“Large servings, reasonable prices, and very good service.”
Review of Mojo Smokehouse

Mojo Smokehouse
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 22 February 2015

Mojo has several locations in the Jacksonville area, and a friend and I stopped at this one for lunch on a Saturday. Lots of country music posters and other decorations on the wall, the restaurant is clean and the service was very good. I had the pulled pork plate with black-eyed peas and creamy cole slaw, and my friend had what they call North Carolina pork. Mine was very good, although the peas were pretty mushy for the most part. Like similar places, there were several choices of barbecue sauce. My serving was so large I took half the meat out to eat the next day. We were out in 45 minutes after a satisfying meal.

2  Thank Charlie S
Tim C, General Manager at Mojo Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2015

Thanks so much for the awesome review! Look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 21 February 2015

This was our first visit to Mojo's Smokehouse in Fleming Island. We have been wanting to try this for a long time now. It wasn't very busy when we arrived. Our waitress wasn't that great. The food was amazing. I ordered the 2 meat combo for $16. They gave me two slices of brisket and a spoonful of Pulled pork. The meat was awesome, but at other BBQ places in the area they would have loaded me down with meat for about $5 dollars cheaper.

My wife got the pulled pork sandwich and it looked really good.

We really liked the food. The portions are just small for what you pay. We will probably go back again. I want to try the burnt ends.

2  Thank Patrick C

Patrick- Sorry to hear that your food portions left more to be desired. We pride ourselves in giving large portions of great BBQ-- most of our food barely fits on the plate!! Please ask for a manager on your next visit, and we will make sure you get more than enough of our awesome BBQ.

And thanks for taking the time out to give us a review... your information will help make sure going forward we don't let a not so full plate leave the kitchen.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

If you love flavorful smoked food and lots of it for a pretty decent price - then Mojo Smokehouse in Fleming Island, FL is the restaurant for you!

I ate lunch with my husband at Mojo Smokehouse in Fleming Island, FL the last week of January. The beef brisket was unbelievable! Moist, tender, flavorful, not too smokey; definitely NOT burnt and LOTS OF IT! And that was just for the lunch plate. The sides were also great - seasoned green beans and baked potato. My husband ordered the chicken breast plate. He also said it was delicious and plenty of food. The dinner meals are a few dollars more.

I gave Mojo's 4 stars and not 5 because the music is WAY TOO LOUD! At 11:30 am, we were the first 2 there for lunch because of our work schedules and the volume was deafening. I love Blues and Jazz music, but the music was so loud that we both left there with headaches! If they would only lower the volume 3-4 clicks, I am sure we would have enjoyed our lunch even more. I realize that atmosphere and music increase the lure to eat at an establishment, but there was way too much of both here.

It is getting harder and harder to find a decent restaurant that does not blare their music to #12 on the dial. Usually, the food is great, the service is great, but the music is a terrible turn-off. That is the case of Mojo's Smokehouse in Fleming Island, FL.

We want to go back to Mojo's in Fleming Island, but we would love it more if we did not need to shout over the piped-in music in order to have a conversation.

1  Thank LongTimeNavyWife

My apologies for the music being too loud at the restaurant. We try to create atmosphere, but definitely don't want to make our guests uncomfortable. I have marked the settings on our volume knobs to avoid "random volume" choices in the future. Sometimes, however, when the crowd thins, the music gets louder due to lack of conversations offsetting it, and the managers do their best to adjust accordingly. Next time you're back at Smokehouse, please feel free to ask your server or the manager to have the volume lowered if it is affecting your overall enjoyment. Thanks so much for the review!

Reviewed 2 December 2014

If you are looking for expertly done dry rubbed ribs look no further. The rest of the menu items are equally mouth watering and especially their brisket. You can cut it with a fork. If you love southern style sides then the mac & cheese, smashed potatoes & gravy and corn are all a meal in and of themselves. Noise factors a little loud but it ids a great place and we try and go often.

2  Thank 1jbarker
Reviewed 3 November 2014

I needed to provide food for family members for several days. I pre-ordered beef brisket and pulled pork plus sides of slaw, baked beans and collards. I added a few dishes I prepared and wow,,,several delicious meals. They provided directions for reheating the brisket which was very helpful. I highly recommend this location.

1  Thank Jan B