“Unexpectedly Amazing!”
Review of Cannards Well

Cannards Well
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic carvery! Stopped in with the children and couldn't have had a warmer welcome from the chef. Cheery & playful & brilliant with the children. Meats were turkey (moist), beef (pink), gammon (salty), pork (crackling). Huge array of veg including my favourite cauliflower cheese, wonderfully brown on top and packed with cauliflower and deep flavoured cheese. Homemade apple sauce topped it off with a big selection of other sauces and a dark, tasty gravy. Will definitely make the 2 hour round trip again! Many thanks :-)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 September 2017

The landlord and staff were great. The room was acceptable but needed tlc and the standard of cleaning needs to be improved, there were crumbs near the kettle and a discarded wine bottle top on the floor in the bathroom. We chose here because of food reviews, but I think the chef must have left. Our friends ordered rump steak, but it was so tough, most of it was inedible. I had cod and chips which was superb. The wifi didn't work in our room either. Such a shame.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank pothunters
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Only stayed one night but what friendly people, staff and customers.
We were upgraded to a larger room (suite C) and were very comfortable.
We ate our evening meal there and, although there wasn't a great deal of choice, what we had was very good. Lovely full-English in the morning, too.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Myself and my family have stayed at canards well twice before and had a pleasant stay but this time we can't say the same. Although the staff are all lovely, friendly and very attentive the hotel is a bit like fawlty towers. It's in dire need of a revamp. After a 7 hour drive to get there we were starving and very much looking forward to a steak and onion rings as we had this last time and it was outstanding. We were disappointed as the steak was so tough and the onion rings were from a packet. (Yak) my Mam sent her steak back which is not like her as she never complains. I ate mine because it was edible and I was hungry. We all slept well even though there is a noisy road outside. No problems there. Breakfast was lovely but my daughter ordered a bacon sandwich and when it was served she had the crust off the end of the loaf. My daughter is 7 so not what I expected her to be served. She wasnt too impressed but ate the bacon. The wifi never worked the whole time we were there for the 2 nights but not the end of the world. A cleaner either needs to be hired or if there is a cleaner they need to be sacked as the room was so dusty and dirty. We went out for food the second night as we couldn't face eating another mediocre meal. All in all it was an ok stay but we wouldn't return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We returned at end of July having been here twice already.again,received great hospitality and enjoyed our stay.the breakfasts were wonderful..our room - though pricier than those we had in the past - was excellent.very clean,large and very well equipped.have booked the same for next year.thank you Jim,Mullany and all housekeeping staff..

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here over the weekend. We had one of there family rooms which was big. And very spacious bathroom. The bed was very comfortable apart from the slates of the bed falling out on there own. We enjoyed the sky tv and the lovely shower. The bath is perfect size for a baby/young child. Over all the room was lovely but could have been perfect. Just a bit of time spent on the place to neaten it up a bit and give it a deep clean and this place would be perfect.

The staff were wonderful. Nothing was to much And chatted in the bar like we were regulars.

We didn't get to eat here unfortunately. But the food smelt amazing.

I would say as we were on the top floor and in a family room. Although we don't have children, I wouldn't necessarily be happy having an older child in the room. As all four of the windows opened incredibly wide with out a safety clip. I normally hate these clips in hotels as you can't get the room cool enough but as the windows in this place open as doors and are as big as doors. Something should be put in place.

All in all thank you for accommodating our stay. We didn't want to go in the morning. We could of stayed there for a week.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Don't really understand the last review? And can only think it is fake. We had the carvery the same day and although I never had all four meats just the beef it was cooked to perfection. Can only assume that having had all FOUR meats the previous reviewer had confused there pallet? I found that the staff were very attentive and friendly and bent over backwards to ensure everything was to our satisfaction. To be minestrone it's a bonus for me that the previous reviewer is not returning because more room in the overflowing car park. Get a life

Stayed: September 2017
0.1 km away
Cannards Grave Farmhouse
Cannards Grave Farmhouse
#1 of 2 in Cannards Grave

Been to Cannards Well? Share your experiences!