Verdanza Hotel
ESJ Azul(Isla Verde)
US$203
US$189
  • Pool
Coral by the Sea(Isla Verde)
US$101
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
US$289
  • Pool
Villa Verde Inn(Isla Verde)
US$87
1,624 results
All reviewsburger bareighty bistropuerto ricoold san juanwine barpool areawalking distancetwo blocksshort walk to the beachfast foodcoffee makerclose to the airportnice poolisla verde beachlobbysauleighty20
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I went to report a non working iron at the front desk and by the time I returned to the room it had been changed. The pool was kept clean and the bars were great. You could also walk to a lot of stores and shops in Isla Verde and you were close to the highway and the airport. Hats off to the Verdanza..!!!!

Room Tip: Corner room are very sunny on the northeast side, especially the higher rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
LorenaJOrtiz, Public Relations Manager at Verdanza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Arnaldo C, your kind comments are music to our ears! We work hard to make our guests feel at home at Verdanza and I am happy to learn that not only your overall experience was so positive, but that your service request was handled promptly and to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We decided to stay at this hotel post cruise. Upon arrival the lobby was clean and the staff seemed nice. We registered and got a room over looking the pool, which by the way it took us 20 minutes to find this room and we had to drag our luggage up the stairs because the elevator did not run in the outside rooms over looking pool.

When we got to the room after 20 mins. of looking our keys did not work and a housekeeper opened the door for us, we then went to the front desk and got new keys but it took 10 mins. every time we had returned to the room to open, so I guess it was a lock problem.

The room was terrible, it was so humid in the room that our clothes in our luggage were wet. The tv had about 5 of the same channels that were on 10 stations...(the same channel's), the TV also was not watchable not only for poor channels but it had static lines constantly and the channels changed sometimes on it's own.

We stayed two nights Feb 25th and 26th, 2012. Upon checking out to go to the airport I had prepaid my room with expedia and went to the front desk to give my keys and had to wait 30 minutes because there were people lined up to complain about there keys not working and tv problems. Finally it was my turn and the guy at the front desk gave me a receipt and wanted me to sign it. I looked it over which normally I don't but this had been such a nightmare I guess I felt something was up.

The hotel charged us for a movie, named (IMMORTAL COMBAT), or something like that! I told the guy first off we did not watch tv because it had only about 5 channels 10 times each and the tv had so much static you could not view it, Secondly my husband is 57 and I am 43 we do not even know what that movie is and have never ordered a movie in our life. He told me he was not removing the charge and I told him I was not signing that paper with the charge. I asked for a manager and he went into the back and said I had to pay for it. I then asked for a manager to come up front and he said that I would have to wait because one she was not there yet.

We moved aside and the very next person in line complained that her tv was changing channels itself and had bad static and her key did not work...(same problem's that we had). We waited for two hours and finally after three other customers were upset for us they said that they were not leaving until a manager came. I guess now I had a line of people that had problems and felt sorry that we were being done wrong.

This rude clerk called the manager and spoke in Spanish which I do not speak, but anyways I am not sure what was said but finally they removed this charge. It only took 2 1/2 hours!

We left that day and when we got to Omaha, NE I had a 104 degree temp. and had to be admitted to the hospital with a Viral Respitory Infection. I was told that because that room had been so humid and not very clean that a virus can spread easily in that enviroment. It took me 2 weeks to recover from this.

I can't say for sure I got that virus from the hotel but I am almost 100% sure of it.

I was shocked at how many people were in the lobby complaining the morning we checked out, so my advice to Anyone thinking of saving a few bucks by staying here please be advised it will cost you more in the long haul. There are so many other choices include vrbo condo's that you can stay in or other hotels, which by the way embassy suites was our pre cruise hotel and it was wonderful and not that much more.

If you value your health, and your wallet along with your piece of mind of non complications DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shirley w
LorenaJOrtiz, Public Relations Manager at Verdanza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

shirley w, I am sorry to learn that your stay did not meet your expectations. However, please note that problems with the tv's have never been an issue at Verdanza, where guests also enjoy an extensive premium channel lineup with a wide variety of network and cable options. From your note referring to other guests experiencing the same problem, I would venture that it was a temporary situation. Regarding the charge for a movie you had not seen (another sign that there must have been a malfunction of some sort), although I'm happy to learn that it was eventually resolved to your satisfaction, the incident is being addressed to ensure in the future it is handled properly and with the degree of friendly and efficient hospitality that our team is known for. Please accept our sincere apologies for these inconveniences. We do hope to have the change to impress you favorably next time your travels bring you to San Juan. All the best,

Reviewed March 24, 2012

this was our 3rd time visiting the verdanza hotel. the owners, and staff are the best. they always make you feel special. We are looking forward to our 4th visit in march 2013. the rest. are all very good. the location is very close to everyting. we would never stay anywere else!

Room Tip: pool side rooms are great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

boonan, you are already a member of the Verdanza family! To hear from valued guests who return to Verdanza time after time is incredibly rewarding and I am sharing your kind words with our team. Do let us know when in advance when you have dates for your vacation in Verdanza next March so we can welcome you properly. In the meantime, be well!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Verdanza Hotel, and our experience with hotel staff was very professional and friendly. They answered our questions in a knowledgeable and patient way. The hotel is pretty and well maintained. We made requests for blankets, extra pillows and housekeeping responded rather quickly. Didn't dine on premises, but had coffee at coffee shop, and it was delicious. The owners of coffee shops are certified Baristas and also very friendly.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are the way to go!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nidia L

Nidia L, it sounds like your time at Verdanza was enjoyable and we appreciate your taking the time to share the experience. It is particularly rewarding to learn that your requests were handled diligently and to your satisfaction, as service is paramount to our commitment to making guests feel at home at Verdanza. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

we stayed one night post-cruise and were very satisfied with the room and the service. staff was very accomodating and our room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

jeff r, I'm happy to learn that your brief stay at Verdanza impressed you favorably. We do hope you have the opportunity to visit us for a longer stay and enjoy everything our hotel and our island have to offer! Best,