“Disappointing ”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$31.58*
and up
Aspects of Alice - Black Light Theatre Ta...
Ranked #21 of 149 Concerts & Shows in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The ROYAL Theatre presents an original one man comedy show starring Tomas Vanek, an outstanding musical actor 100 % IN ENGLISH ( Basic English, very easy to understand ) In this unique and interactive show, Tomas Vanek will teach you how to eat, drink, sing, dress, dance, love … and laugh like a true Czech! Keen to learn something about the Czechs…but too afraid to ask? How and why do people drink beer, what’s going on with that sandal and sock combo and who exactly is Karel Gott? French native Jean Christophe Gramont, the man behind in the play, didn’t know either when he first arrived here 14 years ago. Now he’s decided to write a play about his journey towards becoming a Czech Don’t miss this unrivalled show set in the wonderful surroundings of the original 1929 ROYAL Theatre Bonus : come and discover our original pop up expo: how to become Czech in 1 hour . Come before the show or stay after and discover our unique bar ranked amongst top 6 bars in Prague by ELLE magazine
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

It could've been fun if it were 15min long but it becomes repetitive and boring after a while. I haven't seen performances in other theaters, may be they are more interesting.

Basically, black light theatre is a one-trick pony. It needs to be clever and creative to hold visitor's interest. I don't think this particular show does it well.

It's not clear who is the intended audience. The first half would be fun for young kids but the second half is adult in nature.

The best part is the last few minutes when they show how black light theater works.

My recommendation - try a performance in another theater.

All reviews
"characters"
in 6 reviews
"session"

Reviewed July 13, 2017

The older man who promotes the show on the street outside the venue works hard to capture passer-by interest. My wife enjoyed the show because it was different and I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation (once I stopped trying to figure out how the show was technically done). And, I was rewarded at the end of the presentation when it was revealed to the audience --and in a humorous way, how the 'behind-the-scenes' support work is done. This show is recommended if you want to spend an hour or so watching a fantasy unfold involving people, props and black light!

Reviewed July 12, 2017

It's an interesting hour with a twist of an interactive session at the end but it is overpriced for what it is and there are other companies offering similar, so shop carefully.

Reviewed July 2, 2017

Ta Fantastika is a genuine example of traditional black theatre, which goes back even to ancient China. Yet modern Czech black theatre is strongly connected to one of the most influental and innovative stage designers of the 20th century Josef Svoboda, and many others, who were involved in the development of this phenomena. Most famous example being the victorious Czechoslovak pavilion at the Expo in 1956 in Brussels. Ta Fantastika follows this tradition with the mood of the golden days of Black Theatre in Prague. Its shows are connected either to the well known Prague stories and places, like in the "Aspects of Alice", or with the fundamental principles of black theatre and visual site in the "Light Art Show".

1  Thank archmichaldvorak
See more reviews
Reviewed June 23, 2017

Aspects of Alice was wonderful!
It was beautifully artistic and a thrilling experience to be a part of. I was new to the idea of black light theatre and was hesitant to spend my money on the show (it was not expensive, but I am a student). I am so glad I did! It was such a treat; a live show, a movie, a story, an interactive experience, and just a beautiful masterpiece.
During the show there is the opportunity to fly on the flying machine. Unfortunately, I was in the back and could not be seen to be picked. However, after the show I mentioned how curious I was about the flying machine. One man, I do not remember his name but he was tall and very friendly, he took me backstage and hooked me up to the machine. The entire cast came out to say hello to me and were very welcoming. The stage crew even suited up again to hoist me into the air! It was so fun!! It's an experience I will never forget!
Go to this show! Anyone from age 0-100 will enjoy this show!