“Afternoon Tea at the Farm Shop”
Review of The Three Daggers

The Three Daggers
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Edington
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We dropped into the farm shop for afternoon tea. You can sit either inside or outside on one to two outside areas.

We ordered cream teas at the counter and the staff delivered them to us at our table. My wife is from Devon and is very particular about her cream teas. She rated the one here as very good, except it could have had a little more clotted cream.

Overall, it was most enjoyable and sitting outside on the terrace was very pleasant.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This was recommended to us as the place also has a micro brewery and farm shop next door.
Kitchen wasn't ready at 12pm for Sunday lunch but we had to take this time slot when we booked so we had to wait a bit. The front of house team were all very young and looked a tad inexperienced (slow) although very polite.

Starters arrived which were good. However 2 out of 4 mains were poor. The roast lamb was so fatty, we had to ask for a steak knife.. even then we left 3/4 of it. The battered haddock was wet so half was left. Granted the roast beef was good.

We had the lamb refunded but not the fish?

Nice surroundings, food not quite there, service disjointed.... as my title states "ok but won't go again."

2  Thank Jonathanhoodless
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Good atmosphere,staff etc. My lamb dish tasted like baked beans from a tin ....couldn't taste the lamb. Three of us had it and three of us were very disappointed....I couldn't eat mine.

2  Thank clairethehair2017
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Have not been to the three daggers for some time, and know the previous people have taken over a place closer to where I live. As I needed to go into Warminster on business I chose the three daggers for lunch en route as my friend had not been before, . The pub itself is such a lovely place, the micro brewery and deli cafe still look great, we had a table in the conservotary, we had a coffee in the bar first which was delicious, flat white done perfect. Pleasant bar man and very nice friendly waitress, just a shame the menu doesn't reflect the great surroundings. Found the menu to be very average, what I would call pub grub and a lot of bready things, there was nothing a little bit different . We both opted for the beetroot and goats chees salad with a portion of chips, chips fine, the salad was very ok, nice dressing but really lacked imagination, a plate of mixed leaves with two types of beetroot and a slice of goats cheese, not one little tomatoe or any other bits, some pine nuts would have been nice sprinkled on top to give it a bit of va va voom, it tasted fine but was disappointing for 12 95. Popping into the deli we actually felt that we would have had a nicer lunch there. So don't think I will be rushing back. Such a shame as love the pub . Had a delightful lunch in a Cotswold pub of smoked haddock and pea crickets with soft boiled egg and dressed leaves, delicious, would have loved to have Sen somthing like this on your menue , I know pub classics like fish and chips are always popular but we like things a little different too.

1  Thank Delyth S
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We brought our puppy with us and the pub staff were able to accommodate us in a calmer area. The food was very good and there was a very good variety.