All reviews great location rainy night burguer one night huge room average breakfast old building the main square medieval charm lovely hotel duck enjoyed my stay free wifi rooms are clean exposed beams recommend this hotel small town
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The advantage is, that this place is in the centre of Ceske Krumlow. The breakfast was casual, the room furniture were from the middle age, but was comfortable enouguh. We felt so good in this hotel. I recommend everyone.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Nice staff, great location, good breakfast, room size was more than enough for 3, clean, but in the roof, so be prepared for a lot of steps, since there is not elevator.

It's location is perfect!
It worth for the money!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2018

Perfect location near the main square and a bridge crossing the river. Kind and friendly staff. Very quiet despite the many people outside. Nice breakfast buffet in the morning. Comfortable beds, everything worked well, including WiFi, television and bathroom fixtures. Room was a little dark and plain. There was a lot of wood and no rug on the floor or soft places to sit other than the bed. Felt a bit like we'd stepped back in time.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2018

In the middle of the small town. The rooms are very basic, so much, that you are invited to go out and visit the town and only return to sleep. A nice simple breakfast. Still, I enjoyed the visit. If you are driving, make sure to plan your parking ahead of time. Your GPS will be helpful. I suggest parking in P1 on Chvalsinská, then paying for a day-or-two at the Post Office in the plaza (it will be cheaper than paying by the hour). The two deserves a five-star. Lots of fun things to do, including the castle (XIIIth century), gardens, food, shopping, river activities...

Room Tip: ask for any view, possibly on the second floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank gagutierrezd
Reviewed December 30, 2017

This is a wonderful small hotel. I made my booking several months before my stay & had some questions before my visit, all of which the hotel answered by return e mail, immediately. Not much more than a 10 minute walk from the bus station & located on a street just a few metres off the main square, I found the hotel after initially heading off down the wrong street & then walked straight past it & then wondered how I’d managed to miss it when I did locate it. I arrived well after 18.00 which was cutting it fine as the reception closes at 19.00 but I was met with a very friendly welcome, a nice check in – friendly & informative. I paid on checking in & was given my room key (not a card) & front door key which was needed to gain entry to the hotel after 19.00.
Off up the stairs & over the creaky floorboards, through the low door openings which I soon learned to duck under when approaching after banging my head on the first one that I encountered.
My room – non smoking, small, clean & basic with minimal facilities but in keeping with the character of the hotel. With a squeaky wooden floor, 2 single beds, wall mounted tv, wardrobe, small table, 2 electrical sockets, small window & a radiator which kept the room nice & warm, much needed because it was far from warm out & about the town. No issues with noise from inside or outside of the hotel. The hotel’s free wifi offered a few network options (corresponding to room numbers) & a password was given when checking in. Connecting was easy & the wifi was fast & consistent.
The bathroom was small & narrow with a tiled floor & half tiled walls, shower cubicle with a shower head & hose on a rail, great pressure & as much hot water than even a large family would need. Hairdryer, sachets of shampoo, soap, 2 hand towels & 2 bath towels, wall vent but no shaving socket.
Breakfast was served from 08.00 to 10.30. I went down at 07.50 & was told it was no problem & so, had my choice of table as there was nobody else around. Continental buffet style with a vast assortment of good food available, cereals, whole fresh fruits, yoghurts, pate, toast, breads, cheeses, ham slices, salami, sliced tomatoes, peppers, radish & cucumbers, boiled eggs, a fruit pie(no idea what fruit it was), orange & apple juices, coffee & flavoured teas.
There is a fridge/cooler off reception with beer, soft drinks & water. There is a pc & keyboard close to the reception desk offering complimentary use for guests. Plenty of tables & chairs in a room off reception where guests can relax over a drink, read a book, have a game of chess or just have a chat. I checked out after breakfast but had some time to kill & left my luggage at reception whilst I went out exploring. When I came back at around 11.00 I asked if it was possible to go to the breakfast room for a cup of coffee, it wasn’t a problem at all.
The hotel is perfectly located for exploring Cesky Krumlov, very close to the main square, barely 10 minutes walk to the castle (in fact – a great view of the castle from outside the front door of the hotel) & just 10 minutes walk to the bus station, if you can avoid stopping for the numerous photo opportunities on the way.
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Yes, the room was small & basic but as I travelled alone, that wasn’t an issue for me. There was an old world charm to the place with it’s squeaky floors, winding stairs & it’s patchwork of corridors. A big positive for me were the staff, all of whom were friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo