1,994 results
All reviews thai massage quiet street old town great hotel minute walk comfortable beds recommend this hotel nice breakfast walking distance the breakfast area visit prague reception staff on foot small hotel city centre jewish quarter mini bar
Reviewed January 2, 2012

When I was searching for a Prague hotel the first thing that caught my eye about the Moods Boutique Hotel was the amazing external lighting in the photograph which I expected to see as I arrived at the hotel. Alas, this was just for the brochure and was a little disappointing not to see in reality. However, once inside the hotel my friend and I were warmly welcomed by an extremely helpful receptionist who, without being prompted, handed us an array of information on what to do in Prague and made sure we knew exactly where we were on the map. The hotel is very stylish - well designed and tres chic. The room itself was very cool - colour changeable mood lighting above the bed and a modern, classy design. The first evening we went to the bar and ordered from the room service menu - steak and fries - but alas they had failed to mention the PEANUT, yes PEANUT, sauce served on the steak. Thank goodness I am not allergic to peanuts, I just don't like them, but this seemed like a pretty serious omission from a menu. We told the front of house staff who duly noted this and said they'd credit our bill. One of the wardrobe doors broke on the first night, was swiftly repaired, but then broke again. We thought housekeeping would notice this when cleaning the room as you would have to shut the door to get through but it remained out of action. No mirrors in the room - only in the bathroom which was frustrating! No hair conditioner provided, just shampoo. Towels were always taken away but not always replaced (we were only given bath towels, no flannels and hand towels on our last night). My friend and I paid for a room upgrade which included (paper-ish) slippers, dressing gown, extra space in the room and a 20 minute Thai massage (no pillow menu to be found!). WARNING - the massage is VERY full on and I found it quite painful. Definitely not for the faint-hearted! Furthermore, not wanting to sound like a prude, but being asked to strip from the waist up in front of the masseuse without being given a towel or a robe was a little intimidating! However, and this is a big however, on the whole the staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble. The family who own the hotel laid on fizz and nibbles on the afternoon of new year's eve and were absolutely delightful - really keen to thank us for staying in the hotel and extremely warm and friendly. We were also left a box of truffles in our room, along with the invitation for the new year's eve soiree, which was a really nice touch. Breakfast was always excellent - a large selection of hot and cold foods that was constantly topped up. Hotel is also in a great location - very easy to walk into the centre from here. So... would recommend the hotel in terms of great staff, cleanliness and appearance but perhaps ironing out a few niggles would enhance it (including a warning about the peanuts and massage!!!).

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Lizzie-Lucy
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This hotel was very welcoming and helpful. Great decor, very clean. The staff reccomended us places to visit, eat and helped us with public transport. Always a smile. Great location - central - walking distance to everything however not on the main path therefore quiet. The beds were amazing! Did not want to leave the room! Breakfast was also good - mixture of continental and cooked from 6am - 11am. Take the public transport to and from the airport - no need for taxi's. Beware what items you put in the waste basket, I got charged for items from the mini bar which I actually brought from the local shop. However this issue was sorted straight away. Would definitely stay again. Thanks guys :-)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank enicho89
Moodsmanager, General Manager at MOODs Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Dear client, thank you for your time to write a review with all the compliments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and also Haestens bed.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

My wife stayed here on business a year ago. A year later, I came with her on business again. I booked elsewhere but she said PLEASE book Moods. You'll understand. Like her, I travel alot for business. She's right and so are all the other great reviews. Bottom line - great location - great massage - great breakfast (request the pancakes). Best BED. You will understand why.

Room tip: corner rooms
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank XciteAdvertising
Moodsmanager, General Manager at MOODs Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Dear client, thank you very much for so nice review and all the compliments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

During the trips I had to stay in hotels of different classes, and last year I was fortunate enough to visit and of course your wonderful hotel.
In his review of your book, I want to say that was pleasantly surprised by your professionalism in customer service. Your staff is matched perfectly, today it is difficult to collect so many nice and friendly people in a team where everyone set aside their pride of place.
From the first until the last minute and stay with me always a thought that is the perfect place to relax from the cares and concerns.
Everything is done with taste from the facade and interior decoration finishing, one can see that working here are true professionals.
Your hotel is very suitable to your clean and comfortable city.
On this occasion I want to thank your leadership and you personally for the excellent arrangements a few days of my life.
I would recommend this hotel to all your friends and colleagues.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear client, thank you for your time to write such nice review about hotel. We are very happy that we could made your stay special and that you enjoyed. We hope to welcome you soon back.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Very cool hotel. Cleanliness was impecable and staff were both professional and very friendly. would definitely recommend this hotel to friends going to prague. good location too - near enough to main areas but far enough to have some peace! thanks especially to Petr

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear client, thank you for the review and the compliments about the hotel and staff.