All reviews el san juan meat market ocean villa pool area pool party club brava rooms are beautiful diamond member amazing vacation major renovation pool service wonderful stay great music fitness center main lobby great room beautiful resort
Reviewed October 8, 2017

I loved my stay here! From the very beginning - the bellmen at the front, to the opulent dark wood decor at reception, to the lovely guy at the reception desk, it felt warm and welcoming. I really liked the very large room and the bed was very comfortable. I did find the bathroom way too small for such a nice room and there was no coffee maker in the room. My checkout experience was efficient but a bit cold. Altogether, I would say that the good far outweighed the bad and I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Yvonne R, Guest Relations Manager at El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

We love that 'YOU LOVED' your stay with us. You hit it on the spot - we want guest to feel warm and welcomed - 'home away from home'. I have shared your constructive comments on the not so 'warm' items with management.

We will definitely be looking forward to your return to the property and see how much more there is to experience on our island an at the El San Juan.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

I had a wonderful experience here! Invited on a trip with a special friend, had a great time in San Juan. The hotel was completing their renovation, but it was simply beautiful. The pool areas, the breakfast, the rooms, and the room service excellent! Upon check in was until check out - a really commendable experience! I know it will take some time...after the Hurricane, Hoping that things get back to better there!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa A

So glad to read that you had a great time in San Juan and that the property was part of that experience.

Hotel is hard at work so as to get the property back to its original splendor and have you and that 'special friend' return for even more great memories.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Stayed there with friends for 2 nights. Check in regular with no special care considering the silver level. The room was ok but the communicating door is a disaster since you hear everything from the other room, not good if you want to rest. Breakfast not up to standard, waiters forgot the egg orders. Lack of minimum standard, one day you get the menu the other day you don't. The pool/beach service is ridiculous, no one was available for a drink at 6pm. Had to go to the pool bar and get it myself...with a surcharge for service! Which service? Self service? Please learn how to serve client. Would not return. Not worth it.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Let me begin by thanking you for your review. Although there are quite a few items that we will be needing to address and correct, if guest like yourselves do not take the time to point them out to us there is no way to improve.
With that said we do hope that in the future you do have a change of heart and try another stay with us. We take great pride in what we do on this property and I assure you we will be addressing the issues mentioned and show you that we do know how to service our clients

Reviewed September 20, 2017

This hotel has bed bugs i had to go to the hospital because of it i would nevwr stay at this location again. Then upon check in the clerk didnt tell me all i was paying he just took my card and swiped it

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
10  Thank Rocquell C
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I was attending a Gala and decided to stay at the hotel, I really made the best decision. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the pool area is amazing and the restaurant's 5 stars definitively!! Great service, great food, great rooms, I will definitely be back!!!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Yvonne R, Guest Relations Manager at El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

....and we will definitely be awaiting your return. There is so much more for you to experience on the property so once we have reopened our doors we hope you visit and explore a world of possibilities for your enjoyment.