“Slice of California vibes in PR”

Roots Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #50 of 117 Restaurants in Rincon
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Was visiting a plaza festival with friends nearby, when we saw the the specials board outside. Was not expecting such a chill cali atmosphere, with very nice attentive staff. Ordered catch of the day tacos, fried goat cheese app, beef sliders, pad thai, lo mein and mango cheesecake. Had varied drinks, watermelon mojito was particularly great. The tacos were fresh, yet a little dry, pad thai was very tasty, lo mein was perfectly balanced, the sliders were juicy and well seared and the dessert was creamy and not too sweet. New secret spot for us in Rincon.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The place was empty by the time I got there about 6:30 pm. It actually filled up right after 7:30 or so. Only thing I didn't like was that at the time I got there there was like family or friends with two toddlers and they were screaming and running around the place like a playground. At the time people started coming they went away. I have nothing against kids but they just do t belong in a restaurant at night when people are trying to have a peaceful & quiet meal.
Which by the way I did and I thank them for realizing that and taking care of the issue on time.

The waitress was very attentive and very polite at all times even when it got crowded.

I had order a filet mignon medium well and it came medium rare. But hey managed to get it write the second time around. It was with the waiting. It was very tasty and the asparagus were just right.

I do recommend this place for dinner. And it look like they have a full cocktail bar for those who like their alcoholic drinks.
Bon appetit!!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Roots is a hot spot in Rincón. Centrally located in the town plaza, you step in and feel (First the refreshing Air conditioning :)) and second, an awesome vibe of urban-beach that makes you feel a little more fabulous than some more casual places (without being pretentious at all) The interior design is lovely: local art tastefully placed, gorgeous local flowers at the long and poppin' bar, and live music at least once or twice a week!

The owners Tony and Nina are wonderful hosts and will make you feel at home right away. Thanks again for the hurricane hospitality, guys!! The staff are great as well. FOOD is fresh, tasty, and well priced for the portions you receive. I love the roasted beet salad, fish tacos, and their famous goat chz balls. They make fresh juices and have great drink options and specials as well. I gotta check out their brunch one day!

It's a place for locals and tourists alike to gather for a meal/drink or get down and party all night. Great for a date or to meet up with old and new friends, for family gatherings, or even for business meetings in the day.

Come check 'em out when you're in town!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I have bee to this restaurant as often as I can. I have never beeb disappointed with the service and the food. The regular customers are an eclectic mix. Tuesday they have an excellent DJ and the vibes are great. I have my favorite dishes that I always go for them, as an appetizer I MUST recommend the goat cheese balls they are so popular that sometimes ran out of them since they are made fresh every day, the Pad Thai is awesome but my very most favorite are the lamb chops perfectly done with the house sauce with roasted potatoes and asparagus. If you go there make sure to say hi to Nina and Tony the owners you'll be surprise how young they are (under 25) and how well they keep the place running smoothly.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

The easy to find location, the ambiance, and yes! the food make Roots highly recommendable. Local art hangs on the wall and the staff is both attentive and courteous. That's before we get to the great food!