“Very nice choice for the rest!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Court Hotel

Royal Court Hotel
Ranked #85 of 668 Hotels in Prague
Miami Beach, Florida
“Very nice choice for the rest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

The best place for the rest after a long walk around Beautiful Prague! Comfortable rooms, modern style and very democratic prices! I RECOMMEND )))

Why do I think so? because it was not my first time in Prague, i've seen very oldfashionated hotels (dosen't mean style), very dirty and not comfortable with small rooms (the same price - 35 euro).

And breakfasts were amazing )))

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NataliaCRM, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Court Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear Ivan,

Thank you for leaving such a kind and warm review and thank you for choosing your stay with us. The best for us is to see our guests happy, so we are doing our best to improve our services and make your stay brilliant and memorable.

Elizaveta Nechaeva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

We really enjoyed staying there, People working there were very friendly.Emmanuel welcomed us and gave us some really helpful tips.The place was getting renovated, but our room was very clean and well furnished. The location is central, 10 min walking distance from the city center and there's a very nearby subway station.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague. And for this nice and sincere feedback. I am happy to hear, that our services met your expectations. Your review is very valuable for us. I really hope that you can join us once again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

Stayed here last week and was really looking forward to my first trip to Prague.
The entrance to the hotel was the 1st dissapointement, with the check in area/lobby being no more than a hostel style desk rather than a hotel lobby. Not at all boutique-like as advertised. We looked longingly at the hotel opposite which seemed much more grand and opulent, yet was the same 4 star rating.
The initial reception from the member of staff who checked us in was at most tepid!
When we given the key to our room, we discovered it was much smaller than we could have imagined and was also opposite the lift. We reqested an alternative room and the 2nd one we were shown had such a bad odour of eggs that I can only imagine that it was above the kitchen.
Eventually we were given another room and settled in.
(At this point I did not fancy having to be confronted with our charmless reception guy any longer so thought it best to take the room!!!)
The next adventure was trying to get access to the spa which is so heavily advertised. FIst of there is a charge to access it which is 16 euros per hour!!!! (I had assumed that use of the sauna/jaccuzzi was inclusive in our stay). Later on when I asked if I could be shown the facilities I was told that it was in use as someone was having a massage????? I asked if the spa was small and was told it was massive. (Why then no seperate area for a massage to be carried out??) After trying a couple more times to visit the spa I gave up and frankly I have the unpleasant feeling that it is not a spa as I or most hotel users would think of. It all seemed a little shady!!!!! Otherwise it must be that the spa is run by an entirely different company who just rent the space and is nothing to do with the hotel.
Overall the breakfast was good and the other staff who we encountered were much more friendly and interactive than our initial guy who checked us in. Beds were comfy and yes the rooms were at least clean.
No room service or restuarant available, meant we ventured out into the night sometimes with no real advice as to where was nice to eat etc.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes for a little 4 star luxury and I don't feel that this hotel should be advertised as a 4 star boutique hotel and spa.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
EmmanuelCRM, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Court Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
Dear Mowglidance,
thank you for your review. We always work on improvements.
We have just finished the reconstruction of our Reception/Lobby area - I'm sure you will like it now. You can see the new pictures uploded here.
I'm glad that my colleagues reached to find a room for you, which fit your needs - we always try to do the maximum for our gusts, even if we have to show them 10 rooms, we do that.
Regarding the Spa. I strongly recommend booking it in advance, it's a very popular service among our guests. Also it's more opften available during the day time.
I'm glad you liked the breakfasts, and yes - I feel sorry for the fact we do not have any evening bar, but still you should admite, that there are dozens of different great restaurants and bars in our area. If you ask our receptionists, I'm sure they will be happy to give you an advice about where to go and what to see.
Kind regards.
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

Ok hotel. Rooms are small but nice. 15 min. walk to city centre. There is better value for money in Prague....

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank JohnnyBG51
Dear Johnny,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers, we highly appreciate your feelings about our hotel! Since the time you've been here, we have made several improvements, so, hope to see you here again!

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Good location, Nice staff who were always happy to help, A pleasant room with a comfortable bed and clean bedding, not a huge room, but expected no more from a city centre hotel, the only fault with the room was that the curtains had come off the runner and couldn't be closed properly (and looked a little scruffy) but not a real issue, the kettle etc was also a nice touch which is often missing even in far more expensive Hotels.
Great little restaurants close to the Hotel with food and drink half the price in the main Square, a good base for our 4 day trip and would recommend to anyone thinking of visiting Prague....

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GillieLondon
Dear Gillie,

I am so happy, that you took your time to write such a pleasant review. I hope that you had a lot of bright and memorable moments in our city. I hope that the curtain problem haven't affected your stay too much, our receptionists and house-keeping department are always happy to help you with any of such issues. I will be glad to see you here again!

Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed in the apartment building, which is just a couple of minutes away from the hotel as well as from the main train station. We booked a one bedroom apartment, which was extremely clean and fully equipped with a kitchen and all necessary utensils.
The building is centrally located near a major road, but we have not heard any traffic noise during the night. Check-in was fast and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. We will come back soon!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Michael,

I am really glad of the fact, that you enjoyed the stay in our apartments. We are doing our best to meet our clients' expectations and we are really happy when we succeed in our job. Thank you for your kindness. Hope to see you again here soon.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. On the plus side, the reception staff were all friendly and helful, and spoke excellent English.
On the other hand, this was one of the smallest rooms I have ever stayed in. The room was completely dominated by the bed, to the point that you had to turn sideways and shuffle past crabwise (while making sure you didn't hit the wall-mounted TV) to get to the other side. There was no bedside table / shelf on one side - the bed was right up against the tiny wardrobe, so I had to put my glasses, phone, glass of water etc on the shelf inside the wardrobe! There was no space for any chairs etc, so the only place to sit was on the bed, not very comofortable as the pillows were very thin, not allowing to provide good back support for sitting up. It was also incredibly hot! Inspite of the small size, the air conditioning didn't significantly cool it, even when left running all night.

The towels were tiny, and well-worn. As with many hotels, they display a notice saying that if you want your towels changed, leave them in the bath tub, otherwise they won't. On the one day we had quite thick (though still small) towels, I made sure they were left hanign neatly on the rail. Sure enough - when we got back to the hotel - they'd been changed for the usual thin, threadbare ones!

Breakfast was the typical self-service affair. While not as extensive as some places we've stayed, there was plenty of choice, some hot, some cold. Personally i would have preferred a bit more fruit, but there was certainly something for everyone. Unfortunately, every morning we had to find a member of staff to replenish at least one item that had run out - e.g. coffee, milk, jam. The staff didn't seem to be trained to think ahead and check these basics for themselves.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
EmmanuelCRM, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Court Hotel, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Dear Karenf06,
thank you for your feedback.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay all in general. And thank you for underlining our staff friendliness and abundant brekfast.
I'll take care of informing the cleaning and restaurant personnel about your experience. I'm sure we would find the way how to eliminate these small mistakes.
Regarding the room size, I feel sorry for the fact the room you had was not in accordance you’re your expectations. I would maybe recommend you booking a Superior room next time, I think you might like it more; these rooms are much bigger than Standard rooms.
I hope you’ll visit us again.
Kind regards.