“Loved this hidden sushi spot”
Review of The Pool Bar

The Pool Bar
Ranked #12 of 134 Restaurants in Rincon
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pool Bar Sushi is a landmark in Rincon with its tropical, unique atmosphere and fresh sushi with cold local beers. Surf flicks play on a giant screen above the pool surrounded with tables to eat and drink.
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

For great sushi in awesome hidden spot...sushi was very surprisingly good. Winning Sushi Selection: starving surfer, wak' n roll, pool bar, coco loco, hamachi roll, eel roll, crunchy spicy tuna..

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

The taste of the food was very good, but we were ignored on arrival. No welcome, no drinks were offered, since the bar is operated by an entire different entity. You have to get up, open another tab, just for drinks. Yes, that means two tickets for one meal. Ignored by the waiters, plus there was no lightbulb in the woman's bathroom. You had to do your business in the dark. Never coming back

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

While vacationing with family in the area a friend recommended this place for sushi and also because they have a pool that the kids could use. Everything was fine until we were getting ready to leave and a bar staff approach us and said we didn’t pay our bill. We understood the bill had been paid so we discussed the issue with the bar owner who was very unprofessional. We provided her with additional money to cover what she said wasn’t paid even thought she never provided a bill or a receipt. Even after paying the bill she continued yelling and cursing, sticking up her middle finger in front of a group that included two young children. It really ruined our night and the children were terrified. I don’t recommend this place if you are seeking a family friendly environment.

3  Thank yanitxa2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018

Location: you have to walk a bit from Tamboo area to get there. We walked about 5 minutes to get there and it was not a problem. I am not sure if they have parking, but we saw parks parked on the side of the street.

Ambience: they have a pool there and with seats surrounding it. They also had a movie playing. I think they may have some special nights there.

Food: The food that we ordered were a hit and miss. I liked the fried fish appetizer and the Poke was really good too. Although, the rolls (they have an entire menu) were pretty bad. The rice was not cooked properly and in general just badly made rolls. I had the spider roll which was not good at all (think $14) and some others had other rolls and told me the same thing. If you benchmark the rolls against Supermax rolls, Supermax tasted way better - still not that good.

Drinks: recommended the rum punch, but needless to say, it was below average. I have been in the Caribbean for quite a while and visited lots of different islands and I have to say the one at this joint was not up to par. No offense.

Service: The surfer dudes were waitering and they came around to help out when needed and was always available. FYI, they ordered the drinks and food separately by different people.

The place can get very hot, no inside seating and there is no aircon, so if in the summer months, you have to bare with the hotness or make sure to wear swim shorts to jump into the water. I'm sure it will be refreshing that way.

Overall, it was a decent place to go with a group of friends and to try it out. I could go back during my next visit to Rincon, but would avoid the sushi.

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

One of our favorite stops while we are in Rincon PR! This place sports a very relaxed and kick back atmosphere along with fantastic sushi!!