“So sad to leave early!”

Ranked #49 of 651 Hotels in Prague
England
“So sad to leave early!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

As a christmas surprise, we were flying over to Prague and spending 3 days at the Buddha Bar Hotel. After looking at pictures and reviews on trip advisor, I could not wait to get there and upon arrival, this hotel definitely did not disappoint!
Hotel staff were very polite and took the time to show us around all the room amenities once we had checked in. Every part of the hotel is gorgeous. The room was amazing and contained everything you could possibly need. The welcome drink was lovely and the evening turndown with the goodnight chocolates was a lovely touch. We did not realise just how close we were to the Old Town Square. The hotels location, on top of everything else, is perfect. We were hoping to get lots of pictures of the area and hotel but unfortunately, had to leave for the airport in quite a hurry and just did not get the chance. :(
Sadly, after our first night there, we had to leave early and fly back to England due to a medical emergency. Leaving this amazing city and beautiful hotel earlier than expected was heartbreaking! We cannot wait to go back to Prague and explore the rest of the city and without a doubt, we will not be looking to stay anywhere other the the Buddha Bar hotel. Truly unique!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Becky0710
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your satisfaction on Tripadvisor, we are very pleased to hear your impressions of our hotel, especially our welcoming and turn-down services.
We hope your emergency situation turned out well and we are looking forward to your next visit of Prague (and our hotel) when you will be able to exlore the rest that we and Prague have to offer.
Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
kent
Reviewed 7 April 2012 via mobile

Warm and professional welcome, staff could not do enough for you. Rooms were just superb with very timely and thorough cleaning. Fittings were of highest standard with a Japanese style loo to boot if such things take your fancy. Courtesy Nespresso machine was a nice touch and a very well stocked min bar and fridge. Very good tv and radio service with free wifi throughout hotel ( in my deal anyway).
Lower Ground Budda Bar was set out in same format as them all but the service was really very slow and it was obviously understaffed, I had to leave after waiting 25 mins for my bill advising the manager to just put on my room. Food in the restaurant was I felt middle of the road and not of the standard expected for price or reputation. The hotel is amust for the romantic break being very central to the old town but the restaurant, well you can do better out and about

Stayed March 2012
Dear Mr. Frank M.,
thank you for taking the time to write the feedback about your stay with us in Prague.
I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your hotel room with all its amenites and the performance of my collegues.
I am sorry to hear that the Buddha-Bar restaurant did not meet your expectations.
We will definitely communicate your impression to the restaurant management team as the venue is owned by a different company.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Veronika F.
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We could wait 30mn at the breakfast before anyone came to bring us some menus. The service was very poor for a 5-star hotel. Also, the room was very noisy and there was a constant exterior air conditioning noise. Very annoying. To the extent we could not sleep correctly.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Lolow29
Dear guest,
Thank your for your feedback. We take very seriously both the negative and positive impressions.
I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay and were not able to get proper rest (despite the hotel´s reputation for excellent quality of sleep).
I apologize for the misunderstanding during the breakfast service after your long night due to the exterior noise.
We would be pleased to welcome you back and get another opportunity to prove the validity of our 5-star ranking.
I am looking forward to hearing from you in order to settle the matter.
veronika.fajcikova@buddhabarhotelprague.com
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I've done a huge amount of travelling and this is without doubt the best hotel I've ever stayed in, simple as that. I spent 4 nights here at the end of March and loved every minute. The design is fantastic, everything looks wonderful - even down to the floor illuminated door numbers for the rooms (the corridors are all really dark and quiet, it looks amazing).
The room was beautiful: A small lobby with a huge bathroom in front (And what a bath! And what a shower! And a TV in the mirror - brilliant!), a toilet off to the right (never had a remote control for a toilet before!) and a great bedroom to the left. It takes a while to just take in quite how well designed it all is - and being a sucker for technology I loved the 40" B&O TV, the cube coffee maker, drawer fridge and the numerous (4 or 5!) remote controls for lights and curtains and.. well 1 defeated me, no idea what it did!

It's just not like any other hotel I've been in, and the understated way the staff look after you just adds to the perfect feeling of high 5 star, first class quality. It's truly an amazing hotel, and should I be back in Prague again, there's no question I'll be right back here.

And if you go - make sure you take the lift down 1 floor from the lobby and open the plain black door in front of you - it's like walking into another world! Looking down from the balcony in the wonderfully dark Buddha bar over the double height restaurant is amazing :-)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mikeybyker
Dear guest,
thank you for your positive review. I would like to compliment your attention to detail and your ability to put your feelings into words. We focus on providing a high standard of service with a special emphasis on sophistication and atmosphere. We are more than happy when ours guests recognize and appreciate it.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed! I booked and prepaid everything before my trip and that was when the Volcano ash incident happened. I had to get off the plane in Moscow and so I couldn't cancel before the usual stipulated time. However, they told me I could come whenever I wanted and they would hold the reservation. The stay was perfect, the location is quite central and close to most attractions. The room was very luxurious and they have Budha bar music pre loaded in their Bang & Olufsen systems, so when you are not watching TV, you could have the music playing on the background. breakfast served in Sidharta cafe. And of course the star of the hotel is the Budha Bar itself. All in all, perfect stay! I stayed there in 2010 April. But had no option of selecting that, hence I selected 2011 April.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ajmba06
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear guest,
thank you very much for sharing your positive review and we are glad that at the end everything turned to be "splendid" (despite the Volcano ashes and flight cancellations).
We wish you great time during your travels and look forward to welcoming you back to Prague one day.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We went to Prague to celebrate our 17th anniversary. Having never been to Prague before we were unsure where to stay. We found BuddhaBar Hotel and it brought back fun memories of visiting the BuddhaBar Paris. We booked the hotel and everything was first class from the luxury car service at the airport to the beautiful orchids placed everywhere in our room. Nightly turn down service included gourmet chocolates and more orchids. Breakfast was a made to order delight with high quality items including fresh juices and fruit. The staff was always quick to help with any needs we might have.

The other beauty of the hotel is its location right in the heart of the old town area. We walked everywhere from the hotel and it was spectacular.

I would recommend this hotel without reservation. It was one of the best we've had the pleasure of staying at in our years of travel world wide.

Room Tip: The hotel is small and all of the rooms are huge by European standards. Wonderfully large bathrooms...