All reviews pacific trail suspension bridge breakfast and lunch resident biologist other guests deluxe cabina scarlet macaws costa rica hiking trails tide pools primary forest tour tropical garden sunset tour maintained trails tree climbing owners phil and kim buffet style
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

I’ve travelled a good bit and stayed in some nice places but for me this was the vacation I’ve been looking for. If you like air conditioning and TV and a big night scene this probably isn’t for you. But if you want an amazing Nature vacation without having to camp, this could just be your perfect vacation. So many wonderful things about Bosque...

- service: staff is like none other. They seriously anticipated what we needed before we even realized it. Starting with when we arrived at 3pm they asked if we’d had lunch. And ending with packing us a hot breakfast for our early morning departure. Beyond wonderful.

- food; Oh the food. I’m a pretty picky eater. I eat out a lot and rarely love the food. But I swear every morsel of every meal was out of this world. Pure perfection. I don’t know how they do it. Plenty of choices too. I’d go back for the food alone.

- activities: we only had a few days in Costa Rica so it was perfect that there was plenty to do and see right on the stunningly beautiful property. No schlepping around place to place. The hike from the jungle to the pacific is one I won’t forget. And my private yoga lesson on the cliff top oceanfront deck was the best I’ve ever had. Oh and soaking in the giant tide pools on the beach. Wow, do that!

- Nature: picture this. You’re relaxing on your patio over the ocean with a cocktail in hand and the tree right in front of you is filled with monkeys swinging from branch to branch. Even babies with mamas. Then come the Scarlet Macaws flying over your head. You can’t even believe it’s happening right there.

- scenery: just gorgeous. Indescribable. Heaven.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diane J
Reviewed June 8, 2018

IT WAS FANTASTIC. I cannot say enough nice things about this place. We rented a house. Fabulous view. Clean. The staff was terrific. We wanted for nothing. Great wildlife. I would suggest renting a car.

Room Tip: We had 4 people, so a house made sense. Great views and tons of wildlife.
1  Thank Ruschak
Reviewed June 8, 2018

My family and I stayed at Bosque del Cabo at the end of May. We chose Bosque del Cabo based on reviews and the price. The rainforest lodge was even better than we could have imagine. The property is beautiful, the trails are well-marked and they have a good variety of trails, the activities were fun, and our accommodations were beautiful. The owners and staff seem to have thought of everything you would possibly need.

We stayed in Casa Blanca, which was only a short walk away from the lodge where they served all of the meals - which were incredible. The house itself had a beautiful view of the Pacific and two bedrooms that were very comfortable. We were happy just sitting on the large porch all day.

Additionally, while the lodge was not at full capacity (only about 8-12 people total), every guest we met was so nice. We had an excellent time at dinner talking to them all, and even when on a couple excursions with the other guests. I get the impression that people who stay at Bosque del Cabo are well-traveled and genuinely nice people.

What really made the trip, though, was the staff. They went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and happy. Both of my parents have medical issues, which the staff was very sensitive to. They were fun to talk to and really made an effort to get to know you.

Room Tip: Casa Blanca was such a short walk to the lodge that it is good if you want a house on the property but do not have a car
Reviewed June 7, 2018

I can't recommend Bosque del Cabo enough. This is a true gem in the middle of the rainforest that is doing eco-tourism right. Every member of the staff I met was kind, upbeat, genuine, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Two members of my family have mobility issues and had trouble walking well during our stay, and the staff consistently offered to go the extra mile by giving them rides, packing their lunches when they needed to eat in the house, picking up items for them in town, etc. Somebody even accompanied my mom into Puerto Jimenez when she needed to see a doctor, helped translate her needs to a pharmacist, and found an open pharmacy that would help her that day. Beyond this, Bosque del Cabo's grounds are exquisitely cared for, and you can't beat how much wildlife you see in any given hour / day. There was a constant parade of monkeys, tucans, parrots, and coaties right outside of our house. The excursions are also a once in a lifetime experience. I especially appreciated the primary forest tour with the resident biologist, Phillip, whose knowledge of the area's biology was fascinating and awe-inspiring. Bosque's Ecologist, Carlos, also took time to find poison dart frogs and a sloth during our tree-climbing expedition. The entire week was filled with breathtaking moments of witnessing a wide variety of wildlife day after day. Regarding beach access, if you have mobility issues or want to access the beach just by walking out the front door of your house, Bosque may not be the perfect place for you. But if the idea of a mini-trek through a rainforest down do a spectacular, miles-long, fully undeveloped beach at the base of a rainforest is your cup of tea, then I would highly recommend Bosque del Cabo to any capable adventurer. I would also recommend Bosque to any foodie who wants to stay healthy on vacation. All of the food is prepared fresh and includes lots of veggies / whole foods. Unlike most vacations, I definitely left healthier and than when I arrived, much due to the fresh food they prepared daily. Thank you Bosque for an awesome week!!

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

We went to Bosque for a long weekend with several families. We drove from Santa Ana and it was an easy drive. We stayed in a great 2 bedroom cabin with an amazing ocean view! The grounds were beautiful and there was so much to explore. Kim and Phil are fabulous hosts! They planned several fun activities for our group. The food was incredible and the stuff was super friendly. We will definitely go back!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family