Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews great balcony quiet neighborhood ocean view papaya bedroom sunset wilson key
Selected filters
Reviewed November 5, 2019

There are many good things about this property and other reviews have focused on them. I will focus on what the property does not provide. This property came up as a "hotel" in my search. It is anything but a hotel and should not be listed as such. It is a standalone set of apartments. There is no staff on site and no typical hotel services on site. Key pickup and checkin is a 10 mins drive from the apartment (and only from 4pm-6pm without prior arrangement). As someone used to what a "hotel" means I did not see that in the listing nor was I looking for it, nor was I looking for (nor read until much later) the unusual followup email I was sent from hotel management following booking the room, which (re)explains all the things I am now sharing here - ie they know that people may have booked something they really did not want, but the email serves as a "we advised you" so its your fault, not ours. According to other guests and the hotel front desk, I am not the only person to arrive at the hotel, family in tow, in the rain blissfully unaware I need to go somewhere else to checkin and get access. I guess that email is meant to "solve" the misconceptions people have before arrival, but all it did for me was acknowledge they know there is a problem. In addition the closest restaurant is a 15 min walk away, the closest convenience store a 7 min drive away.
Lastly be very careful with "hidden" fees. My total included "fees and taxes" which added an additional 45% over the listed price. It was not broken down. For comparison other hotels in the area have "fees and taxes" which are a little less than 10%. As a hotel this is a 1/5 as a cute seaside apartment it is higher than that. But I booked something listed as a hotel. According to hotel staff (where I picked up the key), this confusion is something that management knows about and actively chooses to ignore.

Room tip: this is not a hotel
Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank nexus415
Que C, General Manager at LemonTree Oceanfront Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2019

My most sincere apologies that your experience with us was less than perfect; I assure you we take into consideration our guests’ feedback in order to continue striving for excellence. It is most unfortunate your rating was based upon a misconception as to the Lemontree’s “hotel” status. The term “hotel” includes a huge range of properties from large resorts to small and unique boutique hotels. Each boutique hotel, such as the Lemontree, offers a particular feel, vibe and amenities that are not always to everyone liking; we understand that. The booking platform (Hotels.com) used for this reservation clearly does specify, on the booking page, the amenities of Lemontree, check-in procedures and location, and the taxes and fees. The fees and tax percentage for a reservation remain the same even if, as was your case, the daily rate, due to the last minute special, is discounted. As guests are sometimes hasty in their bookings, we also provide check in procedures and amenities descriptions in our welcoming email, sent to all guests. Our guests are always our main priority and a sense of urgency and service is what we strive for. If you wish to discuss the matter further, I remain at your service. All the best, Wilson Rios

Reviewed October 18, 2019 via mobile

Lemontree hotel in Gangtok. Visited this hotel recently. Excellent service, be it dining room, or reception or any member of staff at any level were excellent. Bending backwards to help. Kind, curteous and whether be brekfast or dinner was eccellent choice. Higly recoment it if you are thinking of visiting Sikkim.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2019

Unbelievably beautiful and relaxing hideaway. This place was a gift to myself and my partner when we stayed in the downstairs one bedroom suite for 3 peaceful, secluded nights with the ocean. We loved the balcony the most, but the whole suite is really comfortable and had everything we needed for our stay. Spectacular views, quiet neighborhood, good food in all directions. We are astounded at the reviews that complained about the ocean sounds because we have never slept better!! Literally. Way better than the ocean sounds on my spotify. This is heaven and we miss it already so much. We'll be back!

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

The LemonTree is mine and my fiancé’s escape from reality. The amazing views quite location and perfect serene escape is all we need. I recommend staying here to get away from life. There’s tons to do, Playa crashboat for sun (wear sunscreen), Calypso for great cocktails and guava chicken, the deck for peace and quite, the coqui for rhythms of the night, the ocean for life. Stay here relax and decompress. The rooms are perfect size and get the beer and peanuts for an extra touch.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

The Lemontree was Great! The views are excellent. It was like a private retreat away from home. Housekeeping came every couple of days and was very nice to us. The manager even came to check on us. Parking was close and convenient and the location was great. The only issue was that there was a huge outdoor rat that came onto the porch while we were enjoying the night out. Other than that we loved the place.

Date of stay: July 2018