“Best Haddock ever”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Best Haddock & Chips you'll find anywhere. Friendly people and cosy & comfortable surroundings. Really good value for money.

1  Thank Steve B

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We went in for an evening meal . The barman offered small mini size samplers of the beers on offer which was great .The menu was brought to the table but the specials blackboard won the day and the friendly waitress confirmed our choices as good ones as the fish was fresh and from Whitby .It was good and fresh . I was even tempted to a plum and cinnamon crumble with custard for pudding .The best bit though was sitting with a drink and just listening to the local banter in this little gem of a place. A real dales pub.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

My partner and I first came here about 6 years ago now and love it. The Sunday lunch is the best around for miles. The evening menu is basic but the food is excellent. The steak and ale pie is the best around. It has always been consistently good. It's definitely one of our favourites places to eat.

1  Thank Hentrev
Reviewed 13 August 2016

My partner and I (our spaniel too) visit the Dales three or more times a year. In that time,we have been regular visitors to this lovely pub, for about 7 years, where we have our lunch and liquid refreshment! It has a great, relaxed atmosphere, far from the "madding crowd and hassle of work." We, including our dog, are always made to feel welcome. The food is fantastic and all home made.....even the dog is treat to a biscuit!
I always look forward to my visits here and plan to continue.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Good atmosphere,very pleasant staff,value for money ,good selection of local beers,you have to be hungry to eat all the well prepared food,a very nice dales country pub

1  Thank Colin N