All reviewsthe pubone nightfull englishfour poster bedreal log firenice sizeenglish countrysidenarrow lanesstayed here for two nightslarge bathroomgreat roomfriendly localslarge beer gardensunday lunchevening mealovernight staybed was comfortable
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Country inn with a friendly welcome. Stayed 2 nights in a clean room with king size bed and good shower. Room quite small with old shabby, tiny wardrobe and dressing table but nevertheless we were comfortable enough.
First night meal was disappointing when I chose lamb in red wine sauce. It had very little flavour, was overcooked (I like it pink) and the vegetables were far too al dente for my liking. Our starter and my husband's fish and chips were very good. Breakfast the next morning was OK but scrambled egg overcooked.
Second night (our wedding anniversary) we opted for steak and no starter which was cooked well and to our liking.
All the staff were happy, friendly and attentive giving a lovely atmosphere to this old inn.
There is a large beer garden and plenty of parking in this out-of-the-way location.
It seemed popular for drinkers and diners, so give it a try and see what you think!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2016

This newly-refurbished pub with en suite rooms is a huge hit. It offers very pleasing dining inside and out with a lovely sunny forecourt and huge rear garden. We had the Lebanese flatbread with a mediterranean salad and chargrilled chicken breast and the roasted butternut squash burrito with spicy rice. Both were delicious and in generous portions. The ale was one of Gadd's and the cider a particularly refreshing Aspall's. What's not to like? The staff were friendly and efficient and the facilities spotless. All this as well as being positioned in a favoured spot, not far off the A20 (fairly handy for Ashford or Canterbury) near Charing. Stunning views across the North Downs from Egg Hill Lane and a perfect stopping off point if travelling to the coast/ports.We only sampled the bar and restaurant but the en suite rooms information looked appealing.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2016

I called in today while walking on the North Downs Way. It's about 10/15 minutes off the path. Only had a couple of pints but there was a good selection of local beers. The two I tasted were both very well kept. It's very clean and although I didn't see the rooms it would be very convenient for walkers on the North Down Way. The young woman behind the bar was really friendly and helpful. I'll try to go back, though I live some way away.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Nicely renovated pub, very cosy, huge garden, friendly and efficient staff, excellent food, generous portions, everything is perfect. I can t wait to come back. It s a little gem.
I had the best fish and chips I ever had; tartare sauce was excellent. My partner had a massive and fresh Stilton ploughman with warm baguette.

Thank you so much for this lunch.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2016

Booked a table for four with friends for an evening meal. Lovely food, good selection of beers. Reasonably priced. Recommended. The gardens are really good. The area if you fancied a stroll are of outstanding beauty

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple