All reviews standard room taman safari eco resort enzyme bath east java organic farm hot water home grown makes you feel limited menu grounds are lovely wellness centre entrance gate last weekend an hour nice place gamelan
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Should you want a place to luxuriate in an environment where you can shut off from the world or to enable a good quality R & R....look no further.
Went with a group of friends and we were fortunate to go at a time when the resort was quiet. The latter created the opportunity for us to be granted to stay at the West Pavillion villa.
The villa was beautiful and really GRAND and done in the Classical style.
Felt as if I was staying at the Buckingham Palace.
Each room at this respective villa was beautifully decorated unique to itself . From the murals on the walls ,the four poster beds and humungous bathrooms. Truly FABULOUS!!!
The wellness centre was just next door. Within this building there were rooms available too. Whilst not as ostentacious as the Villa, the rooms were nevertheless big and beautifully decorated more in tune with a neoclassical style.
At the spa , we enjoyed the enzymatic "bath" treatment and a healing massage. The spa environment was clean and fairly well appointed to facilitate a calming and restful environment to enjoy the services. Services rendered by the therapist was fair.
The resort is within a 47 hectares estate. Although I opted for the "lazy" options there were lots to do . Walks through semi jungle , Adventure activities,cooking classes, swimming , gym etc. etc.
It is a great venue to consider for team building events or weddings.
What impressed me most is the earnestness of the staff. Whilst for some, communicating in English may prove to be difficult,however they endeavour to try their best to meet your needs.
Note - there are many options on accomodation from hostel like options to modest rooms. All of which are comfortable and clean.
If you enjoy resting and doing pretty much nothing then I would strongly recommend that you spend at least 3 night at this place. However if you prefer shopping or city life you may find this place a little too quiet .

Room Tip: there are choices to be made for accomodation style and the the price range is in tandem with the quality
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2018

Found it took about 2-5mins to go in from main gate to the reception itself . It means we will be stuck in the resort and cant go out to explore around as it will take sometime to walk out the resort. Room is quite standard without TV , Fan or Aircond. It is claimed that the weather will make your night cold. Service is good as they will try to help no matter how, even thought it might have some language barrier. Breakfast is at another place, which need to walk about 15mins up the hill. Luckily they do provide shuttle service. Like the lemongrass assence provided to chase out the mosquito and insects. Breakfast take awhile to serve , which i think they prepare it one by one. Do try their loyalty drink - Sechang, which claimed it is drink by loyalty last time. Overall good experience which is like staying in Bali . Oh ya! forgot to say WIFI is good!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2018

It was the last weekend of April 2018 when I stayed here with a group of my colleagues, for 2 nights. I must admit, it was the best weekend I have ever had. I stayed in the Rubini room in the hotel with classic European style building. Called a wellness center. Tall pillars, spacious bedrooms, bathrooms with hot and cold water, huge mirror in the bathroom, heavy-running water for shower, big bedroom windows with very qualified beautiful curtain. I felt like I slept in a queen's bedroom. The only thing I was not happy about was the Wifi. I could not get fast internet access but then I thought it was not important when you need to stay away from the hectic life in town. The main goal of staying in the hotel was to relax my body and mind. To get a temporary optimal well-being. And I did get it.
When the morning comes, you can see peacocks here and there. Up on the roof, on the big front yard, near the dining place. They live freely like a free man and they are beautiful.
I also enjoyed the meal here. Fresh, made of organic vegetables although sometimes I found the taste was not fully met my expectation.
But something I like most about this resort was the green scenery and the fresh air. I really liked walking up and down to see the whole area of this resort and learned about the plants. Try to get Mas Heri (I hope I spell his name right) as your guide. He worked really good explaining almost all of the many kinds of leaves you see around the hotel. In short, I get the best weekend here.

Room Tip: I would say that the Rubini room in the Wellness center was the best.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

I was there with my familyfor vacation. Nice weather and you can have lunch in the traditional restaurant. They also vegetables garden. Lucky me, when I was there I could bought vegetables. it's only took 1 hour from surabaya.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

Magical setting high up a mountain side 900 meters above sea level. The vegetables & fruit drinks were all home grown & organic. They were well prepared.

And as the evening progressed there was a rain storm followed by a dense blanket of mist that embraced the entire mountain side.

For the experience the meal only cost a total of USD30 for 5. Amazing value !

Alan Leong