“One-of-a-kind dining experience”

Price range: US$20 - US$53
Cuisines: American, Asian, International, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual Dining | Events | Take home | Catering After traveling and cooking on three continents for the past 28 years, and having been a resident of the west end for the past 10 years Chef Blackie is thrilled to welcome you to NeXT. Located in Stittsville, NeXT is all about casual neighborhood dining. No matter the occasion our facility boasts four original ways for you to enjoy friends and family set in a amazing contemporary setting. Our primary feature NEXT, Casual dining, features an 80-seat dining room, and a swank bar. Additionally we have a grand event room that can host any occasion; be it a wedding or a “all day business meeting”. We are here to exceed your expectations! Thinking of hosting an event in your home or business? We possess the drive, talent and passion to deliver, no matter your location. Finally what would neighborhood dining be like if we couldn’t have you stop by on the way home and take-home anything on the menu. Always available when we are open, surprise your family with creative casual cuisine, with a Blackie twist. Forever evolving we can’t wait to show you what’s in store NeXT.
Reviewed 15 April 2017

I've been here twice and did the blind tasting both times. The way the food is prepared, presented and explained is an absolute must for a foodie to experience. The laid-back focus on taking the time to enjoy the experience is nice. The concept is about good food, shared and enjoyed. The 'boards' are a fun way to mix rustic and modern. The price is unbelievable for the value of what you get. Both times we left STUFFED. The only negative is that most of the items in the tasting were the same both times and the visits were over a month apart. I would have expected more of the dishes to be different. The is plenty of free parking, and the restaurant is accessible. The server was a riot - super knowledgeable, a real pro, and fun. I got an email after the dinner, about the opportunities to share my experience online, if it was positive, but more importantly stating that if there was a problem, to contact the Chef. I thought that was classy. The bread is to die for!

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

The food presentation and palate was excellent. Our server Barb was knowledgeable, friendly and helped create a great evening out. But what's even more impressive is she called me the next day (after figuring out how to get me) to return an over abundant tip when two hundred dollars bills stuck together. Next is a fabulous establishment which proves that the people who work there help make it great.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch last Friday. Service was great - helpful and friendly. There were 4 of us and we chose 7 dishes for sharing from the lunch offerings. This was more than enough food and each dish was very tasty and interesting. Lunch dishes are only $9 each so it was very reasonably priced. We will return and recommend it highly.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This restaurant is beautiful and the staff are friendly and very knowledgeable with regard to the food and wines. Our group of nine had the Blind Menu which consisted of many dishes from salad to desserts. Each dish was unique and beautifully presented. It was fun to try dishes we had never had before. All in all, a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

First I will begin to say that the food was very delicious and the owner/chef was very kind. He came over several times to chat and interact with the us during our meal. I wish I could say the same about our waitress.

The waitress was pleasant at the beginning, however, her tone quickly seemed to change when she discovered we would not be doing the blind sharing meal which she had originally suggested. She seemed annoyed at this. I didn't appreciate her rudeness. My friend asked about the what the portion sizes were like her response was condescending, as if she should already know and that it was a ridiculous question. I was not expecting that at all. We were quite taken aback. She seemed annoyed that two people in my party only ordered appetizers to share. She said, it's basically just bread, all carbs no meat. You aren't ordering a main. It was very intense and very unpleasant.

2  Thank Elena V