All reviews el san juan meat market ocean villa pool party club brava gorgeous lobby gold member exceptional staff amazing vacation great music pool service wonderful stay major renovation pool area corner room fitness center small bathroom
Reviewed October 16, 2017

we stayed at the el san juan for five nights our last night was one day before hurricane Maria hit the island yet the employees were so concerned that we would be able to make our flight out even while they faced uncertainty with a monster storm heading their way. The staff never once complained about what they were facing and instead tried to be positive and tell us that they would be ok. The staff here is without reproach and I pray that they and their families are safe. I pray that Puerto Rico will be stronger than before and I will never forget how wonderful your staff and your property is beautiful . I will be back as I know that Puerto Rico will rise once more!

Room Tip: room 737 has a great view of pool and ocean
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank thaddues63
Yvonne R, Guest Relations Manager at El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

thaddues63

Thank you for your review and your prayers. Your comments show clearly that our staff love what they do and are proud of the El San Juan and it shows everyday no matter what the situation may be....

We are working hard to ensure that the property is at its best and look forward to your visit to show you once more, the love the staff has for the property and our extended family members.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

I loved my stay here! From the very beginning - the bellmen at the front, to the opulent dark wood decor at reception, to the lovely guy at the reception desk, it felt warm and welcoming. I really liked the very large room and the bed was very comfortable. I did find the bathroom way too small for such a nice room and there was no coffee maker in the room. My checkout experience was efficient but a bit cold. Altogether, I would say that the good far outweighed the bad and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

We love that 'YOU LOVED' your stay with us. You hit it on the spot - we want guest to feel warm and welcomed - 'home away from home'. I have shared your constructive comments on the not so 'warm' items with management.

We will definitely be looking forward to your return to the property and see how much more there is to experience on our island an at the El San Juan.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

I had a wonderful experience here! Invited on a trip with a special friend, had a great time in San Juan. The hotel was completing their renovation, but it was simply beautiful. The pool areas, the breakfast, the rooms, and the room service excellent! Upon check in was until check out - a really commendable experience! I know it will take some time...after the Hurricane, Hoping that things get back to better there!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa A

So glad to read that you had a great time in San Juan and that the property was part of that experience.

Hotel is hard at work so as to get the property back to its original splendor and have you and that 'special friend' return for even more great memories.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Stayed there with friends for 2 nights. Check in regular with no special care considering the silver level. The room was ok but the communicating door is a disaster since you hear everything from the other room, not good if you want to rest. Breakfast not up to standard, waiters forgot the egg orders. Lack of minimum standard, one day you get the menu the other day you don't. The pool/beach service is ridiculous, no one was available for a drink at 6pm. Had to go to the pool bar and get it myself...with a surcharge for service! Which service? Self service? Please learn how to serve client. Would not return. Not worth it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Let me begin by thanking you for your review. Although there are quite a few items that we will be needing to address and correct, if guest like yourselves do not take the time to point them out to us there is no way to improve.
With that said we do hope that in the future you do have a change of heart and try another stay with us. We take great pride in what we do on this property and I assure you we will be addressing the issues mentioned and show you that we do know how to service our clients

Reviewed September 20, 2017

This hotel has bed bugs i had to go to the hospital because of it i would nevwr stay at this location again. Then upon check in the clerk didnt tell me all i was paying he just took my card and swiped it

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple