Central Hotel Prague
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
Metamorphis(Prague)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold town squaregreat locationsmall fanfew minutes walkbasic hotelhotel barhot and cold dishescharles bridgewithin walking distanceclock towershort breakcity breakrecommend this hotelclean roomsthe main squareno air conditioningquiet side street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Fantastic place to stay, this was the first time I had been away by myself and it was a hotel which I felt secure in... not jumping every time someone walked past my door! It really was central 5 - 10 minute walk to everything. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2011

fantastic location approximately 2-3 minutes from the town centre
Room was clean but the heating was a little sporadic We were either too hot or too cold and could not alter temperature
Shower was good hot and well powered
Expected a double bed but two singles pushed together and with single duvets which were not the thickest .
Decor looks a little dated There are no hot drink making facilities People are allowed to smoke in the rooms which,coupled with being out at night with people smoking in the bars and restaurants makes the rooms smell of smoke
If you can get a cheap deal like we did, then book But I would not pay the price of 120 euros when we looked nearer the date of departure
Premier inns in England are far superior

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnanook
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I and my family stayed at the hotel for the last November weekend to enjoy Prague and to see the Cristmass tree when lights were on for the first time. The hotel is just a few steps from the Oldtown square, also very near to shopping possibilities in Kotva or Palladium shopping centers. All the famous Prague monuments are located just several minutes walking, which was great for my children (1 and 3 years) too. We even did not have to pay for them - children up to 6 years are free at the hotel. The breakfast was excellent, nice Cristmas decoration, seemed to me like new opened restaurant - bar. I attached photos. A big surprise for me was available computer incl. printer at free in the reception. We really enjoyed it very much. I can recommend it - perfect location at very good price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Just staying at the Central hotel, this time our favourite hotel on the Old Town Square was not available, so we decided to book Central because of the similar location. Everything is within walking distance - Old Town Square with the Christmas market which has just started last weekend - the whole centre of the city is listed on Unesco, not far to shopping malls and famous shopping street Pariska.
Rooms are simple but nice and clean, all with safe.
We very much enjoy their breakfast - wide selection of warm and cold meals, cererals, fruits, cakes, there´s nothing missing. Friendly staff, thank you. We will come back again very soon.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Visited as part of a Stag party in Oct 11. If you aren't bothered about hotel facilities and want somewhere that is functional, clean, cheap and central, here it is. Rooms (we had a twin) are small, but the bathrooms were surprisingly good.

Lift broke down, trapping my friend, so we had a good laugh at his expense, but he got out alright in the end.

Breakfast mediocre, decor non-existent but perfectly acceptable if you spend all day/night out in Prague city itself. If I return with my wife, it is unlikely I will stay here again, but for a group of lads it was pretty near ideal.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends