“Amazing!!!”

Ranked #40 of 649 Hotels in Prague
New York City, New York
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Great experience. Really nice hotel with comfortable room. Great service and breakfast. Great Location near everything!!!!
Price/ quality The best choice!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for a such a great feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your room, location, breakfast and the service.

Looking forward to seeing you again in Hotel Josef!

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We recently stayed in Prague at the Hotel Josef and it was one of the most pleasant hotel experiences of my life. Everything worked, staff were warm and welcoming, breakfast - wow!. I would return their in a second.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

we truly appreciate your kind feedback. Thank you for mentioning the staff and breakfast.

We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed here just after Christmas 2011 and there's not too much to be said. Everything about the trip was excellent, I asked for a city view room which was catered for, and was given a room to freshen up as we arrived early the first day. I wouldn't hesitate to return and would be unlikely to consider anywhere else. Book it and don't look back.

Room Tip: The iPod dock is quieter than an iPod speaker, don't rely upon it.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for your great review! It is a pleasure to know you had a nice Christmas in Hotel Josef.

I would be happy to let you know that we have new iPod docking stations in rooms now, so we will be waiting for you to come back and test the new sound quality.

Looking forward to your next stay,

Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We loved our stay at the hotel: free internet at the business centre, comfortable rooms, nice lobby, GREAT breakfast (in the garden!), with lots of choice and time... and most of all a very helpful and kind staff at the reception. You can walk easily to the many sites of Prague,enjoy a cocktail in the lobby... We took the Prague Airport Shuttle to and fron the hotel, which was very good, and we also booked them on a trip to Theresienstadt, very impressive!

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

let me thank you for such a great feedback!

I am happy you enjoyed breakfast and all the services Hotel Josef has to offer. Our staff is delighted to know you appreciate their work.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon in Hotel Josef!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I just returned from a 4 night stay, I could not have been more pleased. I need to begin in the beginning, the responses to my emailed questions prior to arrival were immediate. I had to change my reservation on short notice which was handled as if it were not at all difficult, though it might have been I was never made to feel it. Plus my early arrival was graciously accomodated. The hotel; located convenient to everything I wanted to see and do was spotless, modern, comfortable and boutique chic. My room had all the amenities one (or more) would need, wireless, sufficient outlets for electronics; I travelled with laptop, iPhone and Blackberry plus the hotel provided a top of the line docking station, plus mini bar, safe, variable lighting meaning bright enough to see anything or set for ambience. One most memorable attribute of Hotel Josef is the staff; attentive, friendly and thoughtful. I felt as though I was bidding friends goodbye when I left, and look forward to seeing them all when I return again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Nancy U
HotelJosef, Front Office Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Nancy U,

First off I would like to say that it was a pleasure having you stay with us here at Josef.
We understand how important it is for our guests to be able to have a room to relax in upon arrival, especially after such a long flight. I'm delighted that our staff were able to help you with your emails and requests. Also I'm personally glad you enjoyed our new style of Docking station. We feel at Josef that it's the little things that count.

As we were saying goodbye we all felt that it would not be the last time we would meet, so I would like to finish with a big thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the not to distant future.

Kindest Regards

John
Denmark
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed 3 night to celebrate anniversary with my wife and can´t praise this hotel enough....
Booked a Double Superior Deluxe - Glass - with breakfast and added a Hotel arranged "Intimate Couples package" as well which I HIGHLY recommend as well !!

Package included:
Vintage car ride - tour around Prag old town with personal tour-guide named Walter for apprx 1 hour - great tour !!!
Followed by private booked sauna for 1½ hour incl. Champagne & strawberries
1 hour massage for both of us at spa @ sister hotel Maximilian (300 meters from Josef only) -very very nice !!
Voucher of 1000 CZK to restaurant of our own choice (we used it for La Finestra In Cucina - see seperate review)
Vocher of 300 CZK to spend in Lobby bar

Everything arranged prior arrival by Uliana Ardeeva from Guest Relations - Can´t praise Uliana enough either - THANK YOU ULIANA - You and the rest of the staff made our trip very memorable !!

Everything at Hotel Josef is kept spotless and this is THE PLACE to stay when You´re in Prag - within walking distance of everything and Hotel arranges Airport transfer as well if required - priced at apprx 850 CZK (35 EUR) one way.
Breakfast super as well - buffet including everything + order from menu - omelettes made to order - smoothies etc etc etc...

Will 100% be back at Hotel Josef next time I´m / we are in Prag ! - Don´t look any further if You´re searching - this is IT !

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dinamarca
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Dear René,

thank you for your amazing feedback! It makes me truly happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time in Prague, celebrating your anniversary.

Let me thank you for mentioning the service, breakfast and, of course, an "Intimate package". We are personalising this service right now. And it is a delight to know that, after an email discussion concerning your preferences, we managed to create a package which truly pleased you.

I am looking forward to seeing you again in Hotel Josef!

Singapore
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel from 24 Jan to 28 Jan 2012.

We arrived at around 9pm and check with the hotel whether the restuarant open for dinner, the staff just replied no and we were also not told where to go for dinner.
The housekeeping instead of replenished the shower foam, she replenished the shampoo twice..
The service was bad!

The hotel bath towels in our room are worn out, with holes on it!!
This is the first time we have worn towels after staying in so many hotels, this is not
acceptable!!

Photo on hotel towel with holes :

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank usdisney
Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for your feedback. Let me sincerely apologize for what happened during your stay.

All your remarks were immediately taken into account by Housekeeping Management. All the towels in the hotel were checked. We will make sure an omission like that will not happen again.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in Hotel Josef!