Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jonnytravelpants
Beverley, United Kingdom

Cracking place to stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 12, 2022via mobile
Wow! Simply excellent. The details.looked good on the Web and booking.com. They don't do it justice. Fabulous hotel. Lovely staff. Very pleased with it. Definitely recommend if you are looking for a quiet, characterful and welcoming Base. Bet it is great in a cold winter too.
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    C$174
    C$56
7.9 km from Romantik Hotel U Raka
Free parking
View more hotels in Prague
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

I used to walk by Romantik Hotel U Raka during my visits to Prague, and the year my father passed I decided to spend a little more for accommodations than I normally would pay and finally stay at what was once described to me as "typical architecture" in the Czech countryside (yes, staying at this hotel had become part of my bucket list). I absolutely love this hotel. I booked directly on the hotel website and there is a discount if you pay in cash. The surrounding neighborhood is serene and safe. Strolling at night along the cobblestone street with gas lamps lighting the way, you can wander among the historical buildings to Prague Castle and the breathtaking view overlooking the city. Take trams 22 or 23 from other parts of the city to the stops accessing U Raka (the shortest distance from the nearest tramstop does require walking a long stairway). The hotel feels secure and homey. A door connecting the courtyard to the street is unlocked by keys guests are given, and a security person is on staff overnight. My room had two floors with a bathroom, desk and chair on the 1st floor, and the bed and TV were on the second floor. I was able to write when at the spacious desk area, and I slept soundly upstairs - a few mornings even missing the included breakfast! I could have happily made this a second home! The history of the buildings, beautiful folk art, lovely garden, unique guest rooms, and friendly staff contributed to my wonderful stay. If you want to be in the middle of tourists and "the action," then stay elsewhere. If you are looking for a quiet, unique oasis nestled in a serene part of the city, tucked behind the Castle, Romantik Hotel U Raka is a hotel you should consider.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank michelelouise198
Reviewed December 26, 2019

When you can find a quaint, tasfully done little restaurant tucked away near the Prague castle, well, you're on to something a bit special. We luckily had the three table place all to ourselves. We were waited on by a lovely young man who was engaging and fun. The food selection is limited, but that does not detract from the quality of what was served. And it was served and prepared with care. Worth it on all levels.

Room tip: We enjoyed the cafe only.
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed December 6, 2019

Small hotel, quiet, nicely refurbished. Family owned and run. It is located close to the Royal Palace and St. George's Basiclica on the heights in the western part of the city. It is just a nice 30 minutes walk down to Charles Bridge that will take you over to the old city.
The breakfast at the hotel is sufficient and good, the beds are very nice, everythin is clean, staff friendly, what more can you want?
This is the very first hotel I have found where you actually can book a room with a fireplace AND A WELL! I had a smaller room without those facilities, but was still very happy. Book well in advance, the hotel is small amd popular. If I ever get back to Prague I will definetly book a room here!

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank rolfl45
Reviewed October 5, 2019

We stopped here for lunch after a walk from Mala Strana, we were able to sit in the garden, very peaceful, we both really enjoyed our meals and enjoyed the peaceful surroundings, very enjoyable dining experience.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

In a beautiful cobbled area of Prague, this lovely hotel gives you easy access to the centre whilst you’re snuggled away in these quaint and beautiful back streets and courtyards.
The staff are so warm & welcoming and the breakfast in their delightful restaurant was lovely, served on the most gorgeous china, with calm classical music in the background.
For a quiet, comfortable base in Prague, you can do no better in my opinion.

Date of stay: October 2018