All reviewswenceslas squaresteam saunagreat locationsafe boxstayed one nightold towndancing housenice hotelmini marketroom was largedecent sizemin walkbreakfast buffetenjoyable stayrecommend this hotelper dayhotel is located
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We Booked last minute and good a very good deal. The hotel was in a great location and within a reasonable walking distance from Prague's train station which was handy for us.
The room was very spacious and clean and the en suite was in a good condition.
Also, having free internet in the reception area was very useful and a great feature of the hotel.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
All in all we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2011

The winter is not better season for vacation in Prague. But New Year in this place is full of magic. Hotel “Amarillis” is located in the heart of the old Prague, near Václavské náměstí. The hotel is 4-stars. This is a quiet comfortable place. The rooms are not big, but this is enough for two adults: big bed, TV, arm chair... High Tech style is reigns in the bathroom. This hotel is non-smoking!
The breakfast included bread, butter, eggs, fried eggs, sheese, salads, sausages, tea, coffe etc. It was enough for the morning.
There are a lot of cozy restaurants near the hotel. The restaurants provide Czech cuisine and ,of course, Czech beer. I would like to recommend you „Krušovice“. By my opinion this is the best beer in Prague.
As you can know there is „Pražský hrad“ not far from „Karlův most“. The undeground station is near this one. The most beautiful veiw is from the top of „Pražský hrad“. St. Vitus Cathedral impresses with its splendor. But at that time the entrance in to the Cathedral was paid.
„Karlův most“ is not far from the hotel „Amarillis“ (about 30 minutes). If you want you can go to „Karlův most“ by the underground (10 minutes).
If you want to have a little miracle you can spend time for the winter holidays in Prague.

NB: there are two different „Amarilis“ hotels in Prague. My hotel is located in Stepanska street.

Room Tip: Be sure the location of room does not matter if you will spend your time for the excursions around Prague.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ameeriel_Laurdien
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We only stayed here for the one night we were in Prague. Our room was large, clean and well maintained if a bit modern and antispetic. The location is close enough that everything we wanted to see was in walking distance but far enough away that at night it was quiet even though our room faced the street.
The staff were friendly enough although we did not have much contact with them.

The breakfast buffet was comprehensive and well stocked (although the muzak was a bit strange)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Decent size of room
Small TV
Small sink
No WiFi, despite what is stated on websites. Wired Internet is available (Cable supplied)
Clean but some old stains on carpet
Very helpfull staff
Very good quality Breakfast

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing street to avoid listening to drunk people in the street late at night!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed at the Amarillis not too long ago and there was a situation with the shower door. Essentially it was loose and hanging out of the bathtub too wide. It fell and shattered in a million pieces while I was in there changing. I did not touch it or cause this accident. Because of this, my foot and partner's hand was bleeding. The hotel staff immediately accused me of causing this accident and did not show any sympathy for what happened to me. Instead they decided to charge me for the damage that I did not cause.

I urge others not to stay at this hotel, the service is horrible and the showers that they offer are unsafe.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
LukasKM, Public Relations Manager at Amarilis, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your opinion. We really appreciate it ;)