2,816 results
All reviews malpensa airport an early flight long walk the club lounge convenient location next morning pizza rental car huge hotel rooms are large public areas last night modern hotel late arrival express train stayed one night elevator
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is definitely the solution if you have an early flight, as it is situatef in the terminal, a 3 minute walk from the train station
Rooms and bathrooms are large and well equipped, and the noise from the airport is minimal. Breakfast was excellent, and dinner, in the bar was very tasty.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Sheraton has captive audience in travelers but unless you are flight crew or your flight is leaving super early there is no reason to stay here.

This hotel is very busy, and shockingly worn down because of it. Every single piece of furniture should be replaced, repaired, or repainted. It could also use a really thorough cleaning. The rugs have food crumbs ground in throughout, our first room had clearly been used by smokers (and was also 2 doubles when a single king was requested), but mostly the whole place was faded and stained. When we requested a room change to a king that did not have smoke the front desk was happy to do it. The staff is kind but really overworked. Too many people coming and going with too few staff to help made it completely reasonable to understand that they had missed our original request.

We had also tried to book a massage before we got onto our 11 hour flight. The spa email is incorrect on the website. We emailed the front desk who forwarded us onto the spa. 6 emails later we thought we had confirmed a 5:00 pm massage just to go down to find out that they could only accommodate us at 7:00. We got at a drink the bar next door and waited - the staff in the bar and spa are very nice but spending time in an airport hotel bar isn't great ambience on the best of days so the extra time wasn't a cheap or especially fun way to spend time.

We returned to our room to find both of our room keys didn't work. We called down to ask an agent to come up and let us in since the hotel is very very very big it's a 20 minute round trip to the desk. 20 minutes later so many flight crew had walked by and gone into other rooms it was clear they were super busy at the desk. I walked down and rightly found that no one had reprinted our cards and not been dispatched. They told me it was not a good idea to put our cards near our phones (which we know have just been on vacation staying in hotel for 3 weeks). Overall it was an extra hour to just get into our room.

When we did check out at 4:15 the next morning our bill was incorrect. Again, the desk agent was kind and very relieved that we reminded him we should have had a massage billed to us but it was just the final straw. They apparently don't check the room numbers against the name on the room and the room number was transposed?

This was not up to standards I would expect for the cost and we were just relieved to leave.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as close to the elevators as possible - and remind them when you check in exactly what kind of room you need.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
GuestET, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Withgrace78,
thank you for your stay and for the feedback. We understand your points and will share them with the Team in our continue effort to improve our service. Please accept our sincere apologies. We extremely regret for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. We are aware that we cannot change your past experience which affected your memories and impression, but sincerely hope you will give us another possibility to deliver the type of service you expect from us. We hope that your travel agenda will bring you back to Sheraton Malpensa and meet your expectations. Thank you and warmest regards. Guest Experience Team, Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Located right in the Malpensa terminal. You can arrive by train or plane. It's a great layover hotel. The rooms are quiet and clean. There are Starwood points available as well. I've stayed here many times when I arrive very late or have a very early morning departure out of Milan.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Finding the place was a challenge in itself, after a 15 hour flight the only thing I wanted was to get into my room as fast as possible to rest. That was not to be as there is only one sign to direct you to the Hotel, I followed the sign but took me nowhere. I headed back after asking some very nasty airport attendant and still not seeing any direction sign. I finally saw a hidden corridor and there it was .
The front desk attendant was polite, checked me in and gave me a key but never offered directions to the room or sent someone with me. The Hotel is not a high rise but it's spread with different towers going in different directions. When I reached my floor, I did not see directions to room numbers so I had to chance it by going one direction and it was, obviously the wrong one. I went the other way and still no room number directory. I started to head back, extremely frustrated and angry when I saw another corridor that looked like a service entrance. I went through it and found my room. The room was clean and just your typical high end hotel room, very non descriptive, almost prison like. This was already a very frustrating experience.
They should have had sent someone with me to show me the room, at $325 a night you think that they would offer that service. As my room charge included breakfast I headed for the lounge as soon as I got up. The breakfast was decent and included everything that a north American would want for breakfast. I left for the train station soon after . When I returned home 2 weeks later I found out that the Hotel had put an extra charge on my Credit Card for breakfast. I thought it was included I said when I called but the reply was that I should have gone to the restaurant and not the Lounge as they called it. I assume that in the restaurant the food is of inferior quality, after all I only paid $325 so they charged me an extra $70 I thought this was very nasty.
This place lucks everything starting with communication, luck of service as in there is none. I came across some Hotel stuff and they were walking around like zombies, didn't even reply to my "Good Morning with a smile salute".
I will never again set foot in this hole they call Hotel. The Marriott organization should be ashamed and take note because this is not how to run a Hotel. I'd like a refund . I doubt they'll call me back, they could care less.
Overall a terrible experience
.AVOID AT ALL COSTS. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank lucianoloi54
GuestET, Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Lucianoloi54,

First of all we would like to thank you for the time you have dedicated on sharing your experience at Sheraton Milan Malpensa.

We are truly sorry that your stay has clearly fallen short of your expectations. We would like to take this opportunity to explain some of the issues raised and since unfortunately we do not have your contact details we hope that you will contact us via email or telephone to discuss the other issues especially regarding the breakfast.

The airport signage is unfortunately regulated by the airport. We would love to have large signs and arrows pointing everybody to our hotel but we are only allowed the existing signage in the airport.

We fully understand the importance of making our guests feel welcome, with a positive approach to their needs and to receive directions to the room at the check in time. Please accept our apologies for any discomfort we have unintentionally caused.
Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority, we would love to show the room to all our guests, however due to the large number of rooms in our hotel we are just not able to escort all our guests to the room. To make up for this, we have located signs directly in front of the elevators so that upon exiting it is possible to see which direction one needs to go to reach the room.
As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the front desk team to avoid any similar problem in the future.

As for the breakfast charge when breakfast was included we really hope that you will contact us to discuss this further.

We sincerely hope you will give us another possibility to deliver the type of service you expect from us.

With kind regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2018

The location is a dream come true when your airplane leaves early! And, that is about it.
The lobby looks like it could be right out of a train station, the lobby-desk is worn out, and looks dirty. The people in the lobby are nice and welcoming. The hallways leading to the room looks very depressing and dirty. The carpet in the room is full of stains, and you cant even close the curtains, so we had lights from the parking house lightening up our room all night (not very bright lights, but still). The tea-maker did not work, and the room is small. The bathroom on the other side looked nice, and it was big. The price is too high for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
GuestET, guest experience team at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear Norwaytraveler, thank you for choosing us and thank you for your positive feedback. We constantly take in consideration the clients’ feedback in order to give a better experience in the future to them. know more regarding About the conditions reported we would like to the Room you stayed in and if you have the chance to write directly to us at milanmalpensa@sheraton.com. We sincerely hope to have you back with us and demonstrate you that we are different. Feel free to contact me, with our warmest regards Guest Experience Team, Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre