All reviews premium room modern hotel old san juan carolina beach small room burger king close to the airport walking distance pool area beach towels nice pool partial ocean view fast food cruise ship lobby elevator uber
Reviewed October 2, 2018

This hotel is directly across from the ocean, and within walking distance to restaurants, and pharmacies ( alcohol purchases!) We ate breakfast at a fast food place next door. The power went out after we got our food, but we weren't able to get coffee. Employees were sent home, and place closed. Poor San Juan!

Stayed: March 2018
Yariann A, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to know you enjoyed our location, footsteps from the beach! We are sorry to hear about your experience at the nearby fast food, however, our hotel is fully equipped with a generator in order to provide our guest with everything they need to make their experience a memorable one.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Since I walk in Abel Perez welcome me with a big smile and the best brunch experience with the Bartender Josè Pacheco. He makes me a awesome old fashion. Personally been in many brunch places like: Abracadabra, Choco bar Cortez, Bistro, Blonda among the others and definitely this was the best place. Tasty food, good mimosas, safe and happy place. So good that right after brunch I ask for a room and once again Abel go beyond my expectation. He make everything for me in front desk I just stand the table to pay the room, he make the rest before I end my brunch. Personally been in the industry for 6 years now working as a mixologist and never have such amazing service as this one. Thanks for make me feel important, I will be back.

Stayed: July 2018

We are thrilled to learn about your experience! Our goal is to make every guest's experience a memorable one and we are very happy to know Abel and José made this possible. We will definitely let them know what a great work they've done. We look forward to welcome you back at Emigrante and our hotel!

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Very nice looking remodel Hotel ... perfect for relax for a few days with your spouse maybe too small for a family vacation ... close to the airport, beach, restaurants and more ... about 10 minutes to the old San Juan

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you Edwin! We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay at TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde.

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

TRYP is top notch! Cute and quaint, right by the beach. The ambiance in the lobby sets the tone for your stay. The customer service at check-in was AMAZING (we received a complimentary room upgrade). The room service was extremely friendly and quick. The pool is super relaxing, we sunbathed every day and it was very sleek and quantrill. We dined at both hotel restaurants and both were fantastic and delicious! The service at the restaurants was amazing as well, Jose at Emigrante is the man! The desserts and drink specials at Faccios were excellent too! Thanks so much and we will definitely be back again!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde during your recent stay! It pleases us to know you had such a great experience during your stay and that our customer service met your expectations. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Check in: Upon our arrival we were told we needed to pay additional for parking. Which the price was not to bad 8 dollars a day. We should have been told upfront. -
Upon checking in our room was very small. Very dim / lighting is horrible. Also for us ladies, if you wanna get dolled up. You will need to either utilize the bathroom sink mirror or a long wall mirror that’s badly cleaned.
Cleaning: I believe the cleaning crew might be overworked as we left for an excursion at 7 am to return to our room at 4 and the lady was still cleaning our room.
I had 2 children with me and my husband and I. Well we were given 3 towels.
The beds were made beautifully. That I can say.
Pool- it’s ok. But like the picture just not too clean. Also towels are not provided outside. So if you need to leave the pool area - be ready to run and freeze!!!
Elevator - very wet!!! Be aware also if you have kids. / it’s not kid friendly drinks everywhere snd weed smokers. Long story!
No refrigerator so can’t but anything cold. !! There are vending machines

The entrance is immaculate so don’t let his place fool ya!

1  Thank Daydream684516

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please accept our apologies regarding the inconveniences you experienced while at our property. I will definitely share your comments with our housekeeping team in order to improve future guests experiences. If you decide to give us another opportunity in the future, you may ask for more towels and we'll provide them to you. Refrigerators are available upon request and pool or beach towels are available at the front desk.