Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great ride!

Hubby & I visiting White Mountains celebrating our 27th anniversary. Went on 1.5 hr sunset ride... read more

Reviewed October 9, 2018
johnmT9415ZR
Cookstown, New Jersey
via mobile
Our first horseback ride was a success!

I went last Saturday with my 8 year old daughter for her birthday. We were very nervous as this... read more

Reviewed September 17, 2018
Nikisgoodol07
Las Vegas, Nevada

All reviews sunset ride great ride white mountains great family experience beautiful scenery horses reservoir wranglers forest mustang pony horseback trail fears cowboy saddle scott
Reviewed October 14, 2017

All stables are not created equal. The good folks at Porter Mtn. Stables are welcoming and attentive, and have put together all the right elements and staff for a great family experience. Unlike many stables we've all experienced, there is a lot of personal attention and sense of family here. It is conveniently located and accessible by any car. All 7 horses were in great shape, well-trained and obedient without being dull. Many thanks to our wrangler "Hitch" who shared entertaining stories of the area, the horses and the life of an Arizona wrangler. The trail around Scott Reservoir at the foot of Porter Mountain was stunning at sunset and there was an abundance of Canadian geese and other wildlife.
Owners Steven and Stephanie clearly have worked their butts off paying attention to how to make each rider's experience unforgettable.

My wife and I personally think they have way underpriced their wonderful rides.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

If you haven't ever ride before this horses are pretty gentle. My wife had broken her neck in a fall several years back and was very apprehensive about riding. Keith was very helpful in getting her comfortable and took her to the horses and introduced her to them in her words and went on a 2 hour ride and enjoyed it and am looking forward to more rides with her in the future. Keith was lead rider and Jack kept an eye on the back. I would definitely come here again.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

I was a little nervous but thanks to Keith who made me fill relaxed. Very nice Guy!!
Ride took us through the trees and around the lake. We did the sunset ride which was 1 1/2 hr. Would recommend for a easy ride.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Beautiful and well behaved horses in a really pretty setting. The cowboys are very helpful and knowledgeable. Will be going back for sure.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed October 1, 2017

Our first visit to the stable was back in April, Hallie was our wrangler. She was super friendly and very informative. We cam back to the stables on September 27th 2017, Hitch was our wrangler, AMAZING is all I can say. The team at the stables really enjoy what they do and it shows in how much knowledge they have of the forest and surrounding areas. We will be returning in November, and can not wait till it snows so we can also come back for a snow trail. Thank you for making my year.

Date of experience: September 2017
Stephanie P, Owner at Porter Mountain Stables, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

We love hearing this, and we genuinely love what we do!! We often say our favorite part of this whole experience for us is all the amazing people we meet and spend time sharing our passion with!! We can’t wait to see you guys in November!