Open today: 12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Review Highlights
An Exhilarating Experience

I decided to go to Alaska last minute for a solo birthday trip and my experience with the Last... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Tina T
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Best Activity on our trip!

This was the highlight of our trip to Fairbanks ( except for the Northern Lights) We were waiting... read more

Reviewed October 16, 2018
SP1012
Chicago, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews an adventure dog sled ride luther teams mushed gear harnessing route wilderness yurt winter kennel river stories snow dogs trail
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This experience by FAR blew me away and all of my expectations out of the water!!! First of all, Last Frontier Mushing Co-Op is probably on some of the prettiest land in Alaska! You drive up and are instantly greeted by the happy barking of the racing huskies! Amanda and Matt are so so friendly and make you feel right at home in their piece of Alaskan paradise! Truly genuine, welcoming people!!! After chatting for a few minutes, we got to meet the dogs and Matt told us all about the different dogs. We then got to harness them and place them on the line! Then, we went for the ride of a lifetime! I hadn’t been mushing before but the friend I was with had been and said this ride was way longer than the ride she’d been on before! Matt had won the Yukon Quest last year and placed second this year and raced his first Iditarod as well, so he had lots of stories and information about the racing life and his life as a kennel owner in general! The ride he took us on was absolutely breathtaking and something I’ll never forget!!! We stopped about halfway through and got to take some pictures with the dogs and let them roll around in the snow! I am so thankful for this experience! Matt and Amanda have the coolest life and are so open to sharing a piece of it with you—you will not regret for one second booking with them! Amanda even got some shots of us getting the dogs ready and of us when we were out on our ride and sent them to us in a follow-up email!!! They are off the grid but the email they send with directions off of Chena Springs Road and the signage they have leading to their property made it super easy to find! Thanks for an amazing adventure!!!!! If I am ever back in Fairbanks I will definitely be back to you!!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

My mother came up from Florida to visit and Ryne made absolutely sure she was bundled enough and ready for adventure. Ryne was an outstanding guide on our 2 hour Chena Mush. She explained everything about the sport all while driving us all over the place seeing the awesome beauty of the area. I cannot day enough good things about our experience!

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

The tour ran a little less than 2 hours, and we booked it literally the day of according to Rod’s recommendation, so I think the owners gave us a private tour at a time that’s generally after their business hours. All four of us really like dogs, and we definitely enjoyed the ride as well as the opportunity for interaction with the dogs (including hooking them onto the sled). The weather was wonderful, though a little cold, but we couldn’t have been happier with this tour!

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

We had an excellent tour with Ryne and Liz mushing us on sled dog tours with an active aurora in the sky. The whole team with Last Frontier was excellent, a really great experience. Luther took some great photos for us too. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed March 20, 2018

We just got back from an overnight dog sled trip with Ryne and Liz. We had SO much fun! Ryne and Liz were wonderful hosts and so easy and fun to hang out with. We rode in the sleds for about 45 minutes up to a yurt on a hill with a beautiful view. We spent the night, ate the most delicious snacks, and enjoyed the dogs company (especially Stormy!).

I encourage everyone to book a trip with Last Frontier Mushing Co-op! It was so much fun and something that I will remember for the rest of my life!