Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Ta Fantastika Black Light Theatre
from US$31.21
More Info
from US$25.43
More Info
All reviews lewis carroll box office beautiful music charles bridge actors stage blacklight nudity workshop mime techniques props wonderland illusion auditorium abstract masterpiece
Reviewed July 13, 2017

The older man who promotes the show on the street outside the venue works hard to capture passer-by interest. My wife enjoyed the show because it was different and I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation (once I stopped trying to figure out how the show was technically done). And, I was rewarded at the end of the presentation when it was revealed to the audience --and in a humorous way, how the 'behind-the-scenes' support work is done. This show is recommended if you want to spend an hour or so watching a fantasy unfold involving people, props and black light!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 12, 2017

It's an interesting hour with a twist of an interactive session at the end but it is overpriced for what it is and there are other companies offering similar, so shop carefully.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 2, 2017

Ta Fantastika is a genuine example of traditional black theatre, which goes back even to ancient China. Yet modern Czech black theatre is strongly connected to one of the most influental and innovative stage designers of the 20th century Josef Svoboda, and many others, who were involved in the development of this phenomena. Most famous example being the victorious Czechoslovak pavilion at the Expo in 1956 in Brussels. Ta Fantastika follows this tradition with the mood of the golden days of Black Theatre in Prague. Its shows are connected either to the well known Prague stories and places, like in the "Aspects of Alice", or with the fundamental principles of black theatre and visual site in the "Light Art Show".

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank archmichaldvorak
Reviewed June 23, 2017

Aspects of Alice was wonderful!
It was beautifully artistic and a thrilling experience to be a part of. I was new to the idea of black light theatre and was hesitant to spend my money on the show (it was not expensive, but I am a student). I am so glad I did! It was such a treat; a live show, a movie, a story, an interactive experience, and just a beautiful masterpiece.
During the show there is the opportunity to fly on the flying machine. Unfortunately, I was in the back and could not be seen to be picked. However, after the show I mentioned how curious I was about the flying machine. One man, I do not remember his name but he was tall and very friendly, he took me backstage and hooked me up to the machine. The entire cast came out to say hello to me and were very welcoming. The stage crew even suited up again to hoist me into the air! It was so fun!! It's an experience I will never forget!
Go to this show! Anyone from age 0-100 will enjoy this show!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed June 9, 2017

I came late. I thought I've missed the last show. But They had one more show at 21:30. The people in the entrance were so nice. I told them it is my last day in Prague and they allowed me to enter and see the magic. I entered a different world. A cartoon made of real people on stage. They were flying, becoming fish in the ocean, Juggling slowly, and more and more.
In the end, the actors did a 15 minutes workshop with the audience, demonstrating in them part of the effects the used.
A fantastic experience!