“A friendly family run hotel, I will be back”
Review of Hotel Morales

Hotel Morales
Ranked #29 of 40 Hotels in Ronda
Reviewed 8 July 2011

The family running the hotel were very helpful and friendly. We got wireless access without any trouble. The rooms were great. The location is good. It was quiet and easy to sleep. Ronda was great and so was this hotel

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jbpurple

Reviewed 30 September 2010

The building inside is very beautiful and it's not far from the old town (less than 10 minutes of walk). My room was very small (single) and the window faced the inside patio, so I had to go outside the hotel to check what the weather was like. Also, the hotel has actually 1 star only, not 2 as per in booking.com. The guy who greeted me on the arrival, Juan, was great - he gave me a map and showed the best places to go for eating out and sighseeing. But the guy who was in the reception the next day when I checked out was hopeless - not a single word in English or any other foreign language and my Spanish wasn't good enough to explain the problem (there was an issue with the online payment and I wasted 30 min trying to solve it), so my mood was spoiled in the end.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2010

We enjoyed our one night stay at this hotel. We had a room with ensuite facing the street. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the train station and close to all the sights of Ronda. Yes, it is a basic, no frills hotel, but it is excellent value, and more than adequate to provide a safe and comfortable stay. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2010

There was a convention in town when we arrived, so all the nice places were booked. The very nice lady at hotel Ronda (which I really wished we had stayed at) called everywhere for us! This was the only place and I can see why. Rooms are muggy, service at the front is cold and unfriendly.
It was pouring rain out and when I asked to borrow an umbrella to get the luggage from the car she said no!
Bad place, stay elsewhere!

Reviewed 16 July 2009

My room had A/C, TV, private bath, phone, lift to the 3rd floor and plenty of space. As a budget solo traveler this was barely more than I would pay in a shared dorm-style hostel. The only downside to the rooms is that they don't have exterior windows, but they do have windows that open into an interior courtyard, so you don't feel like you are in a cave or anything! The location is a very short walk from the train station, it is quiet and only a few blocks to all the Ronda sights.

To clarify directions: Exit the bus station through the main doors onto the roundabout and turn right down Calle San Jose. There is a sign for the hotel that indicates you go to the left but that is only for cars who have to follow the one-way streets. Down Calle San Jose, your first left is Calle Sevilla and the hotel is on the right.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank cgrabyan
Reviewed 20 May 2009

The hotel is in a good location (very close to main bus station and railway station), but still very quiet. Restaurants and supermarkets are nearby. The hotel and the room are super clean and the decor of the room is very simple but cozy. Room size is also great. Staff at reception is also very helpful and speaks good English. Good value for money!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Forestee
Reviewed 22 February 2009

My wife and I stayed for one night. We walked here from the train station and left Ronda from the bus station. Both are very walkable. Not in a 'hot spot,' but we walked to all the best parts of Ronda from here and it was great. The room was the biggest of many places we stayed in Spain and it was extremely clean. Like another review, the air conditioner/heater was very loud, but just let it run for a few minutes and it quiets down. The price was the cheapest of similar places in Seville and Granada. Perfect for couples on a budget, but still wanting something nice! Best place of our tour through Andalusia. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple