“Great conference venue”

Hotel International Prague
Ranked #230 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Really interesting hotel built in 1951 in the Soviet era 'Socialist Realism ' style, great atmosphere, good food, attentive service, comfortable bedrooms with high speed internet access, fantastic view from the Sky Lounge on the 14th floor.

Some of the common areas, foyers etc look a bit drab and tired but all adds to the 1950's vibe! Check out the stonework relief above the entrance -heroic workers in the fields, armed soldiers working for the good of Mother Russia! Lots of interesting period detail elsewhere makes for a great stay.

Location-wise a bit far out of the city, although on a tram route that takes 25 mins or so into town.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
CPPrague, Manager at Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Dear guest,

let me thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for posting your comments on Trip Advisor site. We are glad to read you found our hotel to be an interesting place to stay at with great atmosphere and good services in overall. We are proud to be National monument of Czech Republic and it is great to know those unique architectonic factors are well perceived by our guests as well.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to looking after you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel International Prague

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We were booked into this hotel with a tour. The hotel was clean and very comfortable and offered great breakfasts. The room was fine and was pretty typical for European hotels. The hotel was on the tram line and you could easily get around the city from the front of the hotel. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating and helped with directions and the use of the transit system. We enjoyed the hotel and although it was not in the downtown part of the city it was convenient.

1  Thank PJBLTB

Dear guest,
Thank you for your stay at Crowne Plaza Prague and also for sharing your experience with us.
It is encouraging for our team to see you found our staff to be extremely helpful and also that our breakfast fully met your expectations.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to have you back at our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

we had high expectations for this place. this was the hotel booked by the touring agency that we contacted. I let my wife check things out for us before we left the states. According to her, the pictures of the hotel looked really good and there were a few good and bad reviews. Well, although pictures usually can say more than thousand words, well the pictures of this place were quite deceiving.
As we disembarked from our bus, we were told that this place was initially an office building created for the rest and recreation of military officers. Of course, I expected something quite nice. As I entered the lobby, I immediately noticed the old furnishings, the old decor etc. Maybe it was great in the time it was built, but certainly it is definitely outdated these days. Anyway, I still gave it a chance. I just thought that this was "old europe" and this is the way things are here. when we got to the room, I noticed that it was quite warm. I immediately contacted the front desk who sent a technician. When things were checked, they adviced me to simply open the windows since the air conditioning does not function in the winter months. I further inquired if it was ok to indeed open the windows to allow ventilation. I was a little reluctant to do this since there was sign on my window that said that I should refrain from keeping the windows open, since we could get insects and other nuisances into the room. At that point, it was getting quite hot, so I did as I was told. Interestingly, though one of our companions from the other rooms, mentioned that their air-conditioning was running just fine. We were only going to stay for 2 nights and most of the time were going to be out, so I just decided to let it go. One thing I've learned is to never leave it to my wife to check on things by herself. I could even give this hotel a lower rating, but since the staff was quite friendly, I'll just make them pass. Here's another tip, this hotel is quite a walk to the metro station. When I visit again, I'll definitely look for something closer to the action

1  Thank nikonos3

Dear guest,

I am glad we did have a chance to have you and your wife as our guest. Thank you also for posting your comments and sharing your opinions with us.
You are correct that our hotel was originally built (back in 1950’s) as a place for government and military visits and from there we got our exceptional and unique architecture and interior style. Our building is actually listed as a National monument of Czech Republic and that is why we always keep new furnishings in the style of this era. Even though our lobby and bar area is completely renovated we keep chairs, tables and sofas in similar art deco style. I am also truly happy to read your comments about friendliness of our staff.
Let me also express my regrets for inconvenience caused to your by technical problems with heating system. I will certainly address your comments to our Technical department in order to prevent such a problems in the future.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you at Crowne Plaza Prague in the near future.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed here a few evenings while on a tour. The exterior and lobby are gorgeous, although the front steps and the climb up into the dining area need safety rails. My husband lost his footing outside and was not injured, but certainly might have been. The same is true for the showers: which are small and treacherous. There was initial confusion and delay at check in and baggage delivery but otherwise the place was elegant and spacious. The neighborhood seemed fairly safe and there is a neat superlmarket nearby. The breakfast fare was just extraordinary: losts of choices and an array of freshness. Dinner was not as tasty but hotel food is never known to be gourmet. The sleeping room was very quiet and clean, although the twin beds were a little thin and uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Probably a room in the wings is a good choice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

first of all let me thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Prague as a place of your recent stay in Prague and also for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to read you had enjoyed your stay with us in almost every way. I will share your comments with our team members and address your recommendation to install safety rail alongside our staircase to our Technical department to find if there is and option how to improve in this area.
Thank you once again for your review and hope to have chance to welcome you back at our hotel.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stayed in the Crowne Plaza for 4 nights. We had training here last month. The hotel is really good for conferences/ trainings. The rooms are good, there is internet in the room (via cable) and free WIFI in the lobby. The restaurant is good, good food and good breakfast.

The hotel has large training rooms.

The only downside of the hotel that is on the border of the city. if you want to see more of Prague you have to take a taxi or use the tram (20 minutes).

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,
thank you for your recent stay with us and also for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor site. We are happy to read you had enjoyed your stay with us during your conference.
As you have mentioned internet connection in our rooms, starting next week we are going to implement also WIFI connection in another sections of our hotel including rooms.

Thank you once again for your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you at Crowne Plaza Prague in the near future either on the business or private trip.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

We chose the Crowne Plaza for a 2 night trip to Prague. This is a wonderful city and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit. I emailed the Hotel before arrival to ask for the best options to get to the Hotel from the airport. A very speedy reply was received detailing all the information I needed and more. I was also told in the email that we had been upgraded to a Club Towers Suite which was fantastic news. We chose the Bus option from the airport as this was the cheapest, as well as being a very easy option. On arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist, who went out of her way to explain things and gave us the keys to our room. The room was great with stunning views across the city. It was very spacious, clean and comfortable. We had booked a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast package and were given a voucher to eat in the Harvest Restaurant. The Club lounge on the top floor was also great. Offering free wine and beer in the evening, soft drinks and coffee along with free wifi access at all times. After our visit to the lounge we went to the restaurant for dinner only to be told that it was closed for a private function and we would have to eat in the bar. We were presented with a bar menu with very limited choice. Certainly not the three course dinner we had been looking forward to. I went and asked at reception what we should do and eventually someone from the restaurant had a heated exchange with the bar staff and we were presented with the dinner menu that we could then eat in the bar. A bit of a mix up and a bit long winded but the food was very good so no real problems there. When we got back to the room it was like an oven. We set the air conditioning, turned off all the radiators and headed for bed. After only 3 hours sleep the night before I was looking forward to a good long sleep. Unfortunately, this was not to be. The room got hotter and hotter. We opened the windows as much as we could but the traffic noise stopped sleep and despite an outside temperature of only 5 degrees this made little difference. Sleep was totally impossible! Next morning, breakfast was served in the club lounge until 11.30am. We arrived at about 10.45 and were greeted by a selection of dried up and congealed food that looked as if it had sat there since breakfast began at 6.30am. Awful! I asked at reception if someone could sort the heating issue in the room and was told this would be done. It never was! 3 more times of asking only ended with me being told that the hotel could only be set to heating or cooling and given the outside temperature, it was set to heat. (it was so warm and sunny during the day, most people were in shorts!). Dinner that evening was served in the Harvest restaurant. The food again was excellent but the service was painfully slow and inattentive. There were never more than 7 people in the restaurant but the 3 members of staff were much happier chatting in the kitchen. After nearly 2 hours for starter and main course we decided not to endure the wait for dessert. Before dinner, we were told that even though we couldn't have the air conditioning on, they would isolate all the heat to the room and open the windows fully. Again, this did not happen and another sleepless night followed. Breakfast the following morning was another dried up congealed mess. All in all, the Hotel is a fantastic building, the rooms and dinner food are great. The levels of customer service and the club lounge breakfast however, leave a great deal to be desired.

1  Thank Andy C
CPPrague, Manager at Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear guest,
First of all let me thank you for choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza Prague and also for taking your time to share your comments with us.
I am glad you to see you were in overall satisfied with our hotel and read positive comments regarding attentiveness of our staff and quality of our rooms and hospitality of our Club Lounge.
What a great disappointment that your stay with us was negatively affected by technical problems with heating. I will personally address your comments to our Technical Maintenance staff to see where the problem was. I am sure they will take all necessary steps to avoid any inconvenience of this kind in the future.
Thank you once again for posting your review with and hopefully we will have a chance to have you back at our hotel in future.

MICHAL KRALIK
RESERVATION & REVENUE MANAGER

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I have been there last week for a business seminar, the hotel is overall very nice and convinient. accessible with a tram station just infront of the hotel. and 20 min from airport by taxi. the breakfast and lunch were very good and rooms were clean with average size. there is free wifi in the lobby althought the connection is very weak.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,
let me thank you for your recent stay with us and also for posting your comments on Trip Advisor to shave with another users. We truly appreciate your positive comments on food quality served in our restaurants and of course about cleanliness of our property as those aspects are one of the key factors for everyone. We are also glad to read you found useful our complimentary Wi-Fi connection and I will address your comments about its quality to our IT manager.

MICHAL KRALIK