Review Highlights

GO TO THE OPERA INSTEAD.

Reviewed January 17, 2016
Fidelscastrol
Manila, Philippines

Recommended experiences in and around Prague
from US$72.20
from US$25.40
from US$26.30
from US$41.10
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 6, 2017

When we visit this museum it was closed but on the wall there was a sign with opening hours as usual, but we looked inside through the gate and it was dead inside......so that was sad, Tripadvisor need to take this away as it seem to be permanent.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Conny T
Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

Walking quite a long distance from metro and realising the museum is closed. There was no announcement or any notice on the door. We walked around, gave up and went home. Please have your website updated if you plan to be closed on Sundays!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed March 25, 2017

A few people have mentioned how difficult and far from the centre, Bertramka is. There is no need at all to get an expensive taxi.... Simply get tram #9 outside the National Theatre, going over the river in the direction of Rely. Get off at the stop "Bertramka" and walk for a few minutes, it's really easy.

The building may be a little "run down" and in need of TLC, but it is worth going for a short visit.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed September 22, 2016

I have to agree with other reviews that I read about this museum, but we were determined to see it. The attendant told us that many items (not available) due to some Court Cases suing for possession but her English was limited, so not sure we actually understood. Even with what they did have though, I think a little Mozart music could have improved our experience there. Not as much English translation as I would have liked either. I could certainly visualize Mozart there visiting the Dusek family in very peaceful surroundings and doing his work. It is tricky to find though, but for us that made it even more memorable. We were warned not to go up the steep path through the woods, but as we insisted we could manage, the lady told us to watch for the 5 steps on the right which would then lead us through athletic (soccer) fields, to a long, winding path down through the woods. Lucky for us a very, very nice woman walking her dog, walked us all the way down to the entrance. We enjoyed our lunch (which we brought with us) sitting, listening to the birds, and being thankful for Mozart. We were the only ones there! Seems to have such potential!

Date of experience: September 2016
3  Thank Varcsix
Reviewed January 17, 2016

The first time I visited Praha I was very impressed. It is a beautiful capital. Being a fan of Mozart's Requiem Mass, Clarinet concerto, the odd piano concerto and sonata I felt I better pay my respect as I was informed that Mozart actually died here. If you can imagine his ill health and decay in his latter years then Bertramka, it kind of makes sense. To be honest there is not a lot here to actually look at. I had the good fortune to listen to an excellent production of Don Giovanni at the Estates theatre in town, where it was first performed. 5*. Don't waste your time coming here. There is so much to see and listen to in the centre of Prague...Scratch a Czech....

Date of experience: August 2015