“Great service and suite”

Hilton Prague Old Town
Ranked #93 of 649 Hotels in Prague
London
“Great service and suite”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We enjoyed a fabulously decadent time at this hotel. The staff were all fabulous - engaging, attentive and fun! Suite was a little tired, but housekeeping super with lots of treats everyday. Location just PERFECT for exploring the city on foot. Totally recommend for a city break.

Room Tip: Floor 9 best - access to exec lounge (on 8), but no foot traffic in corridor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic, and for sharing your experience with us.
It was indeed a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and very nice to see that our Team Members and overall quality of the hotel contributed to your positive experience.
I very much hope, we will have opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Kindest regards
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Really enjoyed the train ride down from Berlin through the Elbe River Valley. Hiring a taxi at the Central Train Station was a bit dodgy, though. The gentleman who was in charge (sort of) of the disjointed "taxi line" first quoted CSK700 for a trip to the Hilton Prague Old Town. But my wife quickly got him to CSK500. We had to confirm the price with the driver (who did not appear to speak English), but there was no problem after that.

The staff at the Hilton Prague Old Town is possibly the friendliest, most helpful we've ever experienced at any Hilton or any other hotel. The front desk staff, led by Katryn (?), the deputy manager, and Milos were just terrific in getting us rooms that were both upgraded (we have Gold level status) and adjoining, so that we could be next door for the kids. Adriana in Executive Lounge also went out of her way to recommend tours, restaurants, and other activities. "Mike" was also great on the second day. These folks really want to make you feel at home in their city. And they do it without coming across as officious or ingratiating.

The hotel itself is very good, typical of a refurbished European Hilton (I think this was converted from the Renaissance Hotel). Rooms are clean and relatively spacious. Pleasing decor and interior design through out. My only knock is that the Executive Lounge is a bit small. There's plenty of liquor, wine, and good Czech beer, but we don't drink anymore. The food selection for breakfast and evening snacks is pretty limited. Likewise, the pool/sauna area is small and minimalistic, though clean and pleasant.

(The sign on the sauna door, complete with images, indicating bathing suits were prohibited in the small sauna, was a bit head-turning, especially since I was with my 12 year old sons while a beautiful lady or two came through the pool area. Ok, maybe I'm betraying my American-ness, but still, it was a little funny.)

The location of this hotel also is terrific, not on the busy squares, but just a brief walk away. But all the information about Prague not being cheap any more is true. The Hilton is not an exception. But I could recommend this hotel to anyone who can afford a mid-to-upper range hotel in this unique and beautiful city.

Room Tip: Room on the back face an ally.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for selecting again Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic, and thank you for sharing your nice and very detailed comments with us.
I am delighted to hear that you had a beautiful stay in Prague, that you enjoyed the hotel facilities, our rooms and its cleanliness, our small but fresh renovated spa and hotels central location (only few minutes away from the most famous touristic sites), and you were extremely satisfied with the service provided by our Team.
Thank you for mentioning Kristyna and Milos from Front Office and Adriana and Miki from Executive Lounge. I will proudly share your words with our Team Members, and I would like to ensure you that, our aim is to look after our guests with high level of service. Comments, such as yours, are of great motivation to the whole Hotel Team.
I am very much looking forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

With kindest regards,
new york, ny
Reviewed 6 April 2012

hotel is nice. easy to get to by public transport or the hotel shuttle for a fraction of the cost of a taxi. hotel location good, easy to get to old town!bedding, sheets, towels all top notch. good plugs in the room as well. breakfast in the restaurant just ok. too many people in the lounge for a decent breakfast. staff superior!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for selecting Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic, and thank you for sharing your comments with us.

It was indeed very nice to read you enjoyed your stay with us, our location, room facilities, breakfast and our Executive Lounge, and I am very much pleased to hear that our Team was friendly and helpful.

Please rest assured, that positive feedback such as yours is a great motivator for the Team, ensuring day after day we provide excellent "Hospitality" to our guests.

I thank you again for taking your time to share your comments about our property, and I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I recently attended a charity fundraising auction (28 March 2012) at the Hilton Hotel Old Town. This was my first time in the hotel since it became the Hilton.

From our entering, we were greeted by a friendly doorman and directed towards the Auction registration desk. I was impressed by not only the attentive waiters, but with food served, the wine and the overall set-up by the Hilton Hotel Old Town.

The auction was wonderfully done and a great success --- but in the "background", I have to give credit that it was so much more so because of the of the service and the environment created by the Hilton, the attentive staff and the very good General Manager - Mr. Luca Crocco.

I can recommend that if you are planning a large event or even a small dinner --- you would not be disappointed with a choice of venue as the Hilton Old Town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

On behalf of our General Manager Luca Crocco, thank you very much for attending the charity event fundraising “Husi kusy”, organised by Nadace Divoke Husy and Hilton Prague Old Town. The aim of this auction was to raise funds for the organisation Letni Dum, supporting young people leaving institutional care.

It was indeed a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the hotel and the event, and you were very happy with our hotel facilities and service provided by our Team Members. We are very proud of them and positive feedback such as yours acts for all of us as a great motivator. I will be more than happy to share it our entire Team.

I would like once again to thank you for taking your time to write your comments and for your recommendation and I am looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,

London
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We spent a long weekend here in March 2012. The city and the hotel and beautiful and are ideally located for each other, but what really made our stay extra special was the extra special service that we felt that we received from the hotel staff. From check-in to check-out and room service and Executive lounge staff (particularly) in between, the staff here really know how to make you feel special and take pride in their hotel and the service that they provide. The Executive Lounge (which provides free wi-fi) was particularly welcoming and very much appreciated by. The executive lounge staff led by Tereza were welcoming, professional and couldn't do enough for us. Needless to say, go for a room rate which offers Executive Lounge access. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Go for an 'Executive' room rate - well worth the extra.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for selecting Hilton Prague Old Town for your lonf weekend in Prague, and thank you for your very nice comments regarding your stay.

It was a great pleasure to read that you are very happy with our hotel, its location, and that you especially enjoyed the service provided by our Team Members in Front Office, Room Service, Tereza and Executive Lounge Team. I am very proud of our colleagues and departments who contributed to your pleasant stay, and I will be very happy to share your comments with them. I would like once again to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback, and I am looking forward to welcome you back to Prague in the near future.

Kind regards,

georgebird
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Pros:
Great location on the outskirts of old town, close to transportation and shopping.
Nice room with little mini fridge.
Large, clean bathroom.
Helpful, English speaking staff.
Good concierge.
Supermarket Billa is across the street for snacks.
Comfy bed.
Nice sitting area.

Cons:
No free wifi in room.
Smoking is allowed in lobby. Gross. This is the only place you can get free wifi, and so you get to breathe toxic smoke while you use it.
This is the kind of place where they charge you for every little thing. The bottle of water in the room is $8.
We were offered an upgrade to use the executive floor, which would include breakfast and cocktails, for the "very good price of only 60 euros per night." No thank you!

On the whole, this is a very nice hotel in an excellent location with good staff. I don't like the feeling of being nickled and dimed or being forced to inhale cigarette smoke, as I did at the hotel, so that is why I gave it an average rating.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam.
Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic and for taking the time to give us very detailed feedback regarding your stay.
It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you remained highly satisfied with our location, room and bathroom facilities and especially with the service provided by our Team Members. I will certainly share your positive comments with the entire Team.
However, I truly regret, that we failed to meet up to your expectations in regards to the smoking part of the lobby and prices of some of our services. I would like to ensure you that your comments are taken seriously and although we want also satisfy our smoking guests in a separate corner of the Bar area, we still offer no smoking in the main bar and restaurant, where we also offer free WI-FI. Regarding the prices of mentioned services, I can ensure you, that they are corresponding with prices of the same category hotels in Prague. However, taking into consideration your feedback we will be reviewing internet prices to make it more attractive to our guests.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future.

Kind regards from Prague,

Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here 2 nights in March 2012. Parking here is expensive - 39 euros a day!!!! But apparently that is typical of downtown Prague. The checkin was a mess, was given keys that didnt work the elevator, then given keys that were for our room, it took 3 trips to the front desk to finally get the right room. But, we had a king size bed, bathroom was good size with tub and shower and toiletries with hair dryer. It was a 5 minutes walk to Wensclas Square and maybe 10 minutes top to Old Town Square, Astronomical Clock, Tyn Church, etc. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby so long as you walk west out of the hotel. There is a subway stop at the hotel (Namesti Republicky) if you do not want to walk. Had a great stay here and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to the grocery and buy a bag of Lays Grilled Bacon potato chips. These are tremendous and need t...
2 Thank Bengals9
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,
Please accept my apology for issue with the room keys and how this was handled by my Front Desk Team. I will discuss your feedback with my Team in order to avoid such reoccurrence in the future. Our parking fee, as you mention is 30 EUR a day in line with the current pricing in the city centre.
It was indeed a pleasure to hear that you took advantage of our location and enjoyed your stay, and nice to see that quality of our rooms and facilities contributed to your positive experience.
I very much hope, we will have opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Kind regards