“Went two nights in a row”

Restaurace U Labuti
Ranked #258 of 6,138 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hradčany & Letná
Reviewed October 13, 2018

Our group of 4 unanimously felt this was the best food we ate whilst in Prague. Best in terms of quality and also price - we paid more in other places which were not as good.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

The service was very good and the food was great (We ordered the schnitzel and fish fillet). Very classic and quite restaurant.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

We four arrived at a busy lunch time, hungry & needing the restroom. The server abruptly said "30 minutes" and gestured for us to leave by throwing up his arm towards the door. I asked could we use the washroom while waiting? "No" was the response. "20 Koruna".
"OK" I said, "do I pay you?"
"No, outside, outside, up the hill, 20 Koruna" was the reply.
"But", I protested, "my friend has gone already and we are going to eat here". I started to walk towards the washroom and he yelled "Madam! Out". So I left.
When my friend came out of the washroom the waiter said to her "Get outside!". Given that lack of interest in customer service, I cannot imagine how anyone could have a positive experience eating there.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

A stones throw from Prague Castle. As with many places in Prague, there is so much more once you step trough the door. We sat in the outdoor courtyard, give us some shady relief from the hot sun! Very private and quiet, the staff are milling around and attentive when needed, but otherwise, we were left to sit as long as we wanted. We had lunch and coffees - it was a struggle to make the decision to finally get up and carry on our sightseeing. A very nice way to spend time relaxing.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We’ve just stopped off for lunch here and it’s just what we needed after hustling our way through the crowds of fellow tourists in Prague for the morning. Located literally a two-minute walk behind the palace, the restaurant is set in a little courtyard that offers a welcome respite for those who have battled their way through the crowds up to and around the palace.

The four of us between us had the pork neck with (delicious) pickled cabbage and local-style dumplings, goulash, pork schnitzel, and salmon pasta. The food was brought out very quickly - which is always welcome when you’re hurrying around tourist sights - but was a superb quality. The local Chardonnay was excellent, as was the dark lager.

Well recommended - we’re certainly glad that we stopped here instead of one of the packed out eateries on the hill up the palace.