Surf 787 Guest Villa
US$100
Hotels.com
Rincon Inn(Rincon)
  • Pool
All reviewsping pongyoga studioskill levelthe ownerpuerto ricogreat guyawesome instructorviews are breathtakingmy favorite partperfect settinga great stayeach morningwatch the sunsetbeautiful poolmini fridgerogerlesson
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Surf Villa is a very nice place to stay. Especially you will enjoy the view from the balcony. It was my favorite place to chill in the hammock staring at sunsets after surfing. Roger is a cool guy and very professional surf guide. He knows where to go in every condition of waves. A couple of times we surfed literally alone one the perfect spot. By the way, he is a professional kook, so your everyday breakfast would be like in a five-star hotel, with good healthy food. Highly recommend this place to stay if you are going to surf to Puerto Rico.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors have an exceptional view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2018

This was our second stay at Roger's surf villa.. and it was just as good as the first! Our travel group rented the entire house and Roger could not have been more accommodating. The villa is secluded and comfortable. The kitchen is well-stocked and the pool.. perfect. Roger and his surf crew are amazing and patient instructors so be sure to book them for a lesson or two during your stay! Our group consisted of mainly first-timers and they made sure everyone had a great, safe experience. Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2018

I just returned from my second visit to Surf787 Villa. My group rents the entire villa and it's just perfect. Very comfortable beds, great views, the kitchen is well stocked and there is plenty to keep you busy on the property. It's very private and safe, something that is a big plus for us. Roger is a fantastic surf instructor that puts extra effort into scouting the best conditions for your skill level. He and his posse take the time to drive the coast and watch the forecast so that your lesson is perfect. I highly recommend this villa!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Dear Fellow Traveler,

Situated on top of a hill, this spacious Surf Villa has tremendous views. With many rooms opening up directly to the outside, you can inhale and simply live. From private rooms to renting the entire villa, Surf 787 has it all. Roger, the owner, has a 50+ quiver that allows you to just show up and surf. Breakfast was included with my private room along with a TV, mini fridge, and A/C.

The Surf Villa has a laundry list of amenities: pool, bbq, game room (includes billiards, ping pong, and of course N64 :), laundry room, and a Yoga studio (though the roof still needed to be replaced during my stay due to the storm. Not to say you can’t still breathe and stretch without a roof :). My favorite part of the Villa was waking up to breakfast, the pool, the views, and Sunny, Roger’s adorable outdoor cat.

From beginners to pros, Roger has the local knowledge to coach your surf trip. He offers lessons, half day and full day trips. As all surf trips go, the waves and wind are up to Mother Nature. Regardless, Roger can help guide you through it all, and if all surf fails, you can come back to the Villa to retreat for the comfortable views including beautiful poolside star gazing at night.

All in all, Surf 787 is up, running, and thriving. You should plan at least a weekend retreat on your Puerto Rico vacation. Thursday is Art Walk in the city square. It’s a must.

Cheers,

JackO

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2018

Wow! We just got back from a fabulous trip to Surf 787! Roger is the best host and catered to all of our needs.

When he found out that I have gluten allergies, he went to several different stores looking for gluten free bread to serve on my morning breakfast. The breakfast was delightful and Roger’s added touch of a beautiful flower on my plate each morning showed just how much he wants each of his guest’s time at Surf 787 to be perfect!

Even though our visit came when the waves were the biggest in 10 years and my husband was unable to surf each day as planned, Roger went out of his way to make our vacation just as memorable by suggesting other activities to pursue. Cabo Rojo, Playa Sucia, and the San Sebastian waterfalls were gorgeous! Laying by the sparkling pool at Surf 787 was very relaxing too!

Roger doesn’t believe in the saying, “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” Next month I’ll be 48 years old, never been on a surfboard, Roger didn’t hesitate to teach me how to surf. I even was able to stand up a few times. I just have to remember to let go of the board. Don’t be afraid. Right, Roger? I guess I can no longer say, “I’ve never been on a surfboard before.” Roger had great teaching skills and unwavering patience.

We will definitely be returning for future stays at Surf 787. I highly recommend you check it out too!

Michelle and Ron Shealer