All reviews standard room taman safari eco resort enzyme bath east java organic farm hot water home grown makes you feel limited menu grounds are lovely wellness centre entrance gate last weekend an hour nice place gamelan
Reviewed May 1, 2018

It was the last weekend of April 2018 when I stayed here with a group of my colleagues, for 2 nights. I must admit, it was the best weekend I have ever had. I stayed in the Rubini room in the hotel with classic European style building. Called a wellness center. Tall pillars, spacious bedrooms, bathrooms with hot and cold water, huge mirror in the bathroom, heavy-running water for shower, big bedroom windows with very qualified beautiful curtain. I felt like I slept in a queen's bedroom. The only thing I was not happy about was the Wifi. I could not get fast internet access but then I thought it was not important when you need to stay away from the hectic life in town. The main goal of staying in the hotel was to relax my body and mind. To get a temporary optimal well-being. And I did get it.
When the morning comes, you can see peacocks here and there. Up on the roof, on the big front yard, near the dining place. They live freely like a free man and they are beautiful.
I also enjoyed the meal here. Fresh, made of organic vegetables although sometimes I found the taste was not fully met my expectation.
But something I like most about this resort was the green scenery and the fresh air. I really liked walking up and down to see the whole area of this resort and learned about the plants. Try to get Mas Heri (I hope I spell his name right) as your guide. He worked really good explaining almost all of the many kinds of leaves you see around the hotel. In short, I get the best weekend here.

Room Tip: I would say that the Rubini room in the Wellness center was the best.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

I was there with my familyfor vacation. Nice weather and you can have lunch in the traditional restaurant. They also vegetables garden. Lucky me, when I was there I could bought vegetables. it's only took 1 hour from surabaya.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

Magical setting high up a mountain side 900 meters above sea level. The vegetables & fruit drinks were all home grown & organic. They were well prepared.

And as the evening progressed there was a rain storm followed by a dense blanket of mist that embraced the entire mountain side.

For the experience the meal only cost a total of USD30 for 5. Amazing value !

Alan Leong
Singapore

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

Throw back to old times.main buildings are built in european classic architecture & so does in its interior.a classical javanese buildings such joglo & pendopo in the cottage complex.lush of greens everywhere.it's a cool place,cold for indonesians.suits for retreat,field trip & spa for wellness.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Kaliandra for one night in two of their 3 bedroom villas. For the price we paid, I think we expected a lot better. The surrounding isn't well kept, swimming pool were dirty with uninviting green algae water. Breakfast was disappointing too. The villas were specious though, could accommodate 12 people in a villa. They're equipped with basic things. No TV nor fridge, but mind you it's an Eco friendly hotel. The room is clean, staff were helpful and friendly. The highlight of our stay was the gamelan class! It was amazing how we were taught to play the gamelan in just an hour! We checked in quite late in the eve. The way to the hotel wasn't well lit. In fact it was pitch dark! The hotel does not even have a proper entrance gate. All in all, this is not a cheap place to stay...but I think they need to think seriously of managing and maintaining it better.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family