“Mixed feelings”

MOODs Boutique Hotel
Ranked #63 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I have to say, I expected more from this hotel. Don't get me wrong, it was nice and quirky, but I paid for a room upgrade which should have included slippers, a dressing gown, extra space in the room and a 20 minute Thai massage (I'm not sure what the 'pillow menu' is but we didn't have one). Unfortunately the slippers and robes weren't in our room. We called reception and they brought them up to us... two hours later!
The room was very small and cramped which was a shame, I even checked with reception that we were put in the correct room (he said we were but who knows)!? As we were there for 4 days, it would have been nice to have a bit more space.
The thai massages were very firm but were very nice and it was good to have these included in our booking.
The beds, as most people have mentioned were extremely comfortable! Very nice indeed and the mood light over the bed was a nice touch.
I found the breakfast to be somewhat limited. I only found out on the last day that you could order extras (there was no menu on the tables, I just saw someone else do it) as I was vegetarian, it was nice to be able to order pancakes on the last day - but would have been better to know it was possible from our first day!
All in all, we enjoyed our stay but I expected a lot more. I don't think I would go back if I visited Prague again.

1  Thank silvervexcebo
Moodsmanager, General Manager at MOODs Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Client, thank you for your review. We are very sorry that we did not met your expectations and that we did not have any information during your stay that you are vegetarian, we would be preparing special menu for you even on the breakfast you can find also the vegetarian food. The staff at the hotel is always prepared to help. I do apologize that it was forgotten to prepare the slippers and bathrobes on your arrival. Thank you for the compliments regarding the bed and we do hope that during your next travel to Prague you will give us a second chance and we will welcome you at hotel Moods again.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed in Moods for two nights last week. Service was excellent and friendly. Room very high spec and loved the modern look. Bed was amazing, neither of us are fans of feather pillows but still had great nights sleep. Buffet breakfast both mornings were excellent with lots of healthy options. Got treated to a thai massage one of the mornings. Walking distance to old town. Highly recommend a visit, comfy affordable place to stay in Prague

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

me and wife spend there 2 nights. Hotel is located in quiet neighborhood, walking distance to all old Prague. Rooms are small but equiped very good, with hastings bed, ambi lights, a lot of small designer touches. Breakfast was good, staff young and helpful, just they dont smile (but later I realise that a lot of Chehz don´t). So thatś way I rate them just very good, otherwise I would gave exellent. I think that on next visit, Iĺl stay here again.
I forgott to say that massage was good, eating and drinking in centre is pricey and dont change any money in centre, becouse they have a huge commision, some kind of scam.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Just back from a week end at the Moods i suggest it ti every one who want to spend some days in a modern fashion hotel, clean and confortable.
The hotel is just rive minuta from the heart of Prague.
Our room was not really big but well organized and with all conforts. Breakfast good.
The staff young and really at your disposto every rime durino the day.
really a perfect experience

1  Thank Roberto L
Reviewed 24 January 2012

i stayed there three times on my recent trip to czech republic.

each check in was fast, polite and accommodating.

great thai massage, and all the personnel went out of their way to make it a pleasure.

i highly recommend it. elliott
ps i never write a review. just had to

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Moodsmanager, General Manager at MOODs Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear Client,

thank you for the review and all the compliments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

This hotel is pretty new and has a pleasant atmosphere. A relaxing place. The staff is young and very helpfull and kind. The check in was excellent, many tips about prague and some do's and true don'ts. The room was more as good, comfortable. Yet a little bit small but I suppose that is the trade off with a city hotel. Initially we were a bit doubtfull about the location since it is not located in the hart of the city. Yet, the subway is located at a 5 minutes walk but most of the times we walked to the centre; just 15 minutes max. Add the wonderful breakfast with many different warm baked types of breads, fruits, yoghurts, eggs, sausages and much more. A hotel that is worth recommending.

Dear Client,
thank you very much for your time to write the review and all the compliments to staff at the reception. We are very happy that you had relaxing time with us.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

My stay at MOODs Hotel was a very pleasant experience. The hotel is located on a quiet street of Prague, at the heart of the city. However, it is very near to the tourist attractions - it is just a 5-minute walk from the famous Old Town Square and a 10-minute from the Karluv Most Bridge. The hotel impressed me with its very unique design. The staffs were extremely nice and helpful. I think they have really put in extra effort to make the guests happy and this personal care experience is what I don't usually get during my stay at other hotels in Europe. My room is very creatively designed with the amazing colour lights which you can adjust to bring you different feelings and moods. I had great 3 nights of sleep thanks to the Hasten bed, which I believe is the best bed in the world. The breakfast were very good, too. There were a wide variety of choices I can choose from. Moods has made my trip to Prague very pleasant and I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Moodsmanager, General Manager at MOODs Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Dear client, thank you very much for writing us so nice review about hotel and service. It was a pleasure for us to make your stay as best as possible. We are looking forward to welcome you soon back.