“I will not recommend this hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of NH Prague City

NH Prague City
Ranked #147 of 667 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“I will not recommend this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have just returned from Prague on 2 days trip. We stayed at this hotel and I will not recommend this hotel to anyone because I have issues with honesty of the staff members. I forgotton my coat in my room and I checked out from my room. I remembered only about 3 hours after I checked out and went back to the room only to find my coat was no longer there. The hotel management was very defensive about their staff members. They have evidence to show there were 3 members who went into the room after I checked out but they insisted they were honest staff members who have worked with the hotel for 15 years. Instead, they gave me every possible reasons to have misplaced my coat when I did not even leave the hotel the whole time because I was attending a conference in the same building (therefore would not need my coat).

This is a coat of sentimental value and I am very disappointed with the service and integrity of the hotel service. I would encourage anyone with this unfortunate experience to share this in this website.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lxh
Mrazova, Front Office Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Mrs. Lim,
Thank you for your comments.
Once again, we would like to sincerely apologize for any possible inconvenience caused, however, we also would like to reassure you that the investigation of your coat’s disappearance was done to the absolute best of our abilities – all available camera records were checked, all staff involved was interviewed.
Since you have declined our offer to file a “missing item” report with the police, we are not authorized to take this investigation any further.
Please, do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.
We sincerely hope that you provide us with oportunity to restore your faith in our brand upon your future visit.
With kind regards,Helena Mrazova, Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The directions from the Metro was confusing, so took a while to find the hotel. Whe. We arrived we tried to check in, but they couldn't find our booking (a Groupon deal). The receptionist gave us a sales pitch on a city tour (a bit inappropriate). The room was ok, but near to the atrium/ lobby so was quite noisy. The housekeeping staff entered our room early (8am) on both mornings whilst we were still in there, then were very noisy talking and laughing in the corridor outside. When we were leaving we were told about a free shuttle to the metro which we booked for later in the day. When we arrived back to collect our luggage and catch the shuttle we asked where we should wait and was told by an abrupt member of staff that it wasn't running and her colleague who had booked it for us wasn't there and just walked off - not even offering to help!
In all, it was a clean, modern hotel with a good breakfast. Location was ok. It's just a shame the staff weren't more helpful... We'd love to go back to Prague. But don't think we'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid being close to the atrium/ lobby.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mrazova, Front Office Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear Guest, thank your for staying at the Mövenpick Hotel Prague and for posting your review. I'm so sorry to read we did not manage to meet your expectations, but nevertheless thank you for identifying areas for possible improvements. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. I hope this will not deter you from returning to our hotel in the future to check on our progress. Thank you very much. Best Regards Helena Mrázová, Rooms Division Manager
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

All in all this hotel is very good but I wouldn't use it again. Technically everything was alright. The room was very clean, bathroom was clean and my check in took less than 3 minutes. Breakfast was tasty with plenty of choice with a number of healthy full-grain breads. The reason why I didn't like the hotel is the decor that looks as if it wasn't updated since the communist times. The confirmation also mentioned that there was free internet but you can only get it in the bar and in a way you are forced top order something. No free internet in the breakfast area or reception area. I'm giving it 4 out of 5, taking 1 mark down because of the slightly misleading information about free internet (which was very important for me to have as a I was there for business).

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, I am very sorry to hear you were not fully satisfied with your experience at our hotel, but I would like to thank you for your feedback at the same time. It's important to know if there are still some areas we could work on and improve. I have forwarded your comment to my respective colleagues, so that we could take up corresponding measures. It would be great to see you at our hotel again to show you all our improvements. Thank you . Best Regards Helena Mrázová, Rooms Division Manager
Liberty Lake, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My family and I enjoyed a weekend at this hotel. The rooms, lobby, and restaurant are quite nice. The little tram up to the executive area is kind of fun for the kids. The walk to catch a streetcar or subway is not bad, maybe 10 minutes. It is not in walking distance of the old town, castle, etc.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mrazova, Front Office Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear Guest, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thankful for your positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Best Regards , Helena Mrázová, Rooms Division Manager
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Last week I had a business trip to prague, one of my favorite cities, the hotel is located in praha 5, in a modern area, few distance to a very nice mall, you find everything there, and you call eat there as well, last floor is full of different resturant, also the mall contain a very nice and professional spa, you have to try it.

The hotel is very modern, rooms are quite big, with the basics there, no luxury there, but you will fell it ok, the breakfast is very good, you will have a good selection of food items, reception staff is very helful.

I advise you to try the tourism tour, it is almost 4 hours, but you will have a tour to all historical places, the hotel is 30-45 minutes to praha 1/2 the best area in prague, where you can find all giveaways and have a local food in a small resturants there.

The hotel overall grade is very good, however I advise that they have to make special offer during winter as prices are quite high for this period of the year, however definte will go there again

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with our staff and services. This is going to be shared with them to encourage their further progress. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. We are looking forward to welcoming you again. With best regards, Helena Mrázová, Rooms Division Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Yes, this hotel caters for mostly for tours but I impressed that they can managed tours very well as we were in a tour and the check-in procedure was smooth and quick. The room was big for European standards and the toilet was clean and well lit. The room was equipped with TV and a safe and hair dryer. As a previous advisor commented, kettle is not available as in most of other European hotels. The heater seemed to work fine as we were comfortable in our PJs despite the cold weather outside. It is brilliant they also have a heater inside the toilet.
Breakfast starts at 6.30am and I must say, I am impressed with the variety and the quality of food they served. There are hot and cold choices with an array of beverages to choose from and not forgetting the Egg Station. Truly Swiss-made!
There is a cable car leading up to the upper part of the hotel which has a courtyard. I recommend going up once, but not during peak times.
There is a Tesco, 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel. If you wish to send postcards, there is a letter box just outside the hotel and you can purchase the stamps in the shop near the reception. The is also a money changing machine at ground floor.

Room Tip: We had a room at first floor, took the stairs to ground floor without needing to wait for the lift.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your positive review on Trip Advisor. All our team and I are delighted to have such a great feedback from you. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mövenpick hotel Prague. Best Regards, Helena Mrázová, Rooms Division Manager
Stuttgart
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

The hotel is about a 20 minute walk from the city, but don't let that deter you, as it is a very pleasant and safe walk The breakfast is great and the rooms are spacious and clean. Beds are comfortable and there is a kettle in the room, which is not common in may European hotels. The only downside is the smoking in the bar, but I understand that is not uncommon in Prague. All in all, very good value for the money and I would recommend it. Beware of overpriced parking at the hotel; park just below for free!

Room Tip: Try to avoid a front facing room, or you may hear the traffic form the tunnel - the trucks are parti...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mrazova, Front Office Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Dear Guest, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your review on our hotel, we are all pleased at the Mövenpick Hotel Prague, that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and in Prague as well. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon. With High Regards, Helena Mrázová, Front Office Manager