“50th Anniversary family trip”
Review of Verdanza Hotel

Verdanza Hotel
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Our stay at the Verdanza was quite memorable. We were among many that had a cruise canceled at the last minute. The hotel and staff were very accommodating being fully booked. Our breakfasts every morning were amazing, a special thank you to our waitress with the dimples, sorry I can't remember her name. We spent the entire week of March 25th there and enjoyed our stay considering it was not our original vacation plan. I would reccommend the Verdanza to anyone planning a visit to Puerto Rico.

Room Tip: with a pool view and a balcony would be a good choice
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom_in_Manty
LorenaJOrtiz, Public Relations Manager at Verdanza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Tom_in_Manty, we are genuinely glad you loved your time at Verdanza, especially since it was as a result of an unexpected change of plans! It was our pleasure to have been able to offer you a memorable experience on your family vacation. Hope to welcome you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,619)

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at the Verdanza on my business trip this month and I was very pleased. The front desk staff were very pleasant and accommodating. There was a nice variety of eateries on site and within walking distance, which is a plus.The hotel is conveniently close to the highway and airport which was a blessing, not a curse. We did not hear the airport traffic at all. We stayed in the main hotel building with the rooms with the double beds. The other building, with no elevators, has the King beds. The rooms were clean and a nice size. the bathroom, however, is a bit cramped, but it wasn't a problem. All in all, I enjoyed my stay and I will return.

Room Tip: Pick a room with the double beds to be in the main building. We were on the 6th floor and had a part...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Margaret Gomez H

Margaret Gomez H, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Verdanza. We are a preferred choice for many business travelers due to the hotel's location, as well as amenities such as free wifi, and the diverse dining options available to them at the end of a long work day. If your business travels bring you to San Juan regularly, be sure to ask about our Corporate Program which offers our business guests added values specific to their needs. See you in soon; in the meantime, all the best!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My stay at the Verdanza more than made up for the rainy days last week in Puerto Rico. The hotel staff and the staff of the Dollar car rental were great - they made me feel right at home from the moment I entered the property. My third floor room had a private balcony, which was just what I wanted, so I could enjoy some fresh air - in between the rain! From the immigration officer to the bank clerk, to the staff at the Museo del Arte, my overall impression of the citizens of PR is their strong pride in their country, and their generous hospitality. I was very pleased with my Puerto Rico stay.

Room Tip: balcony third floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank artstung

artstung, many thanks for your kind words! It is truly rewarding to hear about your positive experience from the very moment you arrived in Puerto Rico and during your stay at Verdanza. We look forward to being your home away from next time you visit our island - hopefully without rain!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I went to report a non working iron at the front desk and by the time I returned to the room it had been changed. The pool was kept clean and the bars were great. You could also walk to a lot of stores and shops in Isla Verde and you were close to the highway and the airport. Hats off to the Verdanza..!!!!

Room Tip: Corner room are very sunny on the northeast side, especially the higher rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Arnaldo C, your kind comments are music to our ears! We work hard to make our guests feel at home at Verdanza and I am happy to learn that not only your overall experience was so positive, but that your service request was handled promptly and to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

We decided to stay at this hotel post cruise. Upon arrival the lobby was clean and the staff seemed nice. We registered and got a room over looking the pool, which by the way it took us 20 minutes to find this room and we had to drag our luggage up the stairs because the elevator did not run in the outside rooms over looking pool.

When we got to the room after 20 mins. of looking our keys did not work and a housekeeper opened the door for us, we then went to the front desk and got new keys but it took 10 mins. every time we had returned to the room to open, so I guess it was a lock problem.

The room was terrible, it was so humid in the room that our clothes in our luggage were wet. The tv had about 5 of the same channels that were on 10 stations...(the same channel's), the TV also was not watchable not only for poor channels but it had static lines constantly and the channels changed sometimes on it's own.

We stayed two nights Feb 25th and 26th, 2012. Upon checking out to go to the airport I had prepaid my room with expedia and went to the front desk to give my keys and had to wait 30 minutes because there were people lined up to complain about there keys not working and tv problems. Finally it was my turn and the guy at the front desk gave me a receipt and wanted me to sign it. I looked it over which normally I don't but this had been such a nightmare I guess I felt something was up.

The hotel charged us for a movie, named (IMMORTAL COMBAT), or something like that! I told the guy first off we did not watch tv because it had only about 5 channels 10 times each and the tv had so much static you could not view it, Secondly my husband is 57 and I am 43 we do not even know what that movie is and have never ordered a movie in our life. He told me he was not removing the charge and I told him I was not signing that paper with the charge. I asked for a manager and he went into the back and said I had to pay for it. I then asked for a manager to come up front and he said that I would have to wait because one she was not there yet.

We moved aside and the very next person in line complained that her tv was changing channels itself and had bad static and her key did not work...(same problem's that we had). We waited for two hours and finally after three other customers were upset for us they said that they were not leaving until a manager came. I guess now I had a line of people that had problems and felt sorry that we were being done wrong.

This rude clerk called the manager and spoke in Spanish which I do not speak, but anyways I am not sure what was said but finally they removed this charge. It only took 2 1/2 hours!

We left that day and when we got to Omaha, NE I had a 104 degree temp. and had to be admitted to the hospital with a Viral Respitory Infection. I was told that because that room had been so humid and not very clean that a virus can spread easily in that enviroment. It took me 2 weeks to recover from this.

I can't say for sure I got that virus from the hotel but I am almost 100% sure of it.

I was shocked at how many people were in the lobby complaining the morning we checked out, so my advice to Anyone thinking of saving a few bucks by staying here please be advised it will cost you more in the long haul. There are so many other choices include vrbo condo's that you can stay in or other hotels, which by the way embassy suites was our pre cruise hotel and it was wonderful and not that much more.

If you value your health, and your wallet along with your piece of mind of non complications DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shirley w
LorenaJOrtiz, Public Relations Manager at Verdanza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

shirley w, I am sorry to learn that your stay did not meet your expectations. However, please note that problems with the tv's have never been an issue at Verdanza, where guests also enjoy an extensive premium channel lineup with a wide variety of network and cable options. From your note referring to other guests experiencing the same problem, I would venture that it was a temporary situation. Regarding the charge for a movie you had not seen (another sign that there must have been a malfunction of some sort), although I'm happy to learn that it was eventually resolved to your satisfaction, the incident is being addressed to ensure in the future it is handled properly and with the degree of friendly and efficient hospitality that our team is known for. Please accept our sincere apologies for these inconveniences. We do hope to have the change to impress you favorably next time your travels bring you to San Juan. All the best,

Reviewed 24 March 2012

this was our 3rd time visiting the verdanza hotel. the owners, and staff are the best. they always make you feel special. We are looking forward to our 4th visit in march 2013. the rest. are all very good. the location is very close to everyting. we would never stay anywere else!

Room Tip: pool side rooms are great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

boonan, you are already a member of the Verdanza family! To hear from valued guests who return to Verdanza time after time is incredibly rewarding and I am sharing your kind words with our team. Do let us know when in advance when you have dates for your vacation in Verdanza next March so we can welcome you properly. In the meantime, be well!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

My family and I stayed at the Verdanza Hotel, and our experience with hotel staff was very professional and friendly. They answered our questions in a knowledgeable and patient way. The hotel is pretty and well maintained. We made requests for blankets, extra pillows and housekeeping responded rather quickly. Didn't dine on premises, but had coffee at coffee shop, and it was delicious. The owners of coffee shops are certified Baristas and also very friendly.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are the way to go!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nidia L

Nidia L, it sounds like your time at Verdanza was enjoyable and we appreciate your taking the time to share the experience. It is particularly rewarding to learn that your requests were handled diligently and to your satisfaction, as service is paramount to our commitment to making guests feel at home at Verdanza. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Verde
0.5 km away
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
27.7 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino

Been to Verdanza Hotel? Share your experiences!