Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great ride!

Hubby & I visiting White Mountains celebrating our 27th anniversary. Went on 1.5 hr sunset ride... read more

Reviewed October 9, 2018
johnmT9415ZR
Cookstown, New Jersey
via mobile
Our first horseback ride was a success!

I went last Saturday with my 8 year old daughter for her birthday. We were very nervous as this... read more

Reviewed September 17, 2018
Nikisgoodol07
Las Vegas, Nevada

All reviews sunset ride great ride white mountains great family experience beautiful scenery horses reservoir wranglers forest mustang pony horseback trail fears cowboy saddle scott
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

I was a little nervous but thanks to Keith who made me fill relaxed. Very nice Guy!!
Ride took us through the trees and around the lake. We did the sunset ride which was 1 1/2 hr. Would recommend for a easy ride.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Beautiful and well behaved horses in a really pretty setting. The cowboys are very helpful and knowledgeable. Will be going back for sure.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed October 1, 2017

Our first visit to the stable was back in April, Hallie was our wrangler. She was super friendly and very informative. We cam back to the stables on September 27th 2017, Hitch was our wrangler, AMAZING is all I can say. The team at the stables really enjoy what they do and it shows in how much knowledge they have of the forest and surrounding areas. We will be returning in November, and can not wait till it snows so we can also come back for a snow trail. Thank you for making my year.

Date of experience: September 2017
Stephanie P, Owner at Porter Mountain Stables, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

We love hearing this, and we genuinely love what we do!! We often say our favorite part of this whole experience for us is all the amazing people we meet and spend time sharing our passion with!! We can’t wait to see you guys in November!

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

Perfect way to spend a mountain morning. The people at Porter Mountain Stables are friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. Even more, they make every effort to show they're glad you've come to visit, and to give you a great mountain trail ride experience. The horses are well-trained while still spirited. The trail meanders through lovely terrain and crosses through a creek at least twice. We called a few days ahead to reserve a space, and others we were travelling with were able to get a ride by calling the same day. Pro-tip: if you are comfortable on horseback, opt for the two-hour ride.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic place to ride I checked all the reviews and was a little concerned because my son and niece were very unexperienced. My concerns are quickly put to rest. The ranch hands and Wranglers were awesome walked us through every step without fail even with years of experience there's always something new you can learn especially on an unfamiliar horse. We did the one hour ride and had an absolute blast let son and niece loved every minute of it Wranglers would not move the horses until they were comfortable and understood how to steer them. People need to remember these aren't go karts and they're not some kind of ride on a rail or track. These are training but still animals. Again excellent place definitely worth the time and money and we will be back soon to do the 2-hour ride thank you guys so much!

Date of experience: August 2017