“Fabulous food, great service, fair prices”

Marisqueria Atlantica de Isla Verde
Ranked #16 of 44 Restaurants in Isla Verde
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2016

My companion and I stumbled on this place while on an exploratory walk from our guest house nearby. It didn't look like much from the outside but then everything changed once we were inside. We started in the delightful bar with some cocktails and a delicious mixed ceviche. The lime flavor was sharp and tangy and the seafood couldn't be fresher since it came out of their fresh fish market in the same building. A small outdoor garden with a waterfall feature was visible through a glass wall at one end of the bar. Then we moved to the main dining room where, among other items, we enjoyed a broiled salmon filet stuffed with crab meat. The salmon was cooked to perfection, not dried out....hard to do with a stuffing that cooks at a different rate than its host.
The service was extremely attentive, ensuring that our water glasses were refilled, bread and butter resupplied, salad plates and cutlery cleared, etc. Delightful instrumental background music played during our meal at a level which did not interfere with conversation. Atlantica offers an adequate selection of wine by the glass at a reasonable price.
I think we were the only non-locals in the place which made it even more enjoyable.

1  Thank David P

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

My favorite seafood restaurant for family, friends and business associates.
Also conviniently located 10 min. drive from the International Airport and mayor hotel chains.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

My family and I went to spend Mother's Day together. We ordered the seafood paella to share. The portion was great, the price was reasonable for the portion and the food was also great. Now we order it carry out so no mom in my family has to cook on our special day.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely evening eating fish! The power went out in the middle of dinner and we sat in darkness for some time. No on freaked out and the power came back on. Bonus. Resume eating fish.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

My hubby and I came here on a recommendation from the concierge at our hotel. We were looking for raw oysters and this place was one of the only one's that had them. I'm so glad we came.

The service was great from the moment we walked in and the staff was very attentive. Drinks were really good. Now, the food was excellent. We had the oysters as an appetizer and they were plump and fresh. My hubby had the crab stuffed salmon which he thoroughly enjoyed and I had the snapper which was amazing. It was seasoned perfectly and cooked to perfection. We will definitely be stopping by this place again before we leave San Juan.

1  Thank LeonaBlack