See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is pretty old and not very cleaned.. I mean because of this price is affortable. I do not recommended. I choose only because my favorite hotel in this city was fully booked. Only good point is good location near the centre of city.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jac0m0s
Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

We came from Brazil and spent there one weekend and was a great days!! Everything are perfect: room, food, the build... Awesome! The hotel be in a charming street near of Black Tower square! One more time: Awesome!

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed August 2, 2016

The reception was very cool, and the hotel had an elevator (something you shouldn't take for granted in Bohemia), and the room was ENORMOUS, with a large bathtub, separate toilet, and even a walk-in closet.

On the other hand, the room was sparsely furnished to the point of feeling alienating, the bed was hard and lumpy, the pillow was so soft to be nearly useless, ventilation was poor, and the bar in the hotel kept open until 4 am with very noisy and drunken youth who kept us up for hours, literally yelling at each other. The staff was businesslike and a little brusque.

When and if we are back we will look for other hotels.

Room tip: Away from the street
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2016

The beds looked like they were going to be uncomfortable but I had a perfect nights sleep. In fact your first impression of the room isn't that good, it's very old fashioned but when you start to look around and notice all the features you warm to it a little more. I think the fact that it has a purple carpet with yellow curtains and bed linen doesn't help! The best feature of all for me though was that it also had a bath - happiness is! They even supplied the bubble bath :) The price was very good, and for that you accept it's flaws. Had we paid more I wouldn't have come away so content.

Check-in wasn't the friendliest, no information given about anything other than breakfast times. It's kind of sad because the hotel has so much potential yet it's almost like it's been forgotten about or something. Reception is dark, breakfast was very basic in a large sterile room, no background music / ambience anywhere. But the worst feature is that you can still smoke in this hotel, you can see lingering smoke in the corridors and the elevator is awful. One surprising element, which you can't blame the hotel for was being woken up through the night by the sound of a bed banging and a woman screaming. It took me a minute in my groggy state to realise I didn't need to get onto Reception to call the Police. That was a first!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2016

Pros: large rooms, very well located hotel, nice front desk employees

Cons: very rude housekeeping, no Wifi in the rooms, electricity cut, breakfast, very outdated rooms, restaurant and cafe personnel

Value: I paid very little for the room and it was still too much. It was not a value transaction.

The electricity was out from 7:45am until 10am and when I asked housekeeping how to get down she wouldn't even try to communicate with me. She just glared at me and said 'no English, no English'. I tried to show in motions what I needed to do (get out of the hotel but the elevators weren't working since the electricity was cut) but she was such a witch it was a very difficult process.

The same woman a couple hours later walked into my room without knocking. Just walked in…is it cultural not to knock first?

As it was Easter weekend most places were closed…I would say 90%...so I went to their café. I ordered a piece of cake for breakfast and it was so stale it could have replaced a rock. As I mentioned this to the girl, no apologies or anything just a nothing I can do attitude.

I later went to the restaurant to have dinner and every table was reserved. I tried a second time an hour later and everything was marked as reserved. I tried a third time and the woman I asked about serving dinner was rude as anything and when it was finally determined by her what the word 'food' meant she barked that the kitchen has been closed for 1.5 hours.

I tried other 'restaurants' but everything was closed. This was a catastrophe as I went to bed completely hungry. I asked the front desk woman who worked at night where I could get food and she was completely dismissive stating it was Sunday night.

The room. Since I was basically stranded in the city for the Easter weekend I thought I would get some work done. I went to put the desk up (it is a flat desk that is supposed to be elevated by a piece of wood) but the wood was broken off the wall with a bunch of nails sticking out not allowigng for the desk to be placed upright.

The lobby had a lot of loud people talking in it for most of my stay the first night. This echoed into the rooms as the lobby is cavernous and it lasted for hours. The second night was like a ghost town.

The internet is only good in the lobby. Literally. Upon check-in they said it works best in the lobby. What they failed to say was that it doesn't work at all in the rooms. It doesn't even pick up any of the networks to even try to connect.
So, I was going to do some work but a.) I was not able to connect in the rooms as there weren't even networks I could try and connect to and b.) there wasn't a working desk to work on and c.) I was hungry.

If you are looking for pre-1990 attitude/service, this is where to come. I have travelled and lived in this part of the world since the early 1990's and I can say that this city in general is inhospitable and has a lot of the attitude that came with their communist past. Surprisingly this is the case as it has been many years and one would think the newer generations who weren't even born before 1990 would have a different view of hospitality. I was not at all impressed with the city. Getting out at the train station I tried asking three different people where the old town was and all three just kept on walking as if I wasn't there. A precursor to what I found in the hotel and the restaurants.

If you are going to invest time and money into your travels it is best to skip this city and move on to a city that welcomes your tourist dollars and is able to work with tourists in terms of communication in a positive manner. This town and the people is far from foreign traveler friendly.

Date of stay: March 2016