All reviews olive oil grove trees patio bedroom kamares transfer wifi facilities accommodation apolonia car port greece centre artemonas island
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Great apartment. Big. Exceptionally clean. Lovely terrace. Close to town and everything you need. We hiked from town to Vathi beach which was a fantastic walk.

Owners so helpful with transfers and information. Really cannot recommend enough if you want to stay in Apollonia.

We took bus from Vathi to Kamares after hike, swim and lunch. Watched sunset here and then few drinks before bus back to Apollonia. All very easy.

We got coffees and pastries for breakfast from the bakery close to apartment each morning! Delicious.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Very close to everything.
The hotel offers free parking (right outside the hotel area) in the centre of Apolonia, this reason alone is enough to select it.
It is ABSOLUTELY quite!
The personnel very friendly.
Renovated.
The kitchen has literally everything (!) in terms of equipment, to make juice, cook, boil water etc.
The hotel offers antimosquito equipment.
The soap quality in the bathroom is good.
There is wifi everywhere.
There is nice view from almost any room.

Be careful:
- there is no TV in the rooms. however this is part of the experience of quite hotel! So be prepared about it.
- you may be allowed to out your car in the hotel area to load or empty your car... but you cannot do it many times... so if you have to carry food bottles water etc ... you really need to walk 100m or so.
- due to the gardens and the trees outside every room, there are a lot a lot a lot of mosquitos ... get some repeller

Of course there is no breakfast, or any other facilities, but you know it.

Overall , top location, good choice , value for money, would definitely select it again!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2017

Great room with shady patio in gorgeous location in the middle of olive grove. Five minute walk from restaurants and shops of "downtown Apollonia" but felt like we were in the country. Lovely owners who picked us up from ferry and dropped us off and gave us a gift of home-brewed olive oil. . Beautiful shady patio with gorgeous view of church next door and coast. We spent every afternoon there after getting tired hiking. Wonderful shower. We used beach towels provided as we were not going to the beach.Only problem was not being able to open windows at night due to mosquitos. I guess Greeks don't use screened windows. A/C worked fine but I missed cool night air.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

Very close to everything and everywhere. Beautiful little apartments, independent and quiet. The staff is nice and keep everything well kept. The rooms are for a couple that could sleep a child or two. All the apartments have one big bed and a built couch that could sleep another two.

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed December 30, 2016

Eleonas is EXCELLENT!

Alex, Stavros and Sarah from the Eleonas Apartments in Sifnos are SO NICE! I believe Sarah and Stavros are the owners of the Eleonas Apartments, and they were very hospitable and pleasant when reserving accommodations at their property. The staff of Eleonas were very friendly and assisted us with round-trip transport from the bay to the apartments.

When we arrived, we were greeted by Alex who gave us a tour of the spaces and of our apartment we rented for the three of us, as well as our keys to the place. Alex helped us read the map of the island and she gave us good recommendations for food and restaurants. The apartment was clean and beautiful – a little two bedroom with dining room, full shower and bathroom and kitchen where we were able to cook our own meal after visiting a local market! It was wonderful! The apartment even had a cute little veranda with reclining lawn chairs and a table where we enjoyed outdoor dinners! And all over the property were olive trees and flowers! Alex told us that the owners make their own olive oil from the olives on these trees and that the olive oil on the table in the dining room was made from those very trees. It was delicious and we were even able to purchase more olive oil from their storefront down by the bay!

I really wish we could have stayed there longer – I really loved Sifnos and would return in a heartbeat! And I will definitely return to the Eleonas Apartments again. Especially since the price was great, the accommodations very clean and very comfortable, and the staff super friendly and helpful.

What impressed me the most about staying there at the Eleonas Apartments is that they will go above and beyond to make customers happy! For example, when the time came for us to leave I made the mistake of leaving my bathing suit hanging outside on the line to dry and I forgot to pack it with my things. Can you believe, I left Sifnos without my bathing suit! I couldn’t believe I had done that!

So when I called Sarah to inquire about the suit, she told me not to worry about the forgotten item—that they had found it and would be happy to send me my bathing suit in the mail –all the way back to the United States!

I couldn’t believe it! When I asked if I could pay her for doing this, to provide funds for the cost of shipping, she insisted that she would be happy to send it to me without any reimbursement. I was amazed! Sarah is so generous!

Needless to say, when I arrived home in Chicago, a package was there waiting for me and I got my bathing suit back! THANK YOU SO MUCH SARAH! And THANK YOU to EVERYONE at ELEONAS for making our stay so enjoyable!

That said, I REALLLY RECOMMEND HIGHLY the accommodations at the Eleonas Apartments in Sifnos, Greece. As I said before, it’s a really beautiful place, with a truly kind and caring staff, and I can’t wait to return there again next summer.

Room tip: I hope you like cats! There are lots of kitties running around all over Sifnos!
Date of stay: October 2016