“great hotel in a great location of a great city”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Kings Court

Hotel Kings Court
Ranked #53 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Porto, Portugal
“great hotel in a great location of a great city”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Very good hotel!
Free wireless internet in the bedroom is very usefull.
Great location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
JOKCPRG, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review!

We are looking forward to seeing you at Hotel Kings Court soon!

Best regards from Prague,

Jessica Olschowka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have stayed in the hotel recently with my husband and we were very pleasantly surprised with service, location and amenities. Although we have stayed just for couple of days, we had great experience with all personals throughout our stay. We’d like to thank you all there and we can truly recommend this hotel when visiting Prague. The location was also superb as we were right in the middle of Prague with great transportation whether public transport or taxis. Thank you and see you again.

1 Thank znajemnik
JOKCPRG, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind review with the Trip Advisor community.

We are delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed our service, location, and amenities. Especially your kind comments about our personnel are greatly appreciated!

From our side we would also like to say thank you and see you again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I had amazing stay with my fiance. We heard so much about Prague and hotel King's Court was recommended to us by our friends. Everyone was very helpful and made our weekend really special. The hotel is right in the centre of beautiful historical Prague and if you like good breakfast, this is the place where you can count on good selection of all yummi things from czech and international cuisine. Rooms are very nice, big and clean. Thank you! We will definitely come back again!

• Stayed February 2012
JOKCPRG, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Dear valued guest,

We are very happy to hear that you and your fiancé had a enjoyable stay in Prague and at Hotel Kings Court.

It is always a great pleasure for us to make our guests' weekend special and it is very nice to hear that our staff, breakfast buffet, location and rooms did their part in creating a memorable weekend for you and your fiancé.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best wishes from Prague,

Rhodes, Greece
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We were for the second time in this hotel.last year we thought is good so we had one more reason to go there for our honeymoon.so we choose it for 3 nights and we send an email to inform them that we are in honeymoon so we do have a nice treatment.5 stars???haha must be kitting.we entered and tye lady in reception didnt even knew we were in honeymoon despite our mail.we informed them again and we hope that they gave us a nice room.unfortunattely they gave us an awful tiny edge room but we find there a champagne with a cake.we said how sweet.wrong there was an envelope for somene else who was celebrating yesterday his birtday.the room was nit even cleaned from yesterday.there was nothing for us.so we called them and asked if the room is cleaned and why there was this things there.they said its their mistake and they will solve it.they came take the things and go.the second surprise was in bathroom,we entered and it was full of creams in the table and te toilet uncleaned.we called them and asked them again maybe the room was not good.they send a cleaner and a man to move us in another room.we entered but the situation in bathroom still same.creams everywhere seems never be cleaned.i was so tired and nervous cause they destroyed our honeymoon allready so i tell my wife o ignore it and go for a walk.
In the night we wanted to go to a restaurant.last year they had cars private who take you where you like(paied) but the receptionist informed me that this year there is not in night.so he rang a taxi and the taxi driver took us same price with the limos.on the return we called taxi from the restaurant and we paied the 1/3 for the same trip.
In the night its true there is not many people who work in hotel.
The last day we returned tired to have some sleep in 1600 but ubelievable the room was not cleaned yet.rediculous allnthe five stars have two room service one until two oclock so you can have a rest in the afternoon and one in 1900 for night sleep.they didnt manage to make even one.so we tried to take arest and suddenly the cleaner in 1700 knocked the door for cleaning.i told her sorry i want to take a rest now why you came now and why the room is not cleaned yet?.didnt answered just left.
So i wrote to the manager an email to tell him all this things.when we were making the check out the receptionwoman called somewhere and one woman who was the manager of operations in the hotel came and told me that she just answered me in the mail that was very concered and wanted to meet me in close.so she talked me that they had meeting for my email.so i told her that this definitely not a five star hotel and that the service is rediculous.so she told me will you visit us next year again,i say no ofcourse not better stay everywhere else than here.and that was she told us sorry and she left.she didnt make any effort even in the last time to fix this thing.maybe that how they thing in czech only close and not in future.cause the customer support a bussiness and with customer money moves everything.
Dont satisfied even with the manager of operations cause she just told us sorry.sorry???but my honeymoon wont return with a sorry,time is by and we had a bad expierence.
I will suggest everyone visiting prague to avoid this hotel.there 33 five stars otel in prague and everywhere is centrally located cause prague is small town.or better stayed in 3 or 4 stars cause up and down this hotel is in this category

4 Thank savvas189449
TeresaMattos, Operations Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear valued guest,

I am sorry to read that even though you had comments in the end of your stay and we personally met yesterday morning, you did not give us the chance to investigate and send you a personal respond before sharing your experience with other travellers.
I had received your email with the comments on the 22.2.12 at 23:40 and I met you yesterday morning 23.2.12 at 9.00 when you were just leaving the hotel. In this short time we were not able to solve your points and as I told you during our short meeting we were just going to discuss everything in our morning meeting. I did mentioned that I am concerned about the employees performance described on your email and that it is a shame that you are leaving so early because I was hoping to compensate you the disapointment (since your accommodation was prepaid by Travel Agent, you had not got any extras charges on your bill and therefore I could not offer any discount neither a refund). You assured me that you only wanted to share with me your experience (nothing else about the service was pointed), which I really appreciated. When I offered you the return visit to our hotel, I offered you as well to contact me directly to make sure that your next visit will exceed your expectations and you accepted this (without any note of sarcasm). We talked about your honeymoon trip, your next city to visit - Rome - before going home and we agreed that I will inform you via email about the follow up. During the farewell you and your wife seemed to me satisfied. Therefore I am quite shocked reading now your statement above.
After detailed investigation let me reply to your comments:
1. Room allocation – my colleagues at the front office (despite the fact that the hotel is running a high occupancy) made all efforts to allocate you an executive room (upgrade from the deluxe room booked).
2. Arrival and welcome - due to our records your arrival to the hotel was at 11.43 am and my colleague Jessica (assistant Front Office Manager) congratulated you to your honeymoon, welcomed you back in our hotel and informed you about an upgrade from deluxe to executive room.
3. Room enter and treatment - there was a treatment for a different guest (celebrating birthday on day of arrival) placed in the room and since Jessica changed the room to be able to accommodate you immediately and room service waiter was not fast enough to change the treatments. This is not up to our standards and you should be given the room only after the treatment was replaced. While moving your belongings our porter Lukas brought your welcome treatment (bottle of Bohemia sekt) to the new room.
4. Room move – at 12.10 you called to the reception that you do not like the room and my colleague Filip offered you immediately a new executive room.
5. Room cleanliness - I can assure you that both executive rooms given were perfectly clean, what you call "dirty" are white stains on the bathroom marble made by chemical cleaning. We are continuously changing the marble room by room.
6. „In house rooms“ cleaning - as in many other five star hotels we have cleaning time scheduled till 4 pm. If you prefered to have the room ready in the morning, the best way is to leave the "clean the room" card on the door or to inform the reception about it. Our housekeeping department would be more than happy to clean the room on the time suitable for you.
7. Hotel limousine - hotel still provides hotel limousine service and you should be offered one by receptionist. Please be so kind and let us know how much the driver called by our employee charged you and we will be more than happy to refund you the amount paid to your credit card.
8. Problem solving to your satisfaction – I really regret that you had not contacted a hotel managent earlier than on your departure day in order to be able to fix the problem as well as be able to offer you during your stay a compensation. I am sorry to learn that management immediate response, apology and follow up offered did not satisfied you at all.
I am really sorry that despite our employees effort we were not able to meet your expectations.
We are feeling that rating our hotel so low is an unfair solution.

Best Regards,

Teresa Gibim de Mattos
Ness Ziona, Israel
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The stuff was very helpfull, the location was great - close to all the interesting sites (historical & shopping ) & right next to the metro. It was also very easy to get there with the express bus from the airport - it has a stop at the Republic square - 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Breakfast was great, the room very comfortable, a good value for money :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
JOKCPRG, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear valued guest,

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your nice review with the travel community.

We are happy to hear that our staff, location, breakfast and room comfort pleased you.

Thank you very much from the entire Kings Court Team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Paris, France
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Nice room but what a shame to have a small duvet.
During the night you get cold because the duvet is not big enough and your feet are out.
Coffee machine did not work properly.
The restaurant service is ok but not worth a 5* hotel.
Nevertheless, the breakfast buffet is great.
I would recommend this hotel for its location, but only with a special offer.
I'm myself a professional of the hotel industry (Manager of 17 hotels in France), and would consider this hotel for a good 4 star, with improvement to plan.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
TeresaMattos, Operations Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback to other travellers.
I am happy to hear that there were aspects of your stay that you have enjoyed, like our great buffe breakfast, location of the hotel and cleanliness of the rooms.
I am sorry that you could not enjoy the perfect sleep experience due to a small duvet and I would like to assure you that if you would stay with us in a near future you will not have the same problem, since we are planning to change actual single duvets to a double duvets in all our rooms.
Please be assured that your professional feedback is very important to me and I would like discuss your points with you at your convenience. Please feel free to contact me directly any time by telephone on +420 224 222 888 or by e-mail at operations@hotelkingscourt.cz

Best Regards,

Teresa Gibim de Mattos
Beveren-Waes, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This hotel has not only a good location it simply has everything. Excellent service, the staff helps you in a friendly way with everything you need. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. With spa , fitness , swimmingpool and good restaurant you have everything you need for a wonderfull stay. I also liked the small attentions like fruit one day, strawberries with chocolate the other day.
It was not my first visit to the hotel and it will not be my last, i would recommand the hotel to everybody.
And if I do have to make a slightly negative remarke it would be that sometimes there is not enough room for everybody with breakfast. This is mostly around 9-9.30 when everybody seems to want breakfast. So around that time you have to wait a bit outside the restaurant untill there is a table available.

But the breakfast itself it great !!

This hotel is just excellent and i wish to compliment the complete staff for making my stay that much better.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
JOKCPRG, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear valued guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to publish your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear that you again enjoyed another stay at Hotel Kings Court and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Thank you also for your improvement point with regards to the occasional line at breakfast. We are continuously working on improving our services and hope to be able proove ourselves to you in the near future.

WIth best regards,