mountain Stables my daughter and I made reservations for a mid morning 1 hr trail ride. Hitch was our guide and kept us informed and entertained the entire trip. He was also very attentive to the horses and riders (everyone had ridden before) to make sure no one was lagging behind or having any issues. We had 5 other riders on the ride and everyone was chatting with each other along the way, enjoying the scenery and the relaxing ride. We went through forest, across streams and along the reservoir. All the horses were cooperative and placed in a particular order by their personalities. I would highly recommend this stable. The horses were healthy and well cared for. Thank you Hitch!!!!! From the Sunday 10:30 riders of Ozzie and Andelay.

1  Thank BarbaraE24