2,103 results
All reviews metro station swimming pool city centre busy hotel british airways big hotel superior room nice hotel special thanks recommend this hotel short stay hotel is situated public transport tea and coffee czech republic long weekend visit prague
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Very nice and clean hotel, friendly staff, food is nice
Good location, few minutes walk to the metro then 15 minute journey into city center
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a relaxing break

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Jan Hotels P, Manažer at Hotel Duo, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank You for your comments that are very important to us.

Your kind words are a great motivation for all of us to continue in our efforts to provide spotless services.

We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a great stay here! Lovely clean rooms with lots of extras. Better than a lot of out budget hotels and we got a great deal from Travel Zoo on this. People were so friendly and can’t do enough for you. Buffet breakfast was one of the best I’ve ever had to be honest. Plenty of food and drink to suit all tastes. It is a few miles out of the centre of Prague but there is a big metro station over the road so very easy to get in and out. About £10 for a 3 day ticket means you can hop on metro, trams and buses anytime you like! The hotel also has a pool, gym, sauna and bowling alley! Food and drink cheaper in the bowling alley than in main bar but main bar less than uk prices anyway. Brilliant low cost stay in a fabulous hotel. We would definitely stay there again! Enjoyed travelling in on the metro - so easy and efficient!
Prague is a beautiful place

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Lisa,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay and for the opportunity to accomodate you at Hotel DUO.

Your detailed review will surely be appreciated by other travellers.

We are looking forward to your next visit in the near future.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

The hotel room is very nice, good size, clean and very well decorated. The beds are firm and comfortable but the biggest problem is with the pillows. There are 4 pillows and all are too soft. It’s the only downside to the room.
The rest of the hotel is really good.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Yatinpatel1

Dear Yatinpatel,

Thank you for your nice feedback.

We hope that you liked the Czech capital and hospitality of its people.

Reviewed November 2, 2018

Large hotel in outer suburbs of Prague but only 15 mins from centre via the excellent Metro directly accross the road. Rooms are average size but very clean and comfortable with tea/coffee, and fridge which is ideal for your own bits and pieces. Breakfast is continental fair but very good quality and replenished often. Be aware though it does get very busy but we had no issues. Overall a very nice hotel and a relaxing stay.
Tip for the Metro. The small shop in the main station building sells various tickets. We bought 3 day passes at approx £12 each so fantastic value. To validate you MUST stamp them ONCE only in the little yellow box that you will see as you enter the platform. Once stamped they are valid for the period shown. DO NOT stamp them again otherwise they are invalidated. The tickets are also valid for the buses, the excellent tram system and the funicular railway that takes you up to Petrin Park

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lincoln,

Thank you for spending your time and sharing with other travellers as well as us your opinion on your recent stay at the Hotel Duo.

I hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed November 2, 2018

I used this hotel as part of a package with B.A. for 3 nights. I arrived a bit early and was greeted by a charming and very well turned out gentleman on the front desk, I think his name was Mohammed. He was very apologetic about my room not being ready but to be fair I had turned up before the check in time. He spoke good English, no doubt his own language (at a guess Arabic) and he even managed to deal with a German couple although his speaking skills weren't perfect he got the job done. My next pleasant surprise was the room when I did check in later, clean spacious, comfortable bed, TV and facilities to make tea/coffee. I should have had had a good nights sleep but was disturbed a few times by noisy guests who don't know how to close a door without slamming it! (Not the hotels fault I must add.) Breakfast the next morning was excellent, hot food, bacon, sausages and a home made bean concoction (delicious) not to mention cold meats, cheese, fruit, breads, pastries, cold drinks, coffee and much more. Breakfast time is quite long which is convenient - 6.30-10.30am. I had a quick look at the gym which looks well appointed with weights and a variety of cardio equipment and a swimming pool. The gym/pool can be used by guests free up until I believe 10.30am.

I don't think I met a member of staff that didn't speak English, even a young girl who was servicing the rooms understood enough to help with extra tea/coffee for my room. The staff were all very helpful and friendly with many speaking other languages besides English - German, Chinese etc.

Some may see the hotels location as being a negative but don't be put off. The nearby Metro station is about 3 minutes aways, you can't miss it as its the large white building with the white semi circular hoops over the top. You can either purchase tickets from the machines on the platform but be aware its coins only. Acting on advice from the hotel reception I visited the small shop on the ground level in the station building. I purchased a 3 day unlimited travel ticket which was valid on the metro, buses or trams. Its important to validate the ticket by inserting the portion with an arrow on it face up it into the yellow validation terminals at the edge of the platform, it'll print the time date on the ticket and you can then use it. If you don't and its checked its NOT valid.

One other bit of advice if you're visiting Prague - THE TRAMS HAVE RIGHT OF WAY EVEN WHEN YOU'RE ON A PEDESTRIAN CROSSING!!

1  Thank Ian L

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your recent stay and your detailed review that is surely appreciated by other travellers.

With pleasure we have read your comments on our hotel and we honestly believe your experience represents a true example of so many of our satisfied guests. We are very happy to read you have enjoyed our hotel in general.

We are all looking forward to host you in our Jan Hotels soon again.