See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 6, 2016

Like others have said, it's on a steep hill so unless you go by car, I wouldn't recommend it. Bathroom is fine, the room is a bit depressing, dirty carpets etc. This place has the dubious honour of being the one and only place I have ever - in all my numerous travels - stayed in that refuses, point blank, to store your luggage! Not sure how they thought I was going to go sight-see, you know that little thing I went to CK for - schlepping a suitcase on wheels on cobblestones! If at least the refusal came with a little smile or apology! The penzion I stayed in the previous night, allowed me to use the box with code outside the door (Penzion Laura has the same thing!) to go back to collect my luggage after sight-seeing. I went back midday to put on warmer socks and the landlady even offered me a cup of tea and the use of the bathroom! See the difference? I got the distinct idea this lady wants your money with as little effort put into getting it as possible. Oh, and that international phone call I had to make to get the code? Just bad taste! Especially since I sent an email with my exact arrival time, which was ignored.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank singaporegypsy
Reviewed February 3, 2015

Can tell that this is quite a new guest house, comfortable bed and very good for couple.but it's abit far from the Main Street. We arrived in the evening from Prague and surprisingly the reception was close and we are suppose to call for keys. But coz we didn't had a local phone hence it was a hassle for us to get it. We had to walk with our luggages back to the town and get someone to call for us. Well, we were luckily enough to get some random people to call for us in order to get in to the guest house.

We would recommend to pay abit extra to stay in the town as there are a lot of guest house in the town with similar price and u dun have to go through all the hassle and can have very nice view in the town. Coz personally we think Laura penzion is slightly isolated from the town.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Huey L
Reviewed October 28, 2014

Located uphill in a very quiet area, Laura pension is very close to the historic city centre (about 10 minutes on foot). The hill was not so steep as I expected and me and my husband managed to get there on foot from the bus station even though we had some luggage with us (we are young and fit ;) We got a room on the second floor and absolutely loved it, it was very cozy, clean and rather spacious, and it was nice to spend 2 nights there. The bathroom was very clean too. Breakfasts were excellent. On the last day we had to leave early in the morning (about 7:30 am) and we were served coffee, omelette and some pastry even though the breakfast started at 8:00 am. We really appreciated that!
I give 4 stars only because the staff didn't speak any English at all, and that was quite uncomfortable for us.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2014

This small pension has comfortable rooms, a good location, and fantastic prices. We did have a couple of minor hiccups during our stay. Checking in was a challenge. When we arrived ( around 5pm) there was no one there. I called the phone number posted on the door and reached a lady who did not speak English. She spoke a little German, so I put her on the phone with my husband who also speaks a little German. He thought she said she was at the doctor. We waited for an hour and no one showed up to let us in. While we were waiting, another couple arrived, called the number and asked for a room for the night. They were told the hotel was full, although it was clearly empty. We tried calling again and this time reached someone who could tell me how to get my key out of the lockbox.

On our last morning there, the hotel was apparently full, and EVERYONE staying there came down for breakfast at the same time. It was a zoo! The breakfast room was really crowded and there was barely enough room to move.

On the plus side, our bed had a great mattress, the room was spotless, and the parking in front was convenient. The hike up and down the hill to the center of town was not bad at all. For the price, this was a great value.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debra D
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed here as a couple with a group of friends in May 2014. We did not have a lot of options to choose from as we booked late and needed several rooms in the same place. We were extremely pleased with Penzion Laura. As you'd expect from the price, it was no frills, but extremely comfortable and we were made to feel at home and at ease by the caring and friendly owners who happened to speak a bit of 8 languages, though no English :) They really went the extra mile, including a trip to the store for fresh ginger to settle an uneasy stomach. The place itself it at the top of a hill (not ideal) and walking distance (maybe 15 minutes) to the main city and attractions. Breakfast was excellent and they were accommodating with a late check out and bag-holding due to our departure time. Would definitely recommend if you don't mind being a little further from the action.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends