“Loved our stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I booked a room at Embassy Suites in San Juan as a place to stay for one night when my family and I returned from a Southern caribbean cruise. We arrived at hotel around 9 am, they kept our bags for us until our room was ready. We were pleasanty surprised with the appearance of the lobby! It is a great place for families with children. My children spent a lot of time at the beautiful resort like pool. The only thing that could of made it better would be a slide. In the lobby there were well mannered vendors, not the pesky kind. My daughter I enjoyed some shopping and got last minute gifts for friends and family. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was perfect for us. My 2 boys stayed in the living area and my daughter I took the bedroom. We all shared a decent sized bathroom. We went to the managers reception. We would rate it fair, the chips were stale and the pop was flat. The breakfast was substandard. My kids didn't eat their waffles because they were hard and cold. The airport is a short drive from the hotel and about $25 with bags and tip. Overall, it was a nice place to stay for a night. If the breakfast improved I would probably return for a longer stay. As I do plan on returning to Puerto Rico, I want to experience more of it and I find the people there to be lovely.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I was on egg shells about traveling to a new hotel with the husband and 16 year old who are homebodies. I was pleasantly surprised with the made to order breakfast for my husband and persnickety teenager. My husband enjoyed staying at the hotel and could smoke his aromatic cigars outside while my daughter and I went sightseeing on our own. Buses and cabs close by to explore. Beach is 10 minutes away. We had the Suite/Wheels deal which worked out well but the hotel charges $16.00 plus tax to keep the car at the hotel. I think next time we won't rent a car. The manager's special with free drinks made my husband as happy as a pig in mud. Overall I think it was a good deal for the price and is a good value. Stayed 4/10-4/15 Adios, Ada

Room Tip: I would ask for the higher level room 6 to 7 because of the noise on the lower levels at night. I s...
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed at Embassy Suites in San Juan from April 6-9, 2012. We arrived at 2:30am in San Juan airport and swore we would have been stranded. A pleasant surprise to find out that there were lots of van taxis right outside baggage claim. The taxi ride to the hotel is approximately 5 mins. and a $15 flat rate plus $1 per bag. The hotel exterior is very grand, so is the lobby and courtyard with all the ponds and plants. We had a seamless check in and the front desk staff is very helpful and professional. Our suite can accommodate 6 people comfortably and the rooms look exactly like they do online. Pool area is very nice and pool bar cocktails were excellent. We loved the complimentary hot breakfast every morning and manager's reception was also a nice touch. I HIGHLY recommend the tours from Dragonfly Adventures at the concierge desk because their excursions are more than worth it with professional employees such as Bianca. She was the BEST and very knowledgeable of San Juan and recommended restaurants, nightlife activities and even had our names added to the list at BRAVE nightclub for my birthday which was great. I will definitely be back to this hotel on my next visit to San Juan, but this time with a larger group.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors member, ask for your designated floor or if a non-member ask for a high f...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This is my 2nd time back to the Embassy Suites and we had a great time! Its the Embassy Suites so I dont have high end expecations. Its great for kids and families. The pool was great for my kids and the breakfast was standard, but it was fine. I am not very picky when it comes to food, so what they had fulfilled me. The beach is about a 5 minute walk which is great and they even have chairs and towels awaiting for you!

Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is our second time at this hotel and we will go back next Spring. The hotel is very close to the airport, walking distance to the beach, walking distance to many fast food places. The hotel and casino are clean and well organized. The employees are polite and professional. We even had a chance to deal with the manager Irene -who are great. Oh almost forgot-the breakfast is a real breakfast and its free.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel on two separate nights, one on our way to Dominica and one on our return home from Dominica. It was a last minute booking so I was happy to find a hotel so close to the airport that still had availability during Spring Break.
We did not choose this hotel for the ammenities because we fly in late and left early each time; however, I did catch a glimpse of the pool and it looked large and nice.
Check in was not great. The first time was quick but we arrived at 10:45 in the evening, the second time through was a lot longer wait at we were checking in around 5:00pm.
My husband and I had drinks in the lobby bar and service was fine. Our family had dinner at the Outback on our returning trip and service and dinner was fine also. A band was playing in the casino area but we were located on the 3rd floor across the building and we did not hear the noise in our room.
Our rooms were clean both times and the beds were comfortable. We were a little disappointed that they did not have two queen beds in the suites, only doubles, so our boys used the sofa bed and those things are never comfortable. The free breakfast was very nice, although on the weekend it doesn't start until 7:00 am and we had to leave prior to that to catch our flight.
Our taxi ride to the airport was about 7 minutes and cost us $18 plus a tip for four of us. Over all, this hotel is a great place to stay if you just need a quick stop over. Because that is all we used it for, I do not feel like I care fairly comment on the pool and other facilities the hotel offers.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor across from the casino side and we did not have trouble with noise.
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Our extended family of nine spent the last night of our Puerto Rico vacation at the Embassy Suites San Juan Hotel & Casino. We chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the airport. The rooms were very clean and exactly what you would expect from an Embassy Suites Hotel. The hotel was in walking distance to the beach but you did have to walk a few short blocks to get to the beach. We enjoyed the happy hour but didn't enjoy the very long lines waiting to order the drinks. It was extremely crowded. We arrived earlier than the check-in time due to the fact that we were driving from Rincon. Of course our rooms were not ready. We left our luggage in the cars and went to the beach. This is the fourth property I've stayed at in San Juan. I would return for a one-night stay only. I've stayed at other properties that are actually on the beach and just a little bit more money but if you're a hard-core beach person like me, it's definitely worth the extra money to stay on the beach. There were also a lot of kids here! We didn't use the pool or have the complimentary breakfast. Since a lot of travelers stay here due to its proximity to the airport, I recommend that they serve the breakfast beginning at 5:30 am instead of the 7:00 am! Every staff member any of us came in contact with was very, very nice and tried their best to help.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better and the further from the elevators, the better!
1  Thank GinnyAlamo
Caribe Hilton San Juan
#18 of 47 in San Juan
5.4 km away
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!